Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree there. But the risk is that you end up waiting for him to drop a floor score all season.
If you're after value now, Bont or Dawson seem to be the two that are close to bottomed out. And Butters has shown he's underpriced for what he can score.

Yeah I have Butters and Dawson so maybe it's Bont.

Other option is Dunkley.

Heeney just feels like a missed boat at this stage for me, I just have to suffer through until he drops off, and try to combat him through value plays.

This will be the round that there will be a separation between teams as people go in different directions due to the added DPP and cash cows ready to be culled.

I wanted Dawson from beginning but only wanted 1 player over 1M which at the time was Bont who I didn't have at all last year that frustrated me every week pumping out huge scores while he was out of reach.

The Need to improve my crap FWD takes priority as ATM running with 3 Rookies is unacceptable and will bring in Caldwell who I watch last week against the Crows who I want in my team. I also wanted Macrae but he can wait another week as I can afford him with a Wilson > Macrae and Gallagher > Rookie next week. I will say Adios to Dempsey a regretful trade out who I wish I had started with but gained 125K value and Zilliams losing value the reason it came out that way. I'm running with 5 Rookies and way behind the running for Hilux so I'll get players I want to watch.

Zilliams > Dawson
Dempsey > Caldwell

Agree with all of that. Shiel has had a game back in the VFL already and really has no other role than a Mid. Perkins and Setterfield are not far away and whilst they may get fwd and wing roles, there is more sharing of the CBA's that Merrett said after the last game that he and Parish are happy to reduce in order to give to Durham and Caldwell more of a role in there. Durham probs goes to Naicos when in at a stoppage. Just sounds quite busy tbh. Hobbs was forward too to fill Perkins forward minutes, but he's a mid waiting to get developed too. That said, you could hide behind Caldwell's low BE for a game if needing to do something for a week or two. He tackles beautifully and probably gets the surplus CBA's but might lose some TOG.

Being a Tiges supporter naturally I love Bakes, but you are right, even with TT and Prestia out, Hopper is back already, Graham rolls through there atm, as does Dusty, Dow, Bolton - whilst news of Short being out places pressure on Bakes having a mixed roll so Bakes can very easily throw you a 40-60 just when you don't want it, and a ton is more his ceiling, not his average.

What's your thoughts on Bolton this week? I like his run coming up and feels like more certainty over his role compared to Macrae.

Who are you getting out of Caldwell, Macrae and Baker?

I just cant with Liam Baker.

Interesting trades this week. Round 6 killed me with quite a few low totals which droppped me down to 16k in rankings.

I have 400k itb so I could trade ZWill->Dawson but I think Crouch returns this week which previously has impacted his scoring. So I could choose a Butters/Gulden or Walsh which in turn would allow me to upgrade Fisher to a Caldwell.
Or ZWill->Dawson & Fisher ->Macrae but Dawson and Macrae have the same bye along with Bont & RoMa who are also in my side. So maybe not that trade lol.

I still have Jacko but was thinking holding till I trade for Flanders.

Who are you getting out of Caldwell, Macrae and Baker?

I just cant with Liam Baker.
Macrae IMO .......a few coming back into that ESS midfield, and Parish will pickup and start getting more ball .....plus, has Caldwell ever ave over 80 ?

I'm going Dambrosio to Garcia
I'm trying to decide whether to go Zac Williams to Mcrae OR Zorko ? Both choices feel a bit like walking on thin ice.

I would have gone williams to Walsh but i'm JUST short

I could trade out Jackson this week too but he's locked in to third ruck position so that trade won't be of immediate benefit to the team.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
What's your thoughts on Bolton this week? I like his run coming up and feels like more certainty over his role compared to Macrae.
Think he is great value still, good BE and isn't coached by Bevo!
The Kid Mero Flirt GIF by Desus & Mero

Any good rookies likely to be named this week ?

Feel like I will probably just have to go to McAuliffe if he's named, rather than hoping something else pops up.
Hold off in case of Arie Speedwagon......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae IMO .......a few coming back into that ESS midfield, and Parish will pickup and start getting more ball .....plus, has Caldwell ever ave over 80 ?
Do the last 4 games count?

I picked up Walsh last week and watching him against the Giants reminded me why I dumped his ass last year.

He doesn't mark (2 marks since he came back) and barely tackles (his 13 tackle effort last week was a huge outlier). Walsh pretty much needs 35 touches to ton up which is such a difficult watch as an owner.

Well that changes a lot of trades. Everyone is bringing in a forward now.

Might go with the crowd and bring in Macrae and we can all be Bevo’d together
I mean you don’t REALLY need to trade him…. But if you still have FWD cover just swap him out

I have Gallagher, Campbell, Wilson, Sanders etc all too choose from

I think Ross just decided to tag him in that game. He loves tagging players like De Goey. 28 is a shockingly low score though, which is why I've gone away from bringing in De Goey. His scoring is all over the place. Can score 100+ but also sub-50 when he feels like it.

Yeah I'm thinking that too, it doesn't make sense that a player as good as him is that cheap, but the key word with De Goey is 'volatile'. Now watch him drop a 150 on Anzac Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back