List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the players available realistically as free agents or out of contract Florent might be 10 -12 on your list but he's certainly not on mine. Smith cooked, Milera likely cooked..
I mean that he's the tenth or twelfth best player on a club's list.

Add him to our side, and we're maybe 15th instead of 16th. Or maybe we're still 16th - but he doesn't change things.

I mean that he's the tenth or twelfth best player on a club's list.

Add him to our side, and we're maybe 15th instead of 16th. Or maybe we're still 16th - but he doesn't change things.
That’s if we just stop at him. We clearly need as many good players as we can get. He’s not going to cost a fortune, we will just have to pay a bit overs but who cares?

We should be targetting any decent free agent we can. We aren’t going to get them all, we will be lucky to get one, 2 we’d be wetting our pants.

Our rebuild has lacked free agents, we’ve had to give up good currency to recruit players.

not sold on him at all tbh. Hope we don't throw big coin at him. He can come home for a standard wage as a FA;
But on big coin? no.
Giving up draft capital? no
...I just don't get the hype.

Maybe i haven't watched him closely enough
I'm with you on this one, he's a serviceable player but nothing special

That’s if we just stop at him. We clearly need as many good players as we can get. He’s not going to cost a fortune, we will just have to pay a bit overs but who cares?

We should be targetting any decent free agent we can. We aren’t going to get them all, we will be lucky to get one, 2 we’d be wetting our pants.

Our rebuild has lacked free agents, we’ve had to give up good currency to recruit players.
Look, I don't disagree with that.

Florent if he's part of three or four different pieces were bringing in? Sure.

As the number one target? It wouldn't change much.

Add in our second round picks too

Makes for a delightful reading

We all know the players we have drafted in the last seven years; this team is an alternative. It isn't anywhere near the best team we could have selected from picks after ours, it's just a team from SA born or SA based players drafted by other clubs. It doesn't include Rozee because we didn't have that pick - but maybe we should have made sure we did.

B: Callum Wilkie Charlie Ballard Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

HB: Wanganeen-Milera Brayden Cox Matt Roberts

C: Michael Fredericks Will Day Tom Sparrow

HF: Kyaiah Pickett Will Hayward Mattaes Phillipou

F: Zac Bailey Harrison Petty Beau McCreery

R: Jordon Sweet Tom Powell Jack Graham

R: Jacob Wehr, Kade Chandler, Harry Barnett, Brad Close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That I agree. It’s quite depressing that we are year 5 into a rebuild and we have so many holes to fill
I think some holes are easier to fill than others.

I'm just not sure that there isn't something deep in the soul of an SA team that will always stop it from being ruthless enough to succeed. Will we always be too conservative?

And on the flip side - how long should a successful rebuild be? Is five years long enough? Are we trying to bounce back, and we should still be building up?

I'm just not sure that there isn't something deep in the soul of an SA team that will always stop it from being ruthless enough to succeed. Will we always be too conservative?

And on the flip side - how long should a successful rebuild be? Is five years long enough? Are we trying to bounce back, and we should still be building up?
We shouldn’t be going backwards and this year looks like it could in a bad way

We shouldn’t be going backwards and this year looks like it could in a bad way
I get that people say that rebuilds aren't linear, and you can have two steps forward and one step back.

The thing is, you can also have two steps forward and five back, if you don't have anyone saying what direction "forward" is.

This Sid Draper talk on this board reminds me of the Jackson Hately talk somewhat or even that of his brother Arlo....there are quite a few midfielders in this draft that look as promising as Draper who we probably won't see for 4 - 6 weeks with his ongoing shin splints issues, even his teammate Phoenix Hargrave isn't too shabby. Hopefully Sid Draper will be over his injury issues and back to full fitness well before the Nationals which get underway on May 26 with the SA vs the Allies in Adelaide.
Hargrave is the better pick IMO

We need a complete overhaul.
Sadly this is true from board level down, unfortunately it's just a boys club that won't allow the right people in because they know their jobs and position will be scrutinised.
I was calling for a big clearout of players last year, be that trading out or delisting, as there was a lot more gems in the draft pool than most could see, this will reveal itself later this year and into next year. I love this club so much and will always support them but my god it's hard somedays. AFC is in danger of becoming a very average AFL team in tge ilk of St Kilda or Richmond (pre dimma).
We have no real WHY surrounding our club, no spirit that speaks of who we are and what we mean achieve, not only for this season but what for all seasons. Without our definitive Why we will always be left behind 💔

Because we have no definitive why or who we strive to be

I get that people say that rebuilds aren't linear, and you can have two steps forward and one step back.

The thing is, you can also have two steps forward and five back, if you don't have anyone saying what direction "forward" is.
So last 2 years were 2 steps forward and everyone is considering 1 step back for just the first 3 games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back