Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Dempsey was he was a decent forward last year but his talent truly shined when he was give midfield time

A(VFL) game last year in which he tore it apart he had something like 30 an 5 goals after being moved into the midfield.

So he can absolutely score without goals just needs to get on his bike a bit and become an outlet on the wing as he is a great mark and a running machine.
Seven marks last week and six in the practice match vs Essendon is a good sign.

i'm soo going to struggle now that i have a horrendous rd1 score of 1755, hopefully there 90,000 inactive players infront of me so i can catch up

Looks like a good replacement for Smith
He could be for this year but as soon as he puts on some weight i see him being either a pure mid or a mid/fwd. He just needs to put on size so he doesn't break against the bigger body AFL mids.

The real test for Dempsey is when Rohan is fit.. Do we push him up the ground onto a wing or has he done enough to push out one of our other forwards or do we throw him in the deep end in the midfield.

Not matter what we do with him i hope he keeps playing like he did and takes his chance so the MC have no chance of dropping him.

Last edited:

The thing about Dempsey was he was a decent forward last year but his talent truly shined when he was give midfield time

A(VFL) game last year in which he tore it apart he had something like 30 an 5 goals after being moved into the midfield.

So he can absolutely score without goals just needs to get on his bike a bit and become an outlet on the wing as he is a great mark and a running machine.
Looked right at home vs the Saints.

No replies on my calculator question but are we thinking Billings counts for 140 or 75 (his average)?

Not quite clear on the question but in terms of his BE his 140 counts a lot more towards it than his 10.

Dempsey did average 88 in the VFL last year and only averaged 1.3 goals a game in that, so I'm not sure he necessarily needs goals to score decently
I didn't watch the game but seemed to get the marks and kicks of a high half forward rather than a genuine small forward. Anyone care to comment here?

What's the question?
Humour Boobies GIF by CBC

What are people's thoughts on Billings vs Dempsey? Given our forward lines are most likely to be our weakest, points wise, does the higher output of Billings outweigh his higher cost? Or do we expect Dempsey's past few scores to be repeated going forward?
My thing with Billings is that there is a world where he stays long term with how bare the forward line is. He’s not scoring 140 every week but why can’t he average 100 in that role? He’s got the Gulden 50 arc to 50 arc setup going on. So that’s something he’s got over all these other guys you’d need to eventually move on from

Only thing scaring me off him at the moment is his upcoming fixtures before his bye. Because if he’s not a keeper there’s also a real chance he drops stinkers in those Adelaide games and you’re in the same position as this week

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thing with Billings is that there is a world where he stays long term with how bare the forward line is. He’s not scoring 140 every week but why can’t he average 100 in that role? He’s got the Gulden 50 arc to 50 arc setup going on. So that’s something he’s got over all these other guys you’d need to eventually move on from

Only thing scaring me off him at the moment is his upcoming fixtures before his bye. Because if he’s not a keeper there’s also a real chance he drops stinkers in those Adelaide games and you’re in the same position as this week
Priced at 60, all he needs to do is average 85 and it's a win, could be a hold until his mid season bye.

Apparently the 10 rolls through for 4 rounds, the 140 for 5 rounds

Yes, but even discounting that, the 140 has a larger impact for next round as far as I understand.

so.... wtf are people with Gibcus and Reid doing ?

especially if, hypothetically speaking, they still have whoever the hell Ethan Thomas is.....

For Reid I traded him for Hore. Can’t really afford no cash gen for a month or two.

In a bit of a pickle. Got both Reid and Dean on my Bench. Can't do any DPP magic to get them to Dempsey who is pretty much the only performing Rookie I don't have.

Can either double down Wines and Grundy to Bonner and Xerri and bank $295k to revisit the issue for next week or do one of those and get Reid or Dean up to Hore. Don't have the cash under either scenario to get up to Massimo.

Reason for Wines is doesn't have the role so might as well cash in and get on a rising mid pricer. I reckon Grundy probably bounces back but hard to ignore the value in the Xerri drop considering I don't think their scoring will differ to much and Grundy has the upcoming bye.

For Jordan Clark owners, if he's a late withdrawal with this calf issue, are we trading him out? if so, to who? there's no-one decent in his price range. I don't rate Yeo or anyone like that. Or do we go down to ambrosio and just pocket the difference in price?

I think I'd hold because I think Dempsey and getting that flog Grundy out of my side are higher priorities.

For Jordan Clark owners, if he's a late withdrawal with this calf issue, are we trading him out? if so, to who? there's no-one decent in his price range. I don't rate Yeo or anyone like that. Or do we go down to ambrosio and just pocket the difference in price?
Eh i dunno tbh, if we have info its only 1 week then im holding.

I think I'd hold because I think Dempsey and getting that flog Grundy out of my side are higher priorities.

It's best 18, so I'd be holding. If it was a normal round, different story. Has Top 6-8 potential for DEFS, off what I saw last week.

I didn't watch the game but seemed to get the marks and kicks of a high half forward rather than a genuine small forward. Anyone care to comment here?

Didn't watch it either just been looking into Dempsey seeing as I missed him and the game

The state league scores are usually a pretty good indicator yet all I've read/heard about him is that expect a low score if he doesn't kick goals

Doesn't seem to be the case in the VFL

I’ve decided I don’t like the cut of Dempsey’s gib, so I’m not picking him.

This was the exact reason I didn’t pick Daicos last year, and that turned out great, so I expect this to turn out just as well.

Enjoy Dempsey’s 120 point, 7 goal haul against the Crows tomorrow night

No you're not - would be a week at most, especially with only 18 scorers

For those (like me) considering jumping on Serong, is it any concern he's only tonned up once in 9 games at Marvel for an average of 73? And almost the exact same average in 3 games at the MCG.
I’d say it’s just one of those weird anomalies. More concerning for me would be that you don’t have 46 disposals, 10 clearances and 6 score involvements without opposition coaches taking note. Surely there’s a fair bit of work put into him this week and future weeks? Even if it’s not a hard tag per se, it’s hard to imagine he won’t have a fair bit more attention. That’s a worry when you’re paying for somebody priced at 113

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back