Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right there with ya mate. Lot of crap going around, and I've had tonsillitis, COVID, and now bronchitis. Got my first 2 hours of proper sleep in 4 days this morning.

Flu season in summer, who woulda thunk it?
I missed getting covid and haven’t had a cold in about 5 years.
Now I’m coughing up green stuff from
My chest like Regan in the Excorsist lol

Yep Simpson spelled that out quite clearly in the post game ramblings.

They are definitely not doing a young Cousins situation and plonking him in the centre all day.

He said they’re going to take it easy on him and put him forward a lot.

This entire WC season is about developing their young players.

They have no interest in trying winning games at all costs. And I don’t blame them for this strategy.
And anyway, isn't this a good year to have early round picks?

Cuz was a fwd mostly in his early career (kicked 30 in his 1st year) but get your point ;)
You’re right you know.

He was incredible in his debut season. Basically ran around the midfield and went forward to kick goals …but didn’t start in the guts….just ran all day. Kicked 34-15
His second season he kicked 22-13…both season 1 &2 he no clearance numbers ..zero.

3rd year he’s in the guts and one of the best players with 77 clearances.

After that from 4th season to 8th his clearance numbers are phenomenal as he gets better every year.

94, 89,131, 143, 114 total season clearance numbers.

Friends, please unburden me and make my decision for me.

Operation 'Spew-combe'
A) Newcombe to Crouch
B) Newcombe to Bonner

Operation 'Fat Grundy'
A) Grundy to Xerri
B) Grundy to Billings via Jackson

Always been a believer of holding your premiums but I don't really have any other options than to dump one of those two. The only players I had lose money this week were NWM, Fisher (with both of their losses being minimal so will hold), Reid (who doesn't really have a sideways option as I think Dean won't last more than another week), and Newcombe.
Another thing to consider is the breakevens. Newcombe has a 122 BE and Grundy an 85. As for my targets, Crouch is 69, Xerri 34, Billings 31, and Bonner 24.

For what it's worth, I am leaning toward Newcombe to Crouch but will do whatever you suggest.

You’re right you know.

He was incredible in his debut season. Basically ran around the midfield and went forward to kick goals …but didn’t start in the guts….just ran all day. Kicked 34-15
His second season he kicked 22-13…both season 1 &2 he no clearance numbers ..zero.

3rd year he’s in the guts and one of the best players with 77 clearances.

After that from 4th season to 8th his clearance numbers are phenomenal as he gets better every year.

94, 89,131, 143, 114 total season clearance numbers.
All wind assisted wasn't it?

View attachment 1932184
Hey guys what are your thoughts ?
100k in the bank

1918 score and a rank of 54k

Thinking of going Hewett to Dempsey
Wines to Zerret/Serong

Hewett and Wines just not doing what I expected them to do

Most team I havr seen are going with 2 rooks in the fwd line and with 4 of the next 5 weeks best 18 going to a more guns and rooks strategy should be feasible.
Bump
Any thoughts

Bump
Any thoughts
I like those 2 outs. Mids needs to be focus. Dempsey only rook missed that I can see.

Billings another option with value or Massimo and move Yeo to mids. Any of them for Hewett is a good start.

Wines up to whatever you can. Probably don't need to to absolute uber price here.

I do mean Harley lol

But rethinking things today …

I haven’t got too much to worry about trade wise except a possible Grundy to Xerri

But I want Dempsey 🤔
Reid got a 55 against the hardest team in the comp to score against. If anything thats incredibly bullish, id expect 70+ from Reid this year. The eagles wont get worse in terms of fantasy, thats literally the hardest matchup

Reid got a 55 against the hardest team in the comp to score against. If anything thats incredibly bullish, id expect 70+ from Reid this year. The eagles wont get worse in terms of fantasy, thats literally the hardest matchup
He was also tagged by Drew after his fast start. It limited his involvement around the ground.

Yep Simpson spelled that out quite clearly in the post game ramblings.

They are definitely not doing a young Cousins situation and plonking him in the centre all day.

He said they’re going to take it easy on him and put him forward a lot.

This entire WC season is about developing their young players.

