Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

We should be alright this week, but after the first quarter when Kreuger is taken out in a hearse, we’re really going to struggle for forward options.

Even in death Kreuger will find a way.

Season 2 Lol GIF by The Lonely Island

Last night on First Crack the boys gave their predictions on our expected ladder position at end of home & away rounds
Anthony Hudson 3rd
David King 2nd
Leigh Montagna 3rd

Be interesting if they reassess given latest injury news …..

Last night on First Crack the boys gave their predictions on our expected ladder position at end of home & away rounds
Anthony Hudson 3rd
David King 2nd
Leigh Montagna 3rd

We'd be top 4 easily if it weren't for 15 people being injured. It's really frustrating. At least we won last year.

Anthony Hudson 3rd
David King 2nd
Leigh Montagna 3rd

We just keep getting wins (or draws). The Freo draw was quite the feat really. Tainted by the fact we gave up a 25 point lead. But gallant effort to be so competitive for most of the game. Three games straight with reduced rotations too.

We'd be top 4 easily if it weren't for 15 people being injured. It's really frustrating. At least we won last year.
We didn’t have injuries first few rounds. Just missing McStay.
Since then, we’ve not lost a game. Just drawn two which you could see as equals one win one loss now. So really, ladder position was due to our first three, no injury rounds. If we got the extra two points against Freo, we’d be 4th, despite injuries.

Anthony Hudson 3rd
David King 2nd
Leigh Montagna 3rd

We didn't think Cox & Checkers would be playing this week anyway. Richards is really only the one which surprised us.

I think after we get over the shock of how long our injury list is, and focus on who is coming back & when..it's not quite as dire as first appears.

We didn't think Cox & Checkers would be playing this week anyway. Richards is really only the one which surprised us.

I think after we get over the shock of how long our injury list is, and focus on who is coming back & when..it's not quite as dire as first appears.
Exactly. Focus on the 23 we have this week and get the result. We still have Nick, Josh, Pendles, Steele and alot of quality

Jordan for me was the most disappointing. He had a great pre season but now can't get on the field because of injuries. Plus he's our second best player behind Nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan for me was the most disappointing. He had a great pre season but no can't get on the field because of injuries. Plus he's our second best player behind Nick.
Well yeah, but I really didn't want him playing on that horrid Marvel ground even if he made a miraculous recovery this week.

Put it this way, he'll be raring to go by the time he comes back & we have been able to win/draw without him.

Our season is really playing out in blocks.
We had the first month to navigate with the short turnarounds in games.

Then the next 4-5 days to get it back on track.

Now The next 3 games before the bye to really consolidate on where we are at to attack the last third of the season.

If we can win all 3 or 2/3..it will go a long way to then having soldiers coming back after the bye and hopefully the majority of the list in good health again

Last edited:

I think the surprising thing is also the length they are expected to be out.
I heard JDG, Richards, Mihocek about 4 weeks.
Cox 6 weeks.
Hoskin Elliott 2 weeks
Howe?
Elliott?
Mitchell?

The injury list at the moment is diabolical,there’s no doubt about.that.But after hearing Wade’s report it seems that most of the injuries aren’t long term ones.And most of the players should be ready to play after the bye,so that’s something to hang your hat on.We just need to grit our teeth and somehow get through the next two weeks.It’s going to be a tough time for us,to say the least.

I think the surprising thing is also the length they are expected to be out.
I heard JDG, Richards, Mihocek about 4 weeks.
Cox 6 weeks.
Hoskin Elliott 2 weeks
Howe?
Elliott?
Mitchell?
Howe trained fully today. No reason why he won't be selected for Friday.

They'll all be nearly ready after the bye, or soon after. Totally refreshed & raring to go.

We just need to keep winning until then 😆

Positive is we likely get 2 freshies on Wednesday night in the msd.

Awful news. Only silver lining is we have the best coaching group in the game so top 4 is still a possibility. Otherwise you’d have to hope for a home final from 5th or 6th and a smashing end to the year with players coming back ripe for September.

Now amidst the shit sandwich I was surprised to read that McStay is going back to ‘match play’ training after the bye. If that means match simulation that is amazing news and sounds like the best rehab we could have hoped for.

Depth is being sorely tested, but it's been shown over the last few weeks that the ability to stand up and stand firm in tough circumstances is there in spades. Get to the bye, then hopefully start getting players back again and renew the push for top 4, and then almost anything can happen.

Going by round 12 injury update:

Round 12 v WB at Docklands
  • Bytel expected back from concussion (if gets through training)
  • Howe is expected back (if gets through training)

Round 13 v Melb (King’s Birthday) at MCG
  • Reef? (back from concussion?)
  • Earliest Elliott will be back
  • Earliest Eyre will be available
  • Earliest Mitchell will be back
  • WHE expected to be back

Round 14 v North at Docklands
  • Earliest Mihocek back

Round 15 Bye

Round 16 v Suns on the Gold Coast
  • Earliest JDG due back
  • Earliest Richards back
  • McStay starts contact training

Round 17 v Essendon at MCG
* Earliest Mason Cox due back

Round 18 v Geelong at MCG
* Earliest Steene is expected back

Round 19 v Hawks at MCG

Round 20 v Richmond at MCG

Round 21 v Carlton at MCG

Round 22 v Sydney at SCG

Round 23 v Lions at MCG

Round 24 v Melbourne at MCG

Season
* Begg
Thanks for plotting this out 76w - very helpful to see.

I'd say they will leave Mihocek out until after the bye. Also, it looks like it is time for Kreugs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back