Position 2024 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden Short $384k

Dropped $167k from starting price.

Round 0 scored a 130 and 115 back from injury this week. 3 weeks of 60's and a 15 injury subbed game.

Has basically been a 98 average since 2020. I'd say he's at least 25 points underpriced.

Wonder if there are any takers.

Jayden Short $384k

Round 0 scored a 130 and 115 back from injury this week. 3 weeks of 60's and a 15 injury subbed game.

Has basically been a 98 average since 2020. I'd say he's at least 25 points underpriced.

breakeven of 89. can wait a week. but great pickup.

Jayden Short $384k

I reckon the Tigers mix things up, he might get thrown into the middle down the track. Also seems to have lots of niggles lately.

Jayden Short $384k

I started him it was between Short & Houston and he killed me :moustache:
I was thinking about doing a roughie but it would only be at D7

I'm looking for a couple of value options down back.

While I'd love to have Ryan and Houston (I have Daicos, Sheez and Martin), I think the money can be better spent. I can maybe get one of those 2 later.

Looking at 2 of Sinclair ($537k), Young ($535k), McGrath ($533k), Dale ($532k), Stewart ($523k), NWM ($481k).

Right now I'm thinking a combo of Stewart and NWM for $1m is a pretty good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'd love to have Ryan and Houston (I have Daicos, Sheez and Martin), I think the money can be better spent. I can maybe get one of those 2 later.

Looking at 2 of Sinclair ($537k), Young ($535k), McGrath ($533k), Dale ($532k), Stewart ($523k), NWM ($481k).

Right now I'm thinking a combo of Stewart and NWM for $1m is a pretty good deal.

Trying to decide which one of these to bring in myself. As much as I'd love to grab Luke Ryan, the extra money in the bank goes a long long way.

Already have Stewart, but leaning towards Dale.

Trying to decide which one of these to bring in myself. As much as I'd love to grab Luke Ryan, the extra money in the bank goes a long long way.

Already have Stewart, but leaning towards Dale.
Dale or Sinclair for me.
I really like the way Dale is going but Bevo.......

What's everyone's thoughts on Jordan Clark? Can he keep up this 100 average? He would have scored 100+ against the Blues if not for that last minute outburst that cost them the game.

23.5 yo
6th year in the system
pick #15
very durable, hasn't missed a game since he's been at Freo
2024 floor = 83
2024 ceiling = 119

What's everyone's thoughts on Jordan Clark? Can he keep up this 100 average? He would have scored 100+ against the Blues if not for that last minute outburst that cost them the game.

23.5 yo
6th year in the system
pick #15
2024 floor = 83
2024 ceiling = 119

I traded him in early. Yep, that Carlton game was frustrating but definitely can't complain.

His numbers jumped the moment Young went into the midfield last year. (Again, wish I had have picked that up  before round 1).

Certainly in the mix for top 8 or so defenders. (I admit I didn't consider Chapman's return, but thankfully no harm done...yet...)

I traded him in early. Yep, that Carlton game was frustrating but definitely can't complain.

His numbers jumped the moment Young went into the midfield last year. (Again, wish I had have picked that up  before round 1).

Certainly in the mix for top 8 or so defenders. (I admit I didn't consider Chapman's return, but thankfully no harm done...yet...)
Cheers mate. I might grab him next week instead of Stewart to help my round 14 bye.

23.5 yo
6th year in the system
pick #15
2024 floor = 83
2024 ceiling = 119
Steve, I think the boat has sailed on Jordan Clark .....he's peaked

He's $510k, how is that peaked?
Clark hasn't put in a shocking or unexpected score this season .....his price isn't heading North

Do you think he has another ceiling to go to ? .....I still think he's peaked his price

1715314873961.png

Clark hasn't put in a shocking or unexpected score this season .....his price isn't heading North

Do you think he has another ceiling to go to ? .....I still think he's peaked his price

View attachment 1984674
He's averaging 102, currently the 8th best defender. If he didn't lose Freo the game with that incident against the Blues, he would have scored 100+ in that game, making his average 105+.

He's not a spike score player, he's a consistent 80-120 player. That means his price will hover around this price. Does he need a higher ceiling to go to? A consistent 100 average for ~$500k at D6 is nice.

Stewart and Clark will be similar price next week, they are my preference for D6. I have 7 keepers missing in rd14 already (not to mention lots of rookies too), so I'm leaning towards Clark. I think Stewart will average more than him with a higher ceiling, but overall their average shouldn't be too dissimilar and my byes will be better off with Clark.

i think add sinclair and mcgrath to your 2 preferences, all 4 are mega consistent .

i would lean sinclair , stewart, mcgrath , nwm in that order out of the 6 you put up

If I want a mid to low priced defender who can give me 75-85 each week with good JS and be flipped at the byes, who is the best option? Thinking Chapman or Sexton but concerned Sexton could be out in a couple of weeks via the Dimma revolving door

Remove this Banner Ad

Back