List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

As a straight bloke I generally don't make it a habit to look at footballers' arms, but on Twitter this morning I saw a few photos of some Swans players from the game on the weekend, including Florent, and it was stark to me how much bigger they looked. Some genuine size and muscle on them now. That would have to give them more confidence to play with, especially someone like Florent who has mostly been more of a lean, outside player. He is one who would be feeling like less of a boy amongst men this year.
Must be all the contract signing.

Hasn't taken long for the drongos on Twitter to start going on about how we've rorted the system by managing to re-sign Rowbottom, Gulden & Florent.

Like most clubs don't make sure they have money needed to secure three of their better players :rolleyes:

Hasn't taken long for the drongos on Twitter to start going on about how we've rorted the system by managing to re-sign Rowbottom, Gulden & Florent.

Like most clubs don't make sure they have money needed to secure three of their better players :rolleyes:
They will completely lose it when we re-sign Logan and if we re-sign Wilbur. The signature I really want is Roberts though. Never would've picked it at the start of the year but he is a gun.

Fox Footy hasn’t even covered the news yet.

Some of them are probably even Cats, Blues, Hawks or Collingwood fans.

"YOu cAn't hAVe EveRyoNe"

Fox Footy hasn’t even covered the news yet.
To be fair it only broke about an hour ago. But they might not bother. From memory Rowbottom's re-signing didn't get a mention in the media other than being tacked onto the end of an article about Taylor Adams being named to play.

Hopefully the increasingly-reliable Lachlan McKirdy will do an interview with Florent as he's done with everyone else.

“Drongo”

A grouse Aussie term that is not used nearly enough.

To be fair it only broke about an hour ago. But they might not bother. From memory Rowbottom's re-signing didn't get a mention in the media other than being tacked onto the end of an article about Taylor Adams being named to play.

Hopefully the increasingly-reliable Lachlan McKirdy will do an interview with Florent as he's done with everyone else.
They only bother with Swans news when a player leaves us. Just watch with Hayward when he does. Then he’ll be called a “gun”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:joycat:If Nick Daicos somehow signs with us only then the media will talk about it
If Daicos joins us, the media will be reporting that we're being dissolved as a club, and becoming the Simpson Desert Sandpeople.

Collingwood would not let it stand, would run off to Daddy VFL.

Gulden and Florent re-signing recently, very happy with that. For mine, they were the top two priorities. Followed closely by McDonald assuming he doesn't demand crazy money. Also based on his good year so far hopefully Melican gets a new offer too. I like Fox's versatility and still has a bit of dash so would like him re-signed.

Like some, I wouldn't be devastated if they let Hayward go. Don't mind keeping either though, if the money is right. Cunningham, at his age and stage of career, I don't mind either way. Same boat as Hayward for mine. As depth, not averse to Francis being kept on with a new one year contract either. Can play at both ends.

Based on age and injuries, have to guess this season is it for Reid.

Of all remaining players whose contracts finish up at the end of this season, Mitchell having recently been selected in seniors has at least impressed coaching staff to some degree. Might be a chance of getting a new contract. Some good talk of Edwards' development from reserves watchers, might be in the same boat as Mitchell. A chance if he continues to show signs of improvement.

What I gather from reserves watchers, none of Arnold (I know he is currently injured), Buller, Konstanty, Magor, McAndrew, Vickery are knocking the door down with great form this season demanding to be offered new contracts.

Young Kirk, to early to tell one way or the other.

Vic Metro squad announced

Seems to me Vic Metro kids are at risk of being over rated, by supposed draft gurus as well as Melbourne based bf types.

I guess there has been analysis done of the relative chances of success depending where you are drafted from. When watching games such as the Champs I think we try to be objective. I struggle cheering first our Academy kids and then kids in the Allies Squad.

I really liked Will Graham the least celebrated of the GoCo Fab 4. But I think I underrated him. Has been pulling off Rowbottom tackle numbers, gets plaenty of ball and uses it beautifully.

How tf is port declaring their interest in anything and everything with a pulse for the past 7 years? Their list is reasonably stacked surely they don't have much room

There's a narrative, which I agree with, that North desperately need experience. I've seen Pendle's and Boak's names thrown about as potential recruits and now this morning, Parker's in Barratt's sliding doors.

Of those 3, Parker had the most left in him so if I was Norf, I'd be presenting him with a juicy pre retirement offer.

There's a narrative, which I agree with, that North desperately need experience. I've seen Pendle's and Boak's names thrown about as potential recruits and now this morning, Parker's in Barratt's sliding doors.

Of those 3, Parker had the most left in him so if I was Norf, I'd be presenting him with a juicy pre retirement offer.
I'd rather Parker retire a 1 club man than anything else

Would need $2.0m + pa for at least two seasons.

Me too. He is such a legend of the club, given everything and some.

However, I remember chatting to Nick Malceski who told me he never wanted to leave Sydney but was offered such a good deal by the Suns towards the end of his career that he had no choice. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Norf do something similar given that they so desperately need someone like Parker.

Me too. He is such a legend of the club, given everything and some.

However, I remember chatting to Nick Malceski who told me he never wanted to leave Sydney but was offered such a good deal by the Suns towards the end of his career that he had no choice. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Norf do something similar given that they so desperately need someone like Parker.
Norf are thin everywhere so I doubt they would spend that sort of money on an aging bull who is declining when it could snag them a player nearer to their peak.

We all would and I'd think Parks probably does too, but a godfather offer for a couple of years would be hard to resist.
Look at what Hodge did for Brisbane, Parks could certainly bring similar to North, as would Pendles, Boak or Ward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back