Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, we are running on fumes.

Our fill-ins have been great but it feels like we’re very close to a tipping point.

Hopefully we can find a way to get the win against Freo coz the following two against WB and Dees look like Mission Impossible as things currently stand. And with the ladder so tight, a couple of losses could see us really slide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The issue is very serious and concerning.
However, I am over the commentators overreacting every time some hits their head.

giphy.gif

Why are we the only side that has players skipping multiple weeks with concussion while other club’s players are one week

We’re not. We are following the AFL protocols of 12 days, which could - depending on the fixture which seems even crazier this year - mean missing two games. Or the player still has some symptoms, which I understand is the whole point of being in the protocols. Or the player has a concussion history of concern, which encourages us to err on the side of caution.

We’re not. We are following the AFL protocols of 12 days, which could - depending on the fixture which seems even crazier this year - mean missing two games. Or the player still has some symptoms, which I understand is the whole point of being in the protocols. Or the player has a concussion history of concern, which encourages us to err on the side of caution.

The fun bit about the protocol is that whilst 12 is the number, it actually allows for a return to play on the twelfth day. Somebody got a bit biblical when writing that one.

So it’s actually an 11 day break.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fun bit about the protocol is that whilst 12 is the number, it actually allows for a return to play on the twelfth day. Somebody got a bit biblical when writing that one.

And on the twelfth day thou shalt return to the field of play (unless you can’t ☹️)

Actually in biblical terms we’d say they can come back on the 13th day. Jesus was available Sunday morning. That’s patently a one day break. His supporters (like Pies supporters) prefer it to seem longer than it is and added 2.

I don’t wanna say I told you so about De Goey…

But I couldn’t understand why we were playing him. It simply felt too soon.

How we went from “this could actually be OP” to “oh he’s right to play” a week later is beyond me

Of COURSE he had groin awareness lol

How about we don’t take the risk with him now as he’s too important and we just roll the dice and try win without him until the bye
Probably because it won us the game

Actually in biblical terms we’d say they can come back on the 13th day. Jesus was available Sunday morning. That’s patently a one day break. His supporters (like Pies supporters) prefer it to seem longer than it is and added 2.
Whats the necessary protocol time wise in returning from a crucifixion? 1 day seems a quick turnaround

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we gave DeGoey a couple of weeks rest, and then brought him back into the side. Now with the groin injury flaring up again, you'd think the lay-off would be longer this time around....

Probably because it won us the game

Like, I get it. You're like jmac and the others who like to pick because of the poster

But I can't tell if you're joking or not

So you're suggesting that we picked De Goey and risked further injury because...we knew he'd kick the winning goal in the game?

Like, I get it. You're like jmac and the others who like to pick because of the poster

But I can't tell if you're joking or not

So you're suggesting that we picked De Goey and risked further injury because...we knew he'd kick the winning goal in the game?
Are you serious? It is obvious that we picked him to get the best chance at winning.

Are you serious? It is obvious that we picked him to get the best chance at winning.

Well why else would you risk an injury to a player?

Not sure it changes my point much. I said I was concerned about bringing him back too soon and it seems my gut was on point on this occasion.

Not only did he feel "groin awareness" after the game, it seems he has an abdominal strain.

I just thought given our constant talk of system/process, next man in etc etc, I thought we would have backed our system to get over the line without him. Particularly given we beat Carlton and West Coast without him.

Not sure it changes my point much. I said IW as concerned about bringing him back too soon and it seems my gut was on point on this occasion.

Not only did he feel "groin awareness" after the game, it seems he has an abdominal strain.

I just thought given our constant talk of system/process, next man in etc etc, I thought we would have backed our system to get over the line without him. Particularly given we beat Carlton and West Coast without him.
Or, here's an idea - they thought he'd get through it fine

Or, here's an idea - they thought he'd get through it fine

Totally possible

But given the way they were talking in the lead up, I'm more inclined to think they took what they thought was a calculated risk.

Only a week or so earlier they were talking like it could be more serious/long term and then suddenly he was being selected.

So yeah, I'm of the view they took a calculated risk which hasn't paid off.

Hopefully this time they leave him out until he's actually 100%

Not sure it changes my point much. I said I was concerned about bringing him back too soon and it seems my gut was on point on this occasion.

It’s probably a recurrence of the same injury, but they’re labelling it as abdominal to distinguish it from OP. Maybe he has the beginnings of a sports hernia. Either way, not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back