Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise how filthy it sounded until right now.

Adductors, instead of saying groin
Too Late You Missed Out GIF by Cloie Wyatt Taylor

I didn't realise how filthy it sounded until right now.

Adductors, instead of saying groin

I am still trying to understand how this sounded filthy, but maybe I am just too dense when it comes to such things or the mental sense of lower back problems are just too awful/painful to conjure up dirty imagery?

I am still trying to understand how this sounded filthy, but maybe I am just too dense when it comes to such things or the mental sense of lower back problems are just too awful/painful to conjure up dirty imagery?
You got to got back to the previous post to this one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note, what’s up with Darcy? He almost looked like he was playing with a walking boot on, he had so much strapping around that calf/knee. Haven’t seen that much… stuff around a player’s limb outside of NFL where they were actual braces while playing

Its crazy how some severe and wacky injuries to fringe players like Aiden and Nathan O'Driscoll don't get media headlines or even reported properly by the club's they play for.

Both those boys aren't going through the run of the mill injuries you'd expect as an AFL player - it makes me wonder how much similar stuff clubs keep under wraps.

Its crazy how some severe and wacky injuries to fringe players like Aiden and Nathan O'Driscoll don't get media headlines or even reported properly by the club's they play for.

Both those boys aren't going through the run of the mill injuries you'd expect as an AFL player - it makes me wonder how much similar stuff clubs keep under wraps.

What is happening with NOD that we aren't being told? I figured there must be something as it has taken a long time.

What is happening with NOD that we aren't being told? I figured there must be something as it has taken a long time.
The severity of both their injuries are being underreported. A quick google search and I can only find the following AFL players who have had blood clots:

• James Hird - missed 5 games
  • Troy Simmonds - 4 games in 2008 and the recurred in 2009 where he missed the rest of the season
  • Shane Mumford - 4 weeks
  • Colin Sylvia - 3 weeks
  • Tom De Koning - seemingly the only one without time missed on this list however it happened in early February
  • Keegan Brooksby - season ending
  • Sam Martyn - season ending
  • Tom Rockliff - career ending
  • Daniel Wells - career ending

Doesn't paint a pretty picture. I'm well aware the majority of the serious ones are for players who have had issues with clots in their lungs but nonetheless it's incredibly odd for an elite athlete to develop a blood clot in their joint without an apparent injury to cause it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back