Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that you pick a team on how ou rank individuals. I don’t think Aish’s position in the best 22 has ever been under threat. Has he ever played for Peel since coming to us? Don’t think so.
On the other hand his position in the 22 sometimes comes under threat on Bigfooty, along with about that of 30 or so other members of the squad.

If Aish played another game like he did against West Coast his position was very much up for discussion

Not sure that you pick a team on how ou rank individuals. I don’t think Aish’s position in the best 22 has ever been under threat. Has he ever played for Peel since coming to us? Don’t think so.
On the other hand his position in the 22 sometimes comes under threat on Bigfooty, along with about that of 30 or so other members of the squad.

He played WAFL beginning of 2022. We won a few games before he worked his way back in.

So happy Odin’s coming through the concussion thing. I’ve had post-concussion symptoms; made me utterly miserable!

On another note, is Cox going ok?

So happy Odin’s coming through the concussion thing. I’ve had post-concussion symptoms; made me utterly miserable!

On another note, is Cox going ok?

7-8 weeks down from 7-9 last week which puts him around round 14-15 which is about where we thought he would be.

Wasn't he 7-9 the week before last too? His timeline has stayed the same for multiple weeks.
Nah, he was 9-11 (4 weeks ago) and then repeated 9-11 (3 weeks), then he dropped to 7-9 and now 7-8

So its almost like they forgot to update that 9-11 in between to like an 8-10 or a 10-11

Nah, he was 9-11 (4 weeks ago) and then repeated 9-11 (3 weeks), then he dropped to 7-9 and now 7-8

So its almost like they forgot to update that 9-11 in between to like an 8-10 or a 10-11
The freo pessimist in me always looks at the worst case scenario, so 11,11,9,8 in the last 4 weeks. Think you’re right and they missed the 10 week update.

The freo pessimist in me always looks at the worst case scenario, so 11,11,9,8 in the last 4 weeks. Think you’re right and they missed the 10 week update.
Original update 6 weeks ago was 12-14.

So it’s come down by 5-6 weeks in 6 weeks.

Hopefully the 7-8 weeks is ready for senior selection, though I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bit misleading as it is across the entire list, not a best 23 or similar.
Yeah I was wondering why it was so high. If you want to include McDonald, it's still really only half that as a more accurate rep. I assume it's including Corbett and Kuek which is beyond irrelevant

Yeah I was wondering why it was so high. If you want to include McDonald, it's still really only half that as a more accurate rep. I assume it's including Corbett and Kuek which is beyond irrelevant
Yeah, games missed by nominal best 26 players would be much better indicator. Carlton probably struggling the most, we’ve lost a few with cox, Rick, switta, amiss, Chapman, Darcy, maybe count McDonald too?

From the limited vision and photos put out by the club its looks like Amiss, Switta, and more surprising Draper are all ready to go. Must admit I was not expecting Draper to be in sprinting and tackling exercises, he looks good.

Yeah, games missed by nominal best 26 players would be much better indicator. Carlton probably struggling the most, we’ve lost a few with cox, Rick, switta, amiss, Chapman, Darcy, maybe count McDonald too?
I reckon Richmond would have something to say there.

Agree those stats are very misleading, best 22ish is best but then it becomes subjective.

The first rung is key players, which would roughly be your top 10
Second is best 22ish, as in who would be first picked on the park
Last I'd suggest would be specific roles, you could only lose 2-3 players but if it's in a specific role or one you have poor depth it can create bigger issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back