Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Well back to best 22 this week.

No hoping Zilliams, Naicos etc scores won't count.

After my very last second R3 Trades I'm down to 3 rooks on field, Colby, Roberts and Sanders/Sharp depending on match ups.

Thinking of bringing a 4th on either Howes or Reid/Wilson or Sharp as bit of a waste on bench.

Fisher, Sexton, Zilliams and Bonner are all queued behind the cannon. 2 of them about to be fired out of it.

After my very last second R3 Trades I'm down to 3 rooks on field, Colby, Roberts and Sanders/Sharp depending on match ups.

Thinking of bringing a 4th on either Howes or Reid/Wilson or Sharp as bit of a waste on bench.

Fisher, Sexton, Zilliams and Bonner are all queued behind the cannon. 2 of them about to be fired out of it.
I've got a heap more rooks on field to work through, mainly in the forward line.
Just trying to ride out the cash grab and mix with match ups and pray.
Probably add/switch into another in Harvey Thomas and see where that gets me on the other end.

I've got a heap more rooks on field to work through, mainly in the forward line.
Just trying to ride out the cash grab and mix with match ups and pray.
Probably add/switch into another in Harvey Thomas and see where that gets me on the other end.
Yeah I think Sexton to Harvey looks likely and field Wilson or Reid.

Fisher maybe becomes Flanders.

Powell only 15% owned still. Think that has to rise, has the role to be a top 6

He's an awkward price to just bring in. I torched my team to do it but think it was worthwhile as I've culled a dead rookie in the process and he looks good even in first half when he didn't score well he was the nearly man. Very easily could have been a 115-120 yesterday.

Want to get rid of
Grundy - No choice but to go to Xerri, just whether I do it this week or next.
ZWilliams - 500k now, not fit enough. Highly owned and jumping might net some points. Looking at Windy, should be no.2 mid now.
Zreid - Straight swap to Harvey Thomas. Thomas has a bad floor though so not sure whether to go there but does have the 100 in his sysytem
N.Martin - Scoring fine, role is great and high tog, but unsure this role sticks given how inconsistent he is by foot. Lots of calls on Essendon board to put him back to a wing. Ridley back soon

Priority trade ins coming up are Flanders (asap) and Merrett at round 6. Has a great run til his bye.

Can't afford to fix up any more ordinary performers, Powell next week and Ryan the week after will leave me with a 'guns' n rooks team and 7 upgrades to manage. The aim is to have 7 rookies off the ground from rounds 5-12 going into the 3rd phase of the season where it's luxury upgrade time.
Going to have to roll with Amon and Wines until they can be traded out around the mid season byes and upgrade around them until then.
Every time I do a correction from now on puts me a week further back on the upgrade cycle.

He's an awkward price to just bring in. I torched my team to do it but think it was worthwhile as I've culled a dead rookie in the process and he looks good even in first half when he didn't score well he was the nearly man. Very easily could have been a 115-120 yesterday.
If he had the hunger and work ethic of even a Lazarro he'd be a 120 mid.
Seems to float from contest to contest ala prime Angus Brayshaw with natural ability to get the ball.
He was jogging behind a Carlton player who was running for a loose ball near 50 yesterday, almost like he'd just concede them getting the ball. It was a bad look.

One day things won't go his way and he'll throw up a stinker score. I'll make an effort to watch more North games and focus on Powell.
I brought him in for Whitfield (banked cash for Green next week) but I'm not convinced at all he'll be a top 6 fwd after DPP. Scored ok, but lacks hunt when just off the pack. Plodder/jogger almost. Wonder what his top speed is. 15kph?

Sexton & Jordon > Powell & someone
Is Powell a must have at next weeks price. Especially with what it’ll take to get him in. Was gifted a goal in his only good quarter for the match.

If I’m culling multiple mid pricers I’m going straight to the top with the Thomas downgrade

If he had the hunger and work ethic of even a Lazarro he'd be a 120 mid.
Seems to float from contest to contest ala prime Angus Brayshaw with natural ability to get the ball.
He was jogging behind a Carlton player who was running for a loose ball near 50 yesterday, almost like he'd just concede them getting the ball. It was a bad look.

