List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

We have offered him a contract, I get that the pick won't be great, but Dow and Fisher for Hollands?

I get that we will save some cap space as well, but apparently yesterday we had enough to chase Smith?

From what I know, we are managing our cap well, but not enough to target players at 600K+

Who said we were paying someone $600k plus next year? Stop lying to suit an agenda. It's pathetic

Dow will go to St Kilda on a 3 year deal

Possible for Pick 31 and we give pick 39 (received for Fisher) back

We want solid some picks this year
Not disputing what you have been told but why go through the charade of meeting with Sydney when he gets back from Japan later this week (according to Twomey/Beveridge today) if it’s got as far as what picks are exchanged. Is it just in case he chooses st.Kilda?

Not disputing what you have been told but why go through the charade of meeting with Sydney when he gets back from Japan later this week (according to Twomey/Beveridge today) if it’s got as far as what picks are exchanged. Is it just in case he chooses st.Kilda?

He's in Japan with Walsh and another player.

Not sure what picks will happen. What I mentioned was what some mentioned "Might" happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soap, you were going on that we could add Smith, Gresham and Hollands

But let's pull it back to just Smith, how much do you think he is on?

Not going round and round with your crap but who said it needs to be paid in ONE year?? Plus I'm told we could handle a new contract of around $700k next year if needed

If we got Smith (we won't) he could easily get paid $500k next year and much the years after

Not that hard when you think about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going round and round with your crap but who said it needs to be paid in ONE year?? Plus I'm told we could handle a new contract of around $700k next year if needed

If we got Smith (we won't) he could easily get paid $500k next year and much the years after

Not that hard when you think about it

So now you are saying Smith will agree to a pay cut? Please

Of course we won't get Smith, we were never a genuine contender if he was leaving

Last edited:
We'd get Hollands :oops:
But Fisher should be worth more than enough to get Hollands.
A 3 way trade where we get Hollands, North get Fisher and Suns get a pick would have us feeling a little light on. Fine, but probably short-changed a bit.

To then get nothing for Dow would be wasteful. We'd be better off trying to trade one of our 4ths up to the Saints' 3rd. And even that wouldn't be much of a deal for us.

But Fisher should be worth more than enough to get Hollands.
A 3 way trade where we get Hollands, North get Fisher and Suns get a pick would have us feeling a little light on. Fine, but probably short-changed a bit.

To then get nothing for Dow would be wasteful. We'd be better off trying to trade one of our 4ths up to the Saints' 3rd. And even that wouldn't be much of a deal for us.

Tell the club

For perspective re Dow possible trade. Here are some trades from last year

Bobby Hill and Pick 40. GWS gets Pick 43
Carlton gets Blake Acres. Fremantle receives a future third-round pick. (Pick 55)
Gold Coast gets Ben Long and the Saints’ future fourth-round pick. St Kilda gets Pick 32.
GWS Giants get Toby Bedford. Melbourne gets Pick 44
Essendon gets Will Setterfield and Pick 68. Carlton gets the Bombers’ future fourth-round pick.
Melbourne gets Brodie Grundy. Collingwood gets Pick 27.
Collingwood gets Billy Frampton. Adelaide gets the Magpies’ future third-round pick.
Essendon gets Sam Weideman and Picks 57 and 72. Melbourne gets Pick 37.
Melbourne gets Lachie Hunter. The Western Bulldogs get the Demons’ future third-round pick.

Bloody Hard to get Picks under 35 for players that aren't best 22 these days. I want Dow to stay but I can't see us getting much for him

So now your saying Smith will agree to a pay cut? Please

Of course we won't get Smith, we were never a genuine contender if he was leaving
I can see why Soap left.....😧

For perspective re Dow possible trade. Here are some trades from last year

Bobby Hill and Pick 40. GWS gets Pick 43
Carlton gets Blake Acres. Fremantle receives a future third-round pick. (Pick 55)
Gold Coast gets Ben Long and the Saints’ future fourth-round pick. St Kilda gets Pick 32.
GWS Giants get Toby Bedford. Melbourne gets Pick 44
Essendon gets Will Setterfield and Pick 68. Carlton gets the Bombers’ future fourth-round pick.
Melbourne gets Brodie Grundy. Collingwood gets Pick 27.
Collingwood gets Billy Frampton. Adelaide gets the Magpies’ future third-round pick.
Melbourne gets t

Tell the club
Do you suspect our salary cap is an issue right now despite what you've heard? Would make sense if we're wanting to offload a contracted Fisher?

Do you suspect our salary cap is an issue right now despite what you've heard? Would make sense if we're wanting to offload a contracted Fisher?

No I don't. It's okay for next year if we need to bring a good player in and is in a great spot for end of 2024. That is what Cook told a sponsors gathering several weeks ago

It's been his focus

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

Paddy Dow —> Future 3rd + Future 4th (St Kilda)

Zac Fisher —> Pick 40 + Future 3rd (North)

Future 2nd —> Elijah Hollands + Future 4th (Gold Coast)

Don't think SOAP ever said it will definately happen. This is the list management forum after all. People should be allowed to express their views. We all love the club and want our momentum to continue next season and beyond.

Yep. I actually said possible. I am happy for different opinions but when people LIE about what i said to suit an agenda it shits me. Pathetic really. Time for another long break. See ya

Fisher is worth a late 2nd - side benefit we get rid of some salary
Dow is worth a late 3rd/early 4th - he is uncontracted

If the roles were reversed we would not be wanting to pay much more. If we end up with more than what was stated it's a bonus imo.
Would have Dow slightly ahead of what you suggest. Fisher about right. What's missing is valuation on Hollands. Here's mine:

Fisher - 30-40
Dow - 35-45
Hollands - 35-45.

Fisher+Dow = Hollands + pick ~35-40. Give or take.

May well pan out as Soapy suggests, but I'd still maintain that's a poor result. Not an Acres-level poor deal, just disappointing.

What I don't get is why some posters are valuing Hollands way above Fisher/Dow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back