They have no interest in trying winning games at all costs. And I don’t blame them for this strategy.
While true the focus on the future, they will still be trying to win games, best 23 on the park etc.
Reid will work up to 50-60% CBAs, he will go forward for now because its easier to rest forward(easier in terms of its less information for a first year), but Simmo has said he the intention is for him to be a mid/def, mostly mid. He was training as a mid/def in the preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there was some attention which I wouldnt expect from most teams
There was attention because he was having a positive impact. Gonna be a gun if he needs to be tagged in his first game.

I have Grundy and Newcombe but keen to give them another chance.

Wines needs to go so I'm thinking;

Wines > Billings (via Jordan to MID)
Lazzaro > D'ambro

Means I miss Dempsey (giving me Kade Chandler vibes from last year, missed him because I had other issues to fix up and he went on to make $300k) but D'ambro & Billing's price rises should net similar coin.

D'ambro also covers ZWill this week and Whitfield next week (I have 9 defenders - Hore in UTL). Yeo can be flicked to the MIDS in Round 4.

1710843169169.png

Think I might just back my team and go Clark and Seth to Dempsey and another rook. After the flags on Bonner (Sinclair going back)
Massimo (inexperienced, had a 97 last year then a 40)
And not wanting to trade fisher as he could out score them, only option is a downgrade and Grundy to xerri or double down

Crazy to think grundys last solo games are 95 Then 106 119 81 118, then this week was s**t.

So might just not touch my field this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_223931_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_223931_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 82
Think I might just back my team and go Clark and Seth to Dempsey and another rook. After the flags on Bonner (Sinclair going back)
And not wanting to trade fisher as he could out score them, only option is a downgrade and Grundy to xerri or double down

Crazy to think grundys last solo games are 95 Then 106 119 81 118, then this week was s**t.

I don't know if i want to trade Wines or Grundy lol, ive never had this tough of a decision in decent years for trades.

Bonner’s ToG is what’s leaning me towards making him a priority. Surely he can average at least 75 if he doesn’t go off at all, no matter who else is playing

Amon > Dempsey via DPP
Grundy > Serong via DPP

Already have Bonner, Xerri.

Dempsey will be a great cash cow. Given I've freed up so much cash, and started with 3 rucks, I can utilise Grundy's funds to bring in Serong who could average 115-120 this year.

Happy to give mid pricers such as Perkins, Fyfe, Ambrossio, Billings another week determine who's best after 2 weeks of data. Keen on Sharp but don't think next week will be too late if he scores well again.

6aa6547e7b46c82f3496dd0a14f01f84.jpg

2628eee94d1c205787be5b8635fdb036.jpg

Tossing up between these two. Leaning towards option A, gives some cash to play with next week, and Clark probably won't lose money this week. Coffield and Clark for Massimo and a rook next week perhaps.

Not sure why people are so desperate for Dempsey to be honest. Could easily throw up a 30 next week. Sure makes a bit of cash but he's already pretty expensive.

Friends, please unburden me and make my decision for me.

Operation 'Spew-combe'
A) Newcombe to Crouch
B) Newcombe to Bonner

Operation 'Fat Grundy'
A) Grundy to Xerri
B) Grundy to Billings via Jackson

Always been a believer of holding your premiums but I don't really have any other options than to dump one of those two. The only players I had lose money this week were NWM, Fisher (with both of their losses being minimal so will hold), Reid (who doesn't really have a sideways option as I think Dean won't last more than another week), and Newcombe.
Another thing to consider is the breakevens. Newcombe has a 122 BE and Grundy an 85. As for my targets, Crouch is 69, Xerri 34, Billings 31, and Bonner 24.

For what it's worth, I am leaning toward Newcombe to Crouch but will do whatever you suggest.
I don't have Newcombe, but I know the playing group has had some Covid go through it, so maybe Newcombe's lethargy is related.

I do have Grundy. I'm going B in that choice. I have Jackson who will become R2 so I can get Billings as a FWD. My main thinking is not that Grundy is bad, I think he'll do well enough at the SCG with a little less running. It is more that Grundy has the Rnd 5 bye and Billings has the Round 6 and this should allow me to go Billings / Jackson to either English or Marshall (probs Marshall) - when we will have a whole bunch of DPP's drop. Billings access to good scores looks possible.

Good luck with your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back