List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He ain't leaving Brisbane for Brayshaw money I wouldn't think. Can't have 3 miss on a million either I think we're pretty stuffed with the Oliver over pay
Your ability to link everything back to your disdain for Oliver is actually quite impressive, not gonna lie. Elite hating.

Your ability to link everything back to your disdain for Oliver is actually quite impressive, not gonna lie. Elite hating.
Just getting started there's still a long old season left of claz bashing

Oh, I agree with needing redundancy, but surely 6 first round mids is sufficient? And, what forwards? What defenders? They're bloody lucky to have landed Nick Larkey for a pick 73 and Zurhaar for a rookie pick! At what point do you start to invest good picks in those areas? After 8 *in' years of mids?

No, maybe you're right, I'm sure they know what they're doing. We'll let results speak for themselves, eh?
If you take one picked player per field area, these a very good chance they could all bomb out. Take a few over 2 or 3 seasons of drafts, is a good way to succeed in these areas.

Still take some defenders/forwards in these same drafts, but maybe not the early picks.
As you can see the mids developing, and have a good feel for what is developing, then focus your early picks on the taller players in later drafts.

He ain't leaving Brisbane for Brayshaw money I wouldn't think. Can't have 3 miss on a million either I think we're pretty stuffed with the Oliver over pay
I would be throwing All at Liam Baker; who Will be available end of this year; IF the Price is Right.!
26Yrs of age; a 5Yr + offer, with the 1st & 2nd Yrs on a $M1,000,000 per Yr.

Or even go $M1.5 in his 1st year... enough to get him through the door for 2025.
The Tiges will fight to keep him with a captaincy offer, no doubt. So our up front offer would need to be very high value... and picks no doubt.

With Tmc and BBB, to finish this year as well as Brayshaw ending up; plus Melksham as well this year, we will have no better time to do this.

This hard running small mid/forward is just what we don't have a lot of, to break the lines and be the line-breaker for our inside F50 entries.

I would be throwing All at Liam Baker; who Will be available end of this year; IF the Price is Right.!

Or even go $M1.5 in his 1st year... enough to get him through the door for 2025.
The Tiges will fight to keep him with a captaincy offer, no doubt. So our up front offer would need to be very high value... and picks no doubt.

With Tmc and BBB, to finish this year as well as Brayshaw ending up; plus Melksham as well this year, we will have no better time to do this.

This hard running small mid/forward is just what we don't have a lot of, to break the lines and be the line-breaker for our inside F50 entries.
I reckon we've got plenty of options for that type of player: ANB, Chandler, Hunter, Kozz, Windsor, Spargo etc. We've got plenty of decent runners fitness wise on the list, most with solid skills albeit none with elite speed imo, and Baker wouldn't really bring that.

The issue is we don't use them effectively. Throwing squillions at Baker doesn't fix that problem

If we got that much money and space in the cap let's try shake Curnow loose instead lol.

It's stay at Tigers and become captain, or go home to WA. No point putting any energy into trying to poach him. I think we have bigger needs as well. Need to replace May, top up the mids and find a forward or two that can kick a goal. If we're throwing that kind of money around, try and poach Callaghan from GWS? Or Mac Andrew from GC. Hell, go after Sam Taylor if we have that kind of money to spend! (which i don't think we do)

Why not both? :tearsofjoy:
Dream scenario and what we need the most is Sam Taylor. I think we're ****ed when May leaves. We built a whole game around absorbing inside 50s and being strong behind the ball but I think we're stuffed and Petty's gonna have to go back to replace him. Main reason Port have never got to a GF is there back 6 can't dominate a game in the air

Definitely don't wanna spend money on a ruck once Gawn goes. Use a tough battler type. Don't spend a fortune on a key forward. Don't wanna waste a years draft haul on Ben King because we need so much more.

I love Zak Butters, Shai Bolton if we could take someone for a million but won't happen

More reasonable would be to try and steal a key forward from Sydney or GWS like Riccardi or Amartey etc

It's also very possible there's just nothing worth splashing money on right now and we should hold fire. Don't wanna see us go spend 800k on a Dylan shiel type just cause we have money.

I really like the Hayward link, a guy who can win a one on one deep forward but also play in a center bounce as well. Those players are worth alot imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream scenario and what we need the most is Sam Taylor. I think we're ****ed when May leaves. We built a whole game around absorbing inside 50s and being strong behind the ball but I think we're stuffed and Petty's gonna have to go back to replace him. Main reason Port have never got to a GF is there back 6 can't dominate a game in the air

Definitely don't wanna spend money on a ruck once Gawn goes. Use a tough battler type. Don't spend a fortune on a key forward. Don't wanna waste a years draft haul on Ben King because we need so much more.