One day things won't go his way and he'll throw up a stinker score. I'll make an effort to watch more North games and focus on Powell.
I brought him in for Whitfield (banked cash for Green next week) but I'm not convinced at all he'll be a top 6 fwd after DPP. Scored ok, but lacks hunt when just off the pack. Plodder/jogger almost. Wonder what his top speed is. 15kph?
This is why I was unsure whether to grab him. Seems to get a lot of the ball for being out of position. His contested possessions are very low for his role but I guess as a forward there’s a bit more leeway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zilliams and Fisher may be the two to get rid of for me. Zilliams probably the higher priority to upgrade as Fish at least is more visible and can get points. Howes can wait until his bye as he definitely has two more weeks of cash gen. Jordon and Grundy have got West Coast next week so they can go big as we’ve seen so far with other teams that have played them.

Other rookies can wait as they are scoring ok and still have money to make.

Could cash out Laz to fund the Zilliams upgrade. Will have to wait and see but can probably push into a defender in the $700s as an upgrade

Williams on my hit list except I’ve got 4 def premiums plus Martin in mids. So really I’ve only got 1 def premium to bring in initially (unless 1 presents at crazy value) so I’ll prob ride Williams until daicos comes in and/or dpp changes.

Windy I guess could present as an option but I think I want to bring in a premium alongside Thomas this week

Stunned when I saw that last night

Just shows taking the “obvious” trade is never that vanilla as not all teams are in a position to do the same move
Will increase approx $57k, up to $640k next week.
Probably a better option than Fisher for those who didn't grab Powell.

We'll all get sucked into Macrae after he gets 34 disposals tomorrow.

Will increase approx $57k, up to $640k next week.
Probably a better option than Fisher for those who didn't grab Powell.

We'll all get sucked into Macrae after he gets 34 disposals tomorrow.
I think the way some people are looking at Macrae it’s like they think his price will have dropped because of not playing. It’s not like he was sub and now presents at a bargain price.

He’s still priced high and now with even less role security because of the fact he’s been overlooked. If he goes big against the eagles of all teams I will still be happy to steer clear

I still got Coffield (inj), Sexton and Zac Williams that have reached their peak price. One trade is already Coffield down to Harvey Thomas for some cash and probably Sexton up to Powell if there's enough money. Kinda boring, because I really wanted to target someone coming off the bye like Flanders or Green, but my team has way too many problems.

Thoughts?

1. Daicos to Harvey Thomas through DPP.
2. Fyfe to Tom Green and 180k left over.

OR

1. Coffield to Harvey Thomas
2. Zac Williams to D'Ambrosio

Got some cash squirreled away so I’ll go with a classic up/down this week.

Lazzaro -> Thomas
Fisher -> Flanders

This will all change when something happens in the remaining 5 games of this round that becomes a higher priority to fix

Thoughts?

1. Daicos to Harvey Thomas through DPP.
2. Fyfe to Tom Green and 180k left over.

OR

1. Coffield to Harvey Thomas
2. Zac Williams to D'Ambrosio
top 3 def with bye to occasional spud/stud
risky mid pricer to top 3 mid and cash

inj spud to occasional spud/stud
risky mid pricer to mid pricer with form

remove the sames - leaves
top3 def with bye to top 3 mid and cash and keep inj spud
inj spud to mid pricer with form and keep top 3 def with bye

Probably comes down to what best suits your r5&6 best 18 mix.
or alternatively toss a coin.

Got some cash squirreled away so I’ll go with a classic up/down this week.

Lazzaro -> Thomas
Fisher -> Flanders

This will all change when something happens in the remaining 5 games of this round that becomes a higher priority to fix
Not bad. Lazzarro didn't score much but he looked much better than his score suggested. He was clean and kicked a nice goal. Should stay in the team for a while.

top 3 def with bye to occasional spud/stud
risky mid pricer to top 3 mid and cash

inj spud to occasional spud/stud
risky mid pricer to mid pricer with form

remove the sames - leaves
top3 def with bye to top 3 mid and cash and keep inj spud
inj spud to mid pricer with form and keep top 3 def with bye

Probably comes down to what best suits your r5&6 best 18 mix.
or alternatively toss a coin.
amazing reply. thanks!

Daicos as a top 3 defender with a bye PLUS the finn tag possibility. Tom Green is a weekly Captain option. Daicos isn't. Thats my justification. Daicos going down in price. Green most likely still going up.

Fyfe was poor, but he still looked better than Zac Williams who constantly stood 5m from his team-mates with the ball failed to spread to call for the ball. lazy/unfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back