Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Acquiring Smith & Battle this off-season would be a major boost if they can get it done of course.

The club may look to target 1 or 2 players under 23 struggling for opportunities that can come in and push for a best 22 spot next year

Add Day, Jiath & Grainger-Barras, there’s no reason not to be optimistic about 2025. Forget about this year. lol
I agree, but I am not so sure about DGB as much as I love the guy.

Smith and Battle would help our List, there is no doubt. However, I would not like Roughs job at the moment.

Why do we need another half back flanker? We have a surplus of these as it is now.

Classy kick, good mark. Might free up Amon to return to the wing and / or Hardwick forward. Not sure all our HBFs make the next premiership team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure they are “world beaters”, good players we believe we have albeit, it will take time. I believe we have long term plans (at least 2years) for McCabe and Dear as KPF’s
Exciting to hear about McCabe as a KPF. You would think teams would take advantage of his light frame as a defender for a number of years yet so seems like playing as an athletic forward is much more suited to his body.

James Borlase from Adelaide.

Listed as 192cm but looked bigger when I saw him in Rd 3 Vs Freo. Stood next to Taylor Walker (also 192) but clearly was at least 2cm taller.
Listed as between 96 - 101kgs - and its trained on bulk, not softness.

Only 4 games but he looked very very good in the last 2 games of 2023 - enough to get him rookied.

He's behind Butts and is competing for the CHB spot - seems to be a victim of Nicks inability to settle his side as he was in out in out for first 4 rounds.

He will be behind Murray when he returns I'd have thought.

Only 21,good size,quick and doesn't shirk a contest.

Do you take him on what he has shown to date? Probably not.

I do feel he is worth watching over the season though, as there is upside for sure.

Listed as 192cm but looked bigger when I saw him in Rd 3 Vs Freo. Stood next to Taylor Walker (also 192) but clearly was at least 2cm taller.

Only 4 games but he looked very very good in the last 2 games of 2023 - enough to get him rookied.

He's behind Butts and is competing for the CHB spot - seems to be a victim of Nicks inability to settle his side as he was in out in out for first 4 rounds.

I do feel he is worth watching over the season though, as there is upside for sure.
Thought the fact that he was delisted and re-rookied by the Crows, with no club (even Port) taking him, said a lot.

He is definitely not quick, in fact that is his biggest weakness.
I don't mind him though but his height and lack of speed is probably not something we really want.

That is bat$hit crazy. You have been reading too many David King articles. North got pick 3 for McKay and now their backline is absolutely shite yet you want to trade out our best key forward for a pick in the 20’s ????

If they can play every game they only need to be 70% as good.

Which is what, 1.5 goals a game ?

Why do we need another half back flanker? We have a surplus of these as it is now.
Cumming would arguably slot straight onto hbf and be an upgrade on impey, Massimo etc and allow Amon to go back into midfield. Can also play wing.

He’s a UFA and hard to see giants paying up to keep him (if he wanted to move for $$). Feels a little like the Amon from port situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the fact that he was delisted and re-rookied by the Crows, with no club (even Port) taking him, said a lot.
He's not very good.

Some knee jerk here. The difference between our 0-5 and being 4-1 (effort asside) isn’t 30-40%. It’s closer to 5. A couple of handy pickups, 20-40 more games into the kids and a better attitude bridges that gap quickly.

Any given Sunday
Yep. We have 8 of our best 22 out too, Looks like Carlton are getting hit with injuries now so let’s see how they go.

Cumming would arguably slot straight onto hbf and be an upgrade on impey, Massimo etc and allow Amon to go back into midfield. Can also play wing.

He’s a UFA and hard to see giants paying up to keep him (if he wanted to move for $$). Feels a little like the Amon from port situation.
Massimo ? the guy currently rated as the number 1 wing in the AFL ?

We are not trading Lewis , if anything, the club must find a way to trade in another kpf to help both Lewis and Chol out or draft an 18 year old and just give him as many games as possible while Lewis and Chol are still relatively young.

Yep. We have 8 of our best 22 out too, Looks like Carlton are getting hit with injuries now so let’s see how they go.
They haven’t had a great injury run already.

Lost Silvagni and Docherty for the year. Haven’t had Jack Martin yet. Missed Walsh for the first 5 weeks, Weitering for the first 2.

They have plenty of depth.

Some knee jerk here. The difference between our 0-5 and being 4-1 (effort asside) isn’t 30-40%. It’s closer to 5. A couple of handy pickups, 20-40 more games into the kids and a better attitude bridges that gap quickly.

Any given Sunday
God, if we converted some of our early chances over the year so far things could be so different. Chol x2 last week, Weddle hitting the post and Ginni narrowly missing this past weekend.

Where is this data? Look I love Massimo and he’s been a good pickup but gee whiz if he’s rated the #1 wingman in the comp then that rating data really stinks
He’s rated elite for :

Rebound 50’s
Kicking efficiency
Intercept possessions
Score launches

Having a very good year.

We are not trading Lewis , if anything, the club must find a way to trade in another kpf to help both Lewis and Chol out or draft an 18 year old and just give him as many games as possible while Lewis and Chol are still relatively young.
From what Topiary is saying that could very well end up being McCabe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back