I love Zak Butters, Shai Bolton if we could take someone for a million but won't happen

More reasonable would be to try and steal a key forward from Sydney or GWS like Riccardi or Amartey etc

It's also very possible there's just nothing worth splashing money on right now and we should hold fire. Don't wanna see us go spend 800k on a Dylan shiel type just cause we have money.

I really like the Hayward link, a guy who can win a one on one deep forward but also play in a center bounce as well. Those players are worth alot imo.
Thanks for the reply. Agree on Taylor as number 1, he would be fantastic. Same opinion on ruck, get value if our VFL guy isn't ready. Easiest position in the game to recruit. I think McCluggage would offer something different to our current midfield if we somehow go down that route. Re Hayward I want to see how McAdam goes first, those two and Fritsch in the same forward line would be an interesting one.

I don’t mind this at all.

Defence you can rely on is critical - see Demons in 2018 which was the turning point that led to 2021. May has saved Melbourne and been the game winner (or protector I guess) so many times it’s not funny.

It’s great having Gawn but time and time again premierships have been won with unremarkable rucks. When he’s gone if pick 30 odd ends up another Gawn, great, but it’s not required.

Diversity and options in the forward line is the modern way. Zone defending means having one or two predictable targets only is futile.

Invest in the midfield because they are the ones who are around the ball most, and have to execute the most difficult part of the game which is that delivery into the forward line.

A lot hinges on Petty. If he goes then we desperately need one if not two mature KP players. Cummings from GWS is a sneaky good key defender and a FA.

I'd also be comfortable with going hard for McLug as he does offer our midfield something different.

Even if Clarry gets back to his best, Viney and Trac are in their late 20s now, and Clug coming in should allow Trac to play forward more if heaven forbid Goody wanted to play one less tall forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not bad Kenty, similar to list of names I have on my shopping list.

Certainly think the realistic types like Riccardi and Amartey are worth chasing pretty hard. Right now as we speak Riccardi has kicked 13 goals in 7 games. That's better then any of what our key forwards have dished up and would be currently second to Bailey Fritsch in our goal kicking.

Even Amartey has kicked 11 goals in 6 games. Again, that's still better then what Petty, JVR and Brown have kicked this year.

The other name id be happy to throw cash in and I've been a huge fan since watching him around the draft is Finn O' Callaghan. Absolute star in the making and I watched him tear Brisbane's midfield a new A hole with 32 disposals and 614m gain which shows he's willingness to carry the footy and gain metres and distance with his booming left foot. Not that it matters but he's best mates with Blake Howes and have grown up since kindergarten.

He'd be my absolute dream.

Last edited:
Not bad Kenty, similar to list of names I have on my shopping list.

Certainly think the realistic types like Riccardi and Amartey are worth chasing pretty hard. Right now as we speak Riccardi has kicked 13 goals in 7 games. That's better then any of what our key forwards have dished up and would be currently second to Bailey Fritsch in our goal kicking.

Even Amartey has kicked 11 goals in 6 games. Again, that's still better then what Petty, JVR and Brown have kicked this year.

The other name id be happy to throw cash in and I've been a huge fan since watching him around the draft is Finn O' Callaghan. Absolute star in the making and I watched him tear Brisbane's midfield a new A hole with 32 disposals and 614m gain which shows he's willingness to carry thr footy and gain metres and distance with his booming left foot. Nit that it matters but he's best mates with Blake and have grown up since kindergarten.

He'd be my absolute dream.

Yeah Finn looked incredible the other night. Has the tools to be one of the best mids in the league. Absolute gun.

A lot hinges on Petty. If he goes then we desperately need one if not two mature KP players. Cummings from GWS is a sneaky good key defender and a FA.

I'd also be comfortable with going hard for McLug as he does offer our midfield something different.

Even if Clarry gets back to his best, Viney and Trac are in their late 20s now, and Clug coming in should allow Trac to play forward more if heaven forbid Goody wanted to play one less tall forward.

I think we're at the stage where we have to start seriously bolstering the midfield tbh, I also agree KPD is another important area.

I'm not sure the club has the guts to do it but if Oliver isn't going to become an elite player again we need to get rid of him because the contract is going to kill us. Not saying he is cooked, but if he is still playing like this in round 15 I'm going to be very worried.

I think we're at the stage where we have to start seriously bolstering the midfield tbh, I also agree KPD is another important area.

I'm not sure the club has the guts to do it but if Oliver isn't going to become an elite player again we need to get rid of him because the contract is going to kill us. Not saying he is cooked, but if he is still playing like this in round 15 I'm going to be very worried.
He won’t be. He will be heaps better or not permitted to play at all. Intensely driven or losing the plot, that’s Clarry

Do you mean Isaac Cumming? He’s a 184cm back pocket/flanker.

Do you mean Isaac Cumming? He’s a 184cm back pocket/flanker.
While he's definitely not a KPB, he would be a handy pick up. I believe he is a free agent at the end of this season and his ball use coming out of the backline would be more than handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back