News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Rising Star nominee Colby McKercher will miss Sunday's clash with Essendon, and his availability beyond this week will depend on his symptoms and progress.

The young gun reported foot soreness following the club's match against the Gold Coast Suns in Darwin and scans have confirmed bone stress in his right foot.

Round 9 Rising Star nominee Colby McKercher will miss Sunday's clash with Essendon, and his availability beyond this week will depend on his symptoms and progress.

The young gun reported foot soreness following the club's match against the Gold Coast Suns in Darwin and scans have confirmed bone stress in his right foot.

He just said on 360 he's a chance for next week.
Will be reassessed after taking this weekend off

Waalitj Marawar are hopeful Jeremy McGovern and Jake Waterman will be fit to face Narrm, with Elliot Yeo also listed as a test and a good chance to play, but small forward Noah Long’s season is over after confirmation he will undergo knee surgery.

Yeo (groin) and Waterman (concussion protocol) both missed the loss to Collingwood but are in the mix to return on Sunday for Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

McGovern has made an impressive recovery from a heavy landing against the Magpies which saw him taken to hospital for tests.

“’Gov’ got the heavy knock over the weekend. We removed him from the game as a precaution,” High Performance Manager Mat Inness told westcoasteagles.com.au.

“He’s pulled up really well. He’ll be a test later in the week but hopefully he gets up.

“’Yeoy’ has been training for the last week. He hasn’t had any symptoms since early last week. He’ll be a test later this week also.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Ash and Kelly out, surely it's Josh Fahey time. Killing it in the magoo's. 136k mid.
Been playing wing.
Very skinny but as you said he's been going well.
Gws have amazing depth.
Some very very good footballers in the seconds.

Last edited:
Waalitj Marawar are hopeful Jeremy McGovern and Jake Waterman will be fit to face Narrm, with Elliot Yeo also listed as a test and a good chance to play, but small forward Noah Long’s season is over after confirmation he will undergo knee surgery.

Yeo (groin) and Waterman (concussion protocol) both missed the loss to Collingwood but are in the mix to return on Sunday for Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

McGovern has made an impressive recovery from a heavy landing against the Magpies which saw him taken to hospital for tests.

“’Gov’ got the heavy knock over the weekend. We removed him from the game as a precaution,” High Performance Manager Mat Inness told westcoasteagles.com.au.

“He’s pulled up really well. He’ll be a test later in the week but hopefully he gets up.

“’Yeoy’ has been training for the last week. He hasn’t had any symptoms since early last week. He’ll be a test later this week also.”
I'm half interested in waterman post bye

Been playing wing.
Very skinny but as you said he's been going well.
Gws have amazing depth.
Some very very good footballers in the seconds.
Yet his stats scream HBF. 36, 22 and 39 last 3 games. Huge numbers for a wing. Agree though, when he debuted he did look like a strong gust of wind would end him.

Yet his stats scream HBF. 36, 22 and 39 last 3 games. Huge numbers for a wing. Agree though, when he debuted he did look like a strong gust of wind would end him.
If he debuts this week he's perfect.
Plays 10 and 11 then the bye
Bubble round 13.

I wonder how many people will have burned 3/4 trades on this guy.

Good news for Sheezel at least
mean girls raise hand GIF

Can I be the guy that wins a prize because I'm the lucky 10,000th supercoach flog this season to mention they're glad it's Best 18 this week on a week when it's not Best 18?
I want the prize to be an extra 5 trades and a bonus boost. Nothing less accepted.
Cheers. Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back