Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take this to be arrogant, but apart from Ash & Grundy i have no one underperforming to trade so im a bit stuck. One trade is obvious, Gibcus needs to go, but the other im struggling with.

Currently gone with Grundy > Billings but maybe i should go with Jordon > Billings and back in the manbun?

Or i can go Grundy > Dempsey & Williams > Sheezel or something. Gibcus can stay on my bench then. I really dont know

Obvious ones for me this week.

Bringing in Dempsey (cash gen) and Serong (premo mid - will never leave my side).

One up and one down seems like the best thing for my team right now. Got pretty much all the other big performing rookies from round 1.

Will leave Budarick in for one week and just hope it was a very bad (one off) game from him. He will be gone next week if he does anything less than 90.
Is Serong a must have at this stage of the season? I get he’s just scored a 160 but he’s never shown a ceiling like this before and has already cracked the mil. I’m more focused on the missed value than the fomo early upgrades off the back of one round.

Feel like the ships sailed on him and Green for a little while

Is Serong a must have at this stage of the season? I get he’s just scored a 160 but he’s never shown a ceiling like this before and has already cracked the mil. I’m more focused on the missed value than the fomo early upgrades off the back of one round.

Add Heeney and the Gold Coast boys to that list

Fish is on a short leash. Will happily punt him if he drops another 60.
GTFO...
cannonball GIF

Funny you say never shown a ceiling before. A few years ago (before his break out) he had a massive 143 against North (Who he is also playing against this coming week).

I think if you are a little slim in the midfield like me it is vital to get the top performing mids in early (or at least one of them) as it is very likely that Serong ends up averaging 120+ this season and being a top 1 or 2 mid. If you don't get him this week and he gets another 150+ score he will be 1.1 mil and out of reach for pretty much the rest of the season.

What do you think Serong does to North this weekend?

Yeah everytime I've chased monster scores, it's never ended well.

View attachment 1931690

Any suggestions here?

I think I know what I want to do but want some other ideas.
Get rid of the mid pricers that didn't fire. Which in your case is Wines and Grundy (or Fisher). I am holding Fisher one more week to see if he does better against Fremantle (half backers do very well against them in previous seasons).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of the mid pricers that didn't fire. Which in your case is Wines and Grundy (or Fisher). I am holding Fisher one more week to see if he does better against Fremantle (half backers do very well against them in previous seasons).
THat's exactly where I'm sitting currently with Billings and Xerri the ins. Fisher I'm holding at least one more maybe 2 for when Flanders is back from the bye.

Funny you say never shown a ceiling before. A few years ago (before his break out) he had a massive 143 against North (Who he is also playing against this coming week).

I think if you are a little slim in the midfield like me it is vital to get the top performing mids in early (or at least one of them) as it is very likely that Serong ends up averaging 120+ this season and being a top 1 or 2 mid. If you don't get him this week and he gets another 150+ score he will be 1.1 mil and out of reach for pretty much the rest of the season
Yeah but what are the odds of that actually happening? It’s happened quite often in the past. Happened with Oliver just last year. Started like a house on fire.. everyone scrambled to get him in and he regressed back to the pack (got injured too but no one can plan for that).

Not saying he’s not going to be nice to have but I’m just going to take it on the chin and get him when I can without compromising my cash gen. He can’t get much further away from you than he already is

Yeah but what are the odds of that actually happening? It’s happened quite often in the past. Happened with Oliver just last year. Started like a house on fire.. everyone scrambled to get him in and he regressed back to the pack (got injured too but no one can plan for that).

Not saying he’s not going to be nice to have but I’m just going to take it on the chin and get him when I can without compromising my cash gen. He can’t get much further away from you than he already is
Oliver played the first 10 games last season and didn't drop below 100 for any of them. Was well out of reach at round 3 or 4 when he was still averaging 125+ and got super duper expensive and never really fell in price. He came back very late and scored a 66 in round 23 (his only game below 100 last season). If not for that 66 he would've averaged 120 and been the highest averaging player last season. It was the right call to get him in early (if not for the injury).

