Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see any obvious moves? 222k in bank.

The only guys I would move on this week are Young, Wines, Fisher or Sexton. Do I get one of Mass/Powell and upgrade to a big dog mid? Or both and carry cash again into next week? Do I need both? All my rookies are earning money. Help...

View attachment 1942668

almost the same team as me.
IMO Young is a trap - boot him while you can.
i had him last year and hes a good player, just in the wrong role... and i just couldnt get rid of him. mostly 80's with the odd 100 here or there.
he doesnt take kick ins, freo's midfield is stacked (serong, bray, fyfe, omera lurking, then you have the young kids like johnson rotating through ). Young is used as a Mr FixIt. hes the one that can go anywhere and plug a hole

The only guys I would move on this week are Young, Wines, Fisher or Sexton. Do I get one of Mass/Powell and upgrade to a big dog mid? Or both and carry cash again into next week? Do I need both? All my rookies are earning money. Help...

View attachment 1942668
Not sure if you should listen to me. Love to have your problems.
I would hold Sext for looping F6.
Wines will make little cash you’d think from here.
Wines to Massimo leaves 370k
Fisher/Young to Powell leaves 430/590k
Next week Sext>Flanders 50/210k

Out Wines/(Fisher/Young)/Sext in Massimo/Powell/Flanders

I have all of these outs plus Newc &Fyfe
Have loads of loop players for rookie bench
Newc & Sext have to go.

View attachment 1942668
Not sure if you should listen to me. Love to have your problems.
I would hold Sext for looping F6.
Wines will make little cash you’d think from here.
Wines to Massimo leaves 370k
Fisher/Young to Powell leaves 430/590k
Next week Sext>Flanders 50/210k

Out Wines/(Fisher/Young)/Sext in Massimo/Powell/Flanders

I have all of these outs plus Newc &Fyfe
Have loads of loop players for rookie bench
Newc & Sext have to go.
Wines > D'Ambrosio is the one that jumps out to me as well. Should make money v will make money and gives you $371k to put on someone's head. I like the F6 looping idea (I'm keeping Sexton myself for this reason) so Lazzaro might be someone you can move? Either down to someone like Gallagher ($429k in the bank for next week) or up to Powell ($112k for next week).

This Whitfield down idea has given me some crazy thoughts. I keep eyeing off Errol Gulden knowing it is a bad, bad idea but knowing he could genuinely pump out 240+ points over the next two weeks and make $25k in the process.

Whitfield > Wanganeen-Milera
Newcombe > Gulden
$225k foe next week; uses available cash but still chasing value; Whitfield has likely maxed out; another R5 bye though; can also go Serong, Merrett, Dawson here

Whitfield > D'Ambrosio
Lazzaro > Gulden (five "premo" mids... looking at you, Newcombe)
$52k; can also go Rozee / Parish here

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Newcombe > Crouch
$78k; does Newcombe > Crouch even out somewhere?

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Newcombe > Powell (via DPP)
$286k; 5 rookie mids :oops:

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Lazzaro > Gallagher
$146k; feels "safe"

I could substitute Gulden for a $1m player in some scenarios and a $950k player in others. I'm reluctant to trade Whitfield just because he is on a bye but putting that cash to use makes sense if I'm on the right player.

Wines > D'Ambrosio is the one that jumps out to me as well. Should make money v will make money and gives you $371k to put on someone's head. I like the F6 looping idea (I'm keeping Sexton myself for this reason) so Lazzaro might be someone you can move? Either down to someone like Gallagher ($429k in the bank for next week) or up to Powell ($112k for next week).
Wines BE 81 Ave 80 High/Low 100/60
Massimo BE 19 Ave 95 0 High/Low 100/50 & frees up 150k

Depends on your structure but Sharp for me
Still only got the two rooks in the middle but pretty light on top end mids (got one coming in this week).

1 Def
2 mid
1 fwd

Sharp does allow me to target another next week but feels like I’m chasing my tail a little bit after starting with too many mid pricers and missing Sharp early as well

This Whitfield down idea has given me some crazy thoughts. I keep eyeing off Errol Gulden knowing it is a bad, bad idea but knowing he could genuinely pump out 240+ points over the next two weeks and make $25k in the process.

Newcombe > Gulden
$225k foe next week; uses available cash but still chasing value; Whitfield has likely maxed out; another R5 bye though; can also go Serong, Merrett, Dawson here

Whitfield > D'Ambrosio

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Newcombe > Crouch

Coffield > D'Ambrosio

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Lazzaro > Gallagher
$146k; feels "safe"

I could substitute Gulden for a $1m player in some scenarios and a $950k player in others. I'm reluctant to trade Whitfield just because he is on a bye but putting that cash to use makes sense if I'm on the right player.
Definitely.
NWM BE/Ave 93/103
Frees up 90k
Whit BE/Ave 103/113
10 points both ways
Both top 8 def
Whit Bye Suns Saints Carlton Bris Sydney Ess. Rd12 bye
NWM Ess Rich GWS Dogs Port North Hawks. Rd 15 bye

Last edited:
Definitely. NWM +100 BE/Ave 93/103
Frees up 90k
Whit BE/Ave 103/113
10 points both ways
Both top 8 def
Whit Bye Suns Saints Carlton Bris Sydney Ess. Rd12 bye
NWM Ess Rich GWS Dogs Port North Hawks. Rd 15 bye
NWM was in my side all week because I love that Saints run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters bye probably makes him the better long term pick.
What can you use the extra 140k cash for asap?
Last years winner (Wise Ocean POD) is preaching make the cash. Seems like a fair thing.
1711682703052.png
(Campbell UTL)

Priorities (and what I could use the 140k for) are
1. Still have Sexton at F6 whilst most are moving him on this week.
2. Still heavy in R5 (5 players) and R6 (4 players, although 2 are rookies) so am wanting to upgrade Jordon and Billings respectively during those byes.

At this stage I'm leaning towards Crouch and the cash over Butters, playing more of a BE game.

Newcombe > Gulden

Whitfield > D'Ambrosio

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Newcombe > Crouch

Coffield > D'Ambrosio

Coffield > D'Ambrosio
Lazzaro > Gallagher
$146k; feels "safe"

Also playing around with Whit out,
It would allow J.J or Fisher to Green next week.

50/50 I reckon. Priced around 93 v priced around 102. Both likely to outscore their price by 7-8 points. I'd probably take NWM and save $90k for next week.
Wishing I took sheezel at this point ☹😬

Does anyone know anything about Caleb Mitchell?
127 in the reserves.
Love child of Caleb Serong and Tom Mitchell.
30 touches, 10 marks, 9 clearances.
Just watch he isn't the sub, and take into account the tough to get into swans side (even with some current mid vacancies)
$200k so definitely a rookie you want if he plays.

127 in the reserves.
Love child of Caleb Serong and Tom Mitchell.
30 touches, 10 marks, 9 clearances.
Just watch he isn't the sub, and take into account the tough to get into swans side (even with some current mid vacancies)
$200k so definitely a rookie you want if he plays.
Wow, I got a spare trade, if that's the case then I'll be trading Clark, has nice DPP too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back