• McDonald

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 120 64.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think they’re referring to salary cap pressure, would you lose Brayshaw to pay Warner 1.2 mil?
Exactly, you will lose someone.
We had the chance to take him but went Henry.
Better to find the next Warner. Another WA player that slides.
Let’s see what transpires at the championships before we are all in.
The same policy that netted us Johnson by being patient.
Chasing rainbows or unicorns doesn’t always pay dividends, especially if the
management is poor.

Someone needs to head over the the main board and set up a thread on Warner on the trade speculation board.

If nothing else to wind the swans fans up.
I’d be fascinated to get neutral fans opinion on his trade value.

Not many players of that level are traded. Cameron probably the last proven A grade gun to be traded.
Jackson on potential is in the conversation.

For all the hype of SEN and trade radio, most of the players moving in trade week over recent years are role players

Exactly, you will lose someone.
We had the chance to take him but went Henry.
Better to find the next Warner. Another WA player that slides.
Let’s see what transpires at the championships before we are all in.
The same policy that netted us Johnson by being patient.
Chasing rainbows or unicorns doesn’t always pay dividends, especially if the
management is poor.
you're right it doesn't, but how long does Freo be the casual observer, the club that looks on while other clubs make bold moves and plays..?! Geelong doesn't muck about getting Danger and Cameron. Gets a bit tiresome.

Sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone/s. You need ruthless ambition and aggression to make it to the top, at the end of this season we have 3 first rounders, a 2nd rounder (many years we have traded away our 2nd..) and even a future first. We have leverage and I think we need to exploit that, and at least be sounding out Warner and management. We're close but I reckon there's still a few pieces of the puzzle missing; Warner would be one of them.....

Personally, I don't reckon we do it, but that's what the club should be gunning for. High risk, high reward - but we're soft. We'll see.....

In what future do we even have a chance to get him?
Guy could be a Brownlow, or Norm Smith medalist.
No way we could keep what we want and pay him, we are not Carlton 😜
I think it’s possible if it’s true he wants to return to WA.
If there’s a chance at all a talent like Warner could be persuaded to request a trade to freo you just have to do it. No question about it - find a way to make it happen.

We should be making a play for Warner this year while we have more draft currency than the Eagles. Next year might be too late if they look like they have improved on field.
Yep. All in on the swans for the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think they’re referring to salary cap pressure, would you lose Brayshaw to pay Warner 1.2 mil?

I would gut the list and keep Brayshaw.
Guys like Omeara and Brodie would be traded or delisted and draftees taken.
Walters gone. Anyone taking up above average salary that we don’t use or even middling players.
Other players would be asked to restructure

Winder - Don’t mind the option as a ‘free’ swing mid season draft.

Baker - Yes.

Zurharr - 50/50. Hard to judge on North form, but when they play half decent he often features. Could see him making an impact.

Warner, Bolton, McDonald and others: hold comments. Seems pie in the sky stuff.

I’m 50/50 on trimming fat and rewarding guys for putting in. Banfield deserves a contract 2-3 years BUT if his dollars and position are replaced by a Zurharr, Baker or cheaper Simpson then I’d understand.

Obviously we can cut others before Banfield. Just using him as an example of where it can be difficult.

Winder - Don’t mind the option as a ‘free’ swing mid season draft.

Baker - Yes.

Zurharr - 50/50. Hard to judge on North form, but when they play half decent he often features. Could see him making an impact.

Warner, Bolton, McDonald and others: hold comments. Seems pie in the sky stuff.

I’m 50/50 on trimming fat and rewarding guys for putting in. Banfield deserves a contract 2-3 years BUT if his dollars and position are replaced by a Zurharr, Baker or cheaper Simpson then I’d understand.

Obviously we can cut others before Banfield. Just using him as an example of where it can be difficult.
Does Banfield deserve two or three years? If he doesn't play up the ground, he isn't much use. Will he be first choice wing or forward in a couple of years?

How did Warner not cross our radar in 2019?

Pick 39 and played for East Freo ffs, he should already be on our list

Henry cost us a shot there

We really wasted that pick

How. Many. Times.

Henry did not cost us Warner.

After trading up to get young and serong, our next pick was junk.

Had we not matched for Henry, we would have had to somehow have traded back in, with virtually no currency.

We were keen on Warner, no doubt. But at the time, it was either a highly rated academy prospect, that we could get with junk, or a long shot prospect in Warner (which he was at the time).

How. Many. Times.

Henry did not cost us Warner.

After trading up to get young and serong, our next pick was junk.

Had we not matched for Henry, we would have had to somehow have traded back in, with virtually no currency.

We were keen on Warner, no doubt. But at the time, it was either a highly rated academy prospect, that we could get with junk, or a long shot prospect in Warner (which he was at the time).

We gutted out future first round pick in the trade with Port.
I get what you’re saying though. Choices were made.

Everyone missed on Chad Warner, even Sydney passed on him 3 times for players that aren't even on their list anymore (Dylan Stevens, Will Gould, Elijah Taylor)

Does Banfield deserve two or three years? If he doesn't play up the ground, he isn't much use. Will he be first choice wing or forward in a couple of years?

Well he’s best 22 for sometime now. I’d say he deserves 2 with a trigger. That doesn’t mean he’ll be best 22 in 2026.

If AFL lists were like fantasy football then I’d rule a line and under it I’d have many names:

Banfield, JOM, Taberner, Hughes, Brodie to name a few.

Sadly, the reality is some of those are contracted and others will receive extensions.

Back