Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane's going to bang on about the Darcy contract for the next 6 years.

He hates long contracts so whenever Darcy goes down it will be a told you so moment for Kane.
This is the aspect that’s really going to s**t me - 1st injury since signing and kanes been all over it.(along with a few other minions who’ve parroted the same rubbish

We’re basically going to have to hear the preaching like a broken record every time Darcy gets injured ,which unfortunately is always at least a couple a times year

This is the aspect that’s really going to s**t me - 1st injury since signing and kanes been all over it.(along with a few other minions who’ve parroted the same rubbish

We’re basically going to have to hear the preaching like a broken record every time Darcy gets injured ,which unfortunately is always at least a couple a times year
Your second paragraph is exactly why Kane has a point - Darcy has a history of missing games, so a long contract on big money is a big risk (or quite possibly not real smart).

It kind of depends on what sort of money he is on, and generally the media has a pretty good idea.

Your second paragraph is exactly why Kane has a point - Darcy has a history of missing games, so a long contract on big money is a big risk (or quite possibly not real smart).

It kind of depends on what sort of money he is on, and generally the media has a pretty good idea.

Since Sandi has retired, Darcy has played 72 out of the possible 86 games. That’s over a 4 year period. Even that’s heavily affected by ‘23 which was his worst year for injury, missing 8 games. Gawn and English have missed a similar amount over that time.

I don’t mind those that didn’t like the long contract before this injury but I don’t really see how a 4 week injury should be too worrying.

Been told if all goes well, swaggy will be 3 games missed.

That’s great.

The issue for mine is this is a common occurrence. Is he carrying too much weight? We have him locked away for years..shall we get a little stricter with his diet?

Not having a go but I’m fairly sure dropping maybe 10kegs will lighten the load.

That’s great.

The issue for mine is this is a common occurrence. Is he carrying too much weight? We have him locked away for years..shall we get a little stricter with his diet?

Not having a go but I’m fairly sure dropping maybe 10kegs will lighten the load.
He has dropped weight over the off-season. Looked in decent shape. Big men will always have these issues.

The issue for mine is this is a common occurrence.

I don't believe it is, but I agree that he could be in better shape.

He played these game totals so far:
2017 = 22 (14 WAFL, 8 AFL)
2018 = 11 (4 WAFL, 7 AFL)
2019 = 16 (5 WAFL, 11 AFL)
2020 = 15 (missed 2 AFL games)
2021 = 21 (missed round one)
2022 = 21 (missed round 1, 3, 7)
2023 = 15 (missed round 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

Aside from last year...

That’s great.

For comparison sake Max Gawn has played a full season 5 times out of 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe it is, but I agree that he could be in better shape.

He played these game totals so far:
2017 = 22 (14 WAFL, 8 AFL)
2018 = 11 (4 WAFL, 7 AFL)
2019 = 16 (5 WAFL, 11 AFL)
2020 = 15 (missed 2 AFL games)
2021 = 21 (missed round one)
2022 = 21 (missed round 1, 3, 7)
2023 = 15 (missed round 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

Aside from last year...
How many times does he come down holding something. Just feel like he maybe carrying a bit. Lighter torso is better for the legs. Kinda common sense.

What would I know anyhow, took a bif of flack for this effort below lol. How many years did we sign him up for again?

Hey Boys and Girls,
Walker is no good, you all have him in your 22. Final v Collingwood forever ingrained.

Not much change from last year, hard to see where the improvement will come from.
Nat, another year older and regained his pace?

Brodie couldn't get a game but now back in favour?

Young to the midfield could be a huge positive, he is a star, sadly you need 22 top players. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Deckchairs>shuffling>Titanic

How long before the big Teddy Bear Darcy limps off with a twisted knee?

Finish with a positive, Jacko could have a huge year.

Been told differently. PCL ongoing issue and up to 2 months. Knee issue dates back to last season that club were aware of before re-signing. 🙏
I'll take his sauce over yours.

Woo Hoo Tv Show GIF by Happy Place

Over 30 years the best 22 that have had to give up their playing careers due
to injury, health at Freo? We must surely lead the AFL and maybe why we have
had limited success.
Durability definitely helps clubs stay at the top, if you could put all the above
players into one team, it would highlight what an issue it once was.

I heard that he actually did an ACL and it’s his third one but the club just keeps very hush hush about it all
I heard that he actually had his leg amputated and it's his third one but the club just keeps very hush hush about it all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back