Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Millsy. Might be a finals smoky at this rate. The next Mitch Morton perhaps?

Sam Reid injured himself during rehab. The Sam Reidiest thing you could do.

I hope he manages to play at least a couple of A-grade games this year.

LukeParkerno1 might just get his wish for a MSD pick

afl.com.au revised injury summary:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Harry ArnoldBack6-7 weeks
Indhi KirkConcussion1 week
Callum MillsShoulder/calf10 weeks
Sam ReidQuad/footTBC
Corey WarnerAnkle3 weeks

Nah, in the video they say the calf injury means it delays the start of contact training on his shoulder. So the 7-8wk return becomes 10

But why was it still 7-8 weeks when we are 7 weeks in to the season? It went from mid season to late-mid season to now basically the last month before finals. If we’re lucky.

Thankfully we are traveling fine without him but he’d be a really nice addition to a team going in to a finals campaign as one of the flag favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put a line through Mills’ season.
Yep!
If we make finals without him, then an underdone player without the benefit of a season full of match fitness will add nothing we haven’t already had.
Maybe win the flag without him.
Best lesson yet for regular post season stupidity from our Captain.

Love Sam but actually, I hope he doesn’t.
Our fortunes are linked to the 3 young amigos upfront and if Sam replaces one of them, it means they are out of form or injurred. Neither situation is good for our flag opportunity.

But why was it still 7-8 weeks when we are 7 weeks in to the season? It went from mid season to late-mid season to now basically the last month before finals. If we’re lucky.

Thankfully we are traveling fine without him but he’d be a really nice addition to a team going in to a finals campaign as one of the flag favourites.

Typical swans injury management smoke and shadows behind the windows.

The whole club in general takes the corporate approach to saying a lot without saying much at all way too seriously. They'd make a great team to spearhead the next pandemic.

The previous timeline would’ve had him back first or second game after the bye.

New timeline would have him back at the start of July, which is the last 2 months of the season

The previous timeline would’ve had him back first or second game after the bye.

New timeline would have him back at the start of July, which is the last 2 months of the season

I’d say that’s very optimistic but I certainly hope you’re right. We are traveling well but he could really raise that level even higher and we are sure to cop more injuries.

I’d say that’s very optimistic but I certainly hope you’re right. We are traveling well but he could really raise that level even higher and we are sure to cop more injuries.

Look I don’t really expect him to be back playing senior footy as soon as he is ‘available’, I’m just saying the stated timelines have been relatively consistent

Look I don’t really expect him to be back playing senior footy as soon as he is ‘available’, I’m just saying the stated timelines have been relatively consistent
After almost 12 months of no footy, I certainly hope they give him a couple of games in the ressies to get some touch. We're going well and hopefully still are by the time he's ready and I don't want to drop a form player for someone who hasn't played in 12 months even if they are the captain.

Shout out to our club physios, performance staff and trainers and doctors. Currently our list is in overall rude good health. To just have two players out with long term injury and potentially every other player available for selection next game is simply outstanding. No doubt there is some luck but they've clearly done a lot right. Recruiting Rob Inness and Damien Raper a few years back seems to have worked out really well. Props.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back