Serong has arguably started even better and pending on the North result (I expect another huge score) he will be much much more expensive in a few weeks time when people look to upgrade towards the end of the early byes.

1 mil price is around 105-110 average. If Serong goes 130 for his next couple of game (he should, just like Oliver did) then he will be well above 1.1 mil and will not drop unless he has a stinker.

I'm also a big freo supporter so I'm getting him to not have conflicted feelings every time he gets the ball :p

Need some help with the trade options this week please! Leaning towards the second one but outside help is always welcomed :).

View attachment 1931708
Of those ones probably the first one. But if you have both Newcombe and Wines I'd be getting both of them out at the same time. One up one down. No point keeping in massive cash players like that for mediocre 60-70 scores.

Of those ones probably the first one. But if you have both Newcombe and Wines I'd be getting both of them out at the same time. One up one down. No point keeping in massive cash players like that for mediocre 60-70 scores.
Thing is its only one week, could do a complete 180 this week. Newcombe has the role were as Wines doesn't.

It's more so are they more important to trade than fixing up rookies like getting Sharp in/Reid out.

Im thinking something similar, but deciding on Newcombe or Wines, don't think ill trade Grundy yet.

Wines > Sharp
Z Reid > D'Ambrosio

155k in bank and switch to 3 mid rookies, keep Coffield on bench to gain abit of cash.
Yeah I think restructuring to a 3 rookie mid setup could be the play with only best 18 scoring

Thing is its only one week, could do a complete 180 this week. Newcombe has the role were as Wines doesn't.

It's more so are they more important to trade than fixing up rookies like getting Sharp in/Reid out.
True Newcombe could do a 180. But I've sat on that way of thinking before and almost every time the player still puts out the same putrid scoring and before you know it you've lost over 100k and need to go all the way down to a rook.

Reid is interesting because we have literally zero other rookie defenders (unless if they name a 200k one this week). I'd be much more confident in trading Reid if we had a rookie to go to instead of going up to Massimo (who while very good is in a volatile hawks backline where every half backer has one good week and one bad week).

Alternatively, Wines > Serong and Fish > Dempsey, giving Grundy the extra week to perform instead of Fisher....
I think I'm a bit too weak in the forwards to make this work as nice as owning Serong would be. I'm already fielding Reid & Wilson and would have to field 1 of Dempsey, Campbell or Lazzaro on top of those. If Wines becomes Billings I can field Sharp or Roberts instead of Reid or Wilson match up dependent.

True Newcombe could do a 180. But I've sat on that way of thinking before and almost every time the player still puts out the same putrid scoring and before you know it you've lost over 100k and need to go all the way down to a rook.

Reid is interesting because we have literally zero other rookie defenders (unless if they name a 200k one this week). I'd be much more confident in trading Reid if we had a rookie to go to instead of going up to Massimo (who while very good is in a volatile hawks backline where every half backer has one good week and one bad week).
Yeah Reid is basically a leave or go up to Ambrosio imo.

Newcombe i agree that he could go bad again and lose alot more cash, but i think i could still go down to Bonner next week and upgrade somewhere with alot of spare cash or just go straight up from him. Which also means you can see Bonner with Sinclair in also.

I still also think Wines could of been played on the outside more because it was against WCE, that could be clutching at straws.
Very hard week for trades imo.

I think I'm a bit too weak in the forwards to make this work as nice as owning Serong would be. I'm already fielding Reid & Wilson and would have to field 1 of Dempsey, Campbell or Lazzaro on top of those. If Wines becomes Billings I can field Sharp or Roberts instead of Reid or Wilson match up dependent.
It is best 18 this week and next week...

View attachment 1931690

Any suggestions here?

I think I know what I want to do but want some other ideas.
Wines has to go.

Fisher, Grundy, Harley Reid and Seth Campbell your only options to move on from.

Wines > Billings
Campbell > Dempsey

Bank cash for next week to move on from Fisher or Jordan if one doesn't perform next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back