Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is best 18 this week and next week...
Yep, this. we need our rookies for cash gen now, but realistically we should only need our 21st or 22nd players once in the next 5 weeks - so restructuring to fix your worst player on field is just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.

I think I'm a bit too weak in the forwards to make this work as nice as owning Serong would be. I'm already fielding Reid & Wilson and would have to field 1 of Dempsey, Campbell or Lazzaro on top of those. If Wines becomes Billings I can field Sharp or Roberts instead of Reid or Wilson match up dependent.
That sounds very familiar....

1710737672473.png

Oliver played the first 10 games last season and didn't drop below 100 for any of them. Was well out of reach at round 3 or 4 when he was still averaging 125+ and got super duper expensive and never really fell in price. He came back very late and scored a 66 in round 23 (his only game below 100 last season). If not for that 66 he would've averaged 120 and been the highest averaging player last season. It was the right call to get him in early (if not for the injury).

Serong has arguably started even better and pending on the North result (I expect another huge score) he will be much much more expensive in a few weeks time when people look to upgrade towards the end of the early byes.

1 mil price is around 105-110 average. If Serong goes 130 for his next couple of game (he should, just like Oliver did) then he will be well above 1.1 mil and will not drop unless he has a stinker.

I'm also a big freo supporter so I'm getting him to not have conflicted feelings every time he gets the ball :p
Yeah that’s all true but I feel like he’s almost already “unattainable” for this stage of the season. With the right trades you could make much more than whatever Serong peaks at

There’ll be other options. Gulden could potentially be under 950 in the next 2 weeks and I feel like, even with his bye, that’s not really a window I want to miss

Yeah that’s all true but I feel like he’s almost already “unattainable” for this stage of the season. With the right trades you could make much more than whatever Serong peaks at

There’ll be other options. Gulden could potentially be under 950 in the next 2 weeks and I feel like, even with his bye, that’s not really a window I want to miss
Yeah I get that. Saving money everywhere is important. But I just think Serong is the best value right now.

• Won't go lower than what he's currently priced at
  • Has the best bye (round 13) that only has Freo and Port on it
  • Can VC/C him through the entire early bye rounds when captains mean that much more with just 18 scores counting

1710740695002.png

Just realised I could do this with DPP magic, thanks to Dempsey being in my Utility spot!

Think this is gonna be the best I can do as it lets me play Darcy Wilson over Hore/Howes, and I can't afford Billings.

Thinking Jordan to Dempsey and Wines to Steele.

Holding Newk for him to bounce back although will drop some coin.

Jordan hasn’t set the world on fire since his PS match. Looks like Dempsey may be able to get close to him anyway.

No other rookie issues so not sure how else to get Dempsey without messaging up my structure.

I have Cam Mackenzie, Grundy and Wines which seem to be my biggest issues
Happy to ride Newcombe for one more week and assess. I feel like he’s up for a big year so big going to rage trade like I normally do.
Don’t have Fyfe or Dempsey.
Thinking Grundy to Xerri and Mackenzie to Fyfe. Next week Dempsey in and Crouch in.

Or, Mackenzie down to Dempsey and Wines to Crouch.
What do we think?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Cam Mackenzie, Grundy and Wines which seem to be my biggest issues
Happy to ride Newcombe for one more week and assess. I feel like he’s up for a big year so big going to rage trade like I normally do.
Don’t have give or Dempsey.
Thinking Grundy to Xerri and Mackenzie to Fyfe. Next week Dempsey in and Crouch in.

Or, Mackenzie down to Dempsey and Wines to Crouch.
What do we think?
Remember that Grundy has an average of 120 on the SCG.

Serong chasers have to ask what you are giving up to get him, what points are you gaining to get him surely there are more holes to fill than getting him in your squad.

Chasing players of that expense never works out because next week you're going to find another hole in a rookie or a mid pricer that you don't have the cash because you spent up on Serong.

If it were me I'd be chasing someone like Rowell, Rozee, Billings or wait for Gulden post bye, a guy like Gulden is every chance to match Serongs season score, every single year there are opportunities all year round to get to an elite player especially in the midfield, at the moment you can have Bont/Gulden for cheap in a few weeks.

You don't win the comp in round 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Serong chasers have to ask what you are giving up to get him, what points are you gaining to get him surely there are more holes to fill than getting him in your squad.

Chasing players of that expense never works out because next week you're going to find another hole in a rookie or a mid pricer that you don't have the cash because you spent up on Serong.

If it were me I'd be chasing someone like Rowell, Rozee, Billings or wait for Gulden post bye, a guy like Gulden is every chance to match Serongs season score.

He's not gonna vs the shell of an already thin midfield either.. he's top 8, but no more than any of the other top guys and your not getting him "at a discount" as such. Would have been one of the best watches to have him yesterday, agree, surely there are more pressing needs for everyone.

If it were me I'd be chasing someone like Rowell, Rozee, Billings or wait for Gulden post bye, a guy like Gulden is every chance to match Serongs season score.

Yeah only way it works is if it’s a restructure. Say Wines and Fisher out for Dempsey and Serong. But I would like to get a look at most of those guys (probably not Wines) for at least another week because they all had the roles we picked them for.

But Bont and Gulden could both be available for less than a mil in the coming weeks and prioritising pathways to get them in makes the most sense.

If you have Serong or Green already then well played but continually chasing players that have already made their big move doesn’t usually end well for the rest of the team

He's not gonna vs the shell of an already thin midfield either.. he's top 8, but no more than any of the other top guys and your not getting him "at a discount" as such. Would have been one of the best watches to have him yesterday, agree, surely there are more pressing needs for everyone.
I certainly enjoyed it haha.

Leaning Wines to Bonner as a starting trade

Then not sure on either

J.Clark to Dempsey (+175k into next week)
Newcombe to Serong (+30k into next week)
Coffield to D'Ambrosio (+95k into next week)
Lazzaro to Billings (+1k into next week)

Rest of the team
View attachment 1931803

I think Coffield > Ambrossio improves your side most as after this trae you won't have be fielding a DEF rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back