Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If he ever leaves, it will be to the team that offers him the best deal and can satisfy WC in a trade.
Nah, it will be Geelong. He’s a cat fan from a cats family, who grew up in a small country town. It has Geelong written all over it if he ever leaves West Coast.

I attempted a 2025 best 23 (with 5 on the bench if common sense prevails from the AFL) including Battle and Baz.

Couldn't fit Ward, Nash, Blanck, McCabe or D'Ambrosio into the side.

This exercise gave me some real perspective of how Sam and the team have gone about building the list. If the squad stays fit we'll have an embarrassment of riches.
Post it!

Nah, it will be Geelong. He’s a cat fan from a cats family, who grew up in a small country town. It has Geelong written all over it if he ever leaves West Coast.
Players heading to the childhood teams doesn't actually happen all that often. Besides, Geelong would still need to satisfy WC in a trade and given how much campaigners they were over Tim Kelly, I don't see WC doing them any favours. Unless Geelong go full North in the next few years and get an abundance of top 5 picks (or they wait 8/9 years for him to become a UFA).

He grew up in Gippsland, the opposite side of Geelong. I don’t think he’d care (if he moves) which club he plays at as long as it’d be Melbourne. Albeit I don’t see him leaving.
No he didn’t, he grew up in Tongala. It’s about 20 minutes south east of Echuca.

Players heading to the childhood teams doesn't actually happen all that often. Besides, Geelong would still need to satisfy WC in a trade and given how much campaigners they were over Tim Kelly, I don't see WC doing them any favours. Unless Geelong go full North in the next few years and get an abundance of top 5 picks (or they wait 8/9 years for him to become a UFA).
He was a Cats nuffy mate. He seems to be happy at WC and he’s contracted so it’s all a moot point, but if he was to leave and go anywhere I would be it would be Geelong.

If he ever leaves, it will be to the team that offers him the best deal and can satisfy WC in a trade.
Players have to approve the trade. No way West Coast let Reid go the PSD draft. If he is out of contract and wants Geelong he will get there.

I know it's not the thread for it, so happy for it to be deleted. But here you go...

B. Mitchell Frost Impey
HB. Battle Sicily Jiath
C. Weddle Newcombe Amon
HF. Moore Chol Dear
F. Watson Lewis Ginnivan

Foll. Meek Day B.Smith
IC. Worpel Scrimshaw Hardwick Mackenzie MacDonald

I know it's not the thread for it, so happy for it to be deleted. But here you go...

B. Mitchell Frost Impey
HB. Battle Sicily Jiath
C. Weddle Newcombe Amon
HF. Moore Chol Dear
F. Watson Lewis Ginnivan

Foll. Meek Day B.Smith
We don’t really need Battle if fully fit. But when are we fully fit?

We don’t really need Battle if fully fit. But when are we fully fit?
We will when Frosty goes. Battle is also quite likely seen to be an upgrade on Phillips and Blanck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. Mitchell Frost Impey
HB. Battle Sicily Jiath
C. Weddle Newcombe Amon
HF. Moore Chol Dear
F. Watson Lewis Ginnivan

Foll. Meek Day B.Smith
I’d suggest Ward would replace Worpel, and Massimo should find a spot but struggling.

He was a Cats nuffy mate. He seems to be happy at WC and he’s contracted so it’s all a moot point, but if he was to leave and go anywhere I would be it would be Geelong.

Adding to this - if anyone in country Victoria is given the option of moving to the Geelong area or Melbourne, very likely they choose Geelong.

That’s likely why we offered more than anyone else for pick 1, we knew if we didn’t draft him we would never get him.

I’d suggest Ward would replace Worpel, and Massimo should find a spot but struggling.

Long term I may agree, although that midfield would lack the 'blue collar' hard nosed player with Nash and Worpel both missing from it. On balance I'd say one of them has to play.

Cats can tank the whole 2026 season and have 1st pick in PSD. Reid can name his price as well to ensure cats come to party.

Or AFL can come up with a retrospective decision to punish "cats" for some issue ( salary cap??) take away all points from 2026 but they keep draft position.

I wouldn't put it past AFL house.

Cats can tank the whole 2026 season and have 1st pick in PSD. Reid can name his price as well to ensure cats come to party.

Or AFL can come up with a retrospective decision to punish "cats" for some issue ( salary cap??) take away all points from 2026 but they keep draft position.

I wouldn't put it past AFL house.
Punish them for their land deals with players?

Battle can’t play one on one lock down like Frost can. We will still need a Frost replacement if Blanck doesn’t make it.

Agree, Battle is really nothing like Frost as a player. It will be Battle or Phillips in the side IMO. Blanck is the obvious (and only) candidate for the long-term FB position.

At least with the renaissance of Frost we can give Blanck ample time to get his knee right, there's no rush now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back