List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are not in his ear with a massive offer, we are just flat our negligent. Until he signs, he has not signed and his head 'might' be able to be turned our way

If we haven't had a big offer in front of him since last year we are negligent. We are going to have to pay big and I do not mind if we do, we can't keep thinking "I'd rather spend that amount on a gun mid" and then flinch when we get the opportunity to get one early on in his career.

Big article in the HSUN today bout Will Phillips at Norf (Pick 3 behind Thilthorpe) being a bit on the outer and well behind in the Norf Midfield pecking order.

Haven't really seen enough of him but if came at a reasonable price could be worth a look.
He’d be the Crouch long-term replacement if we were to get him. I’m not sure how likely we’d be to even chase him, though

Sooner have a crack at Ben Hobbs who's out of favour at the Dons, Horsham lad so half way to Adelaide already... :)
Do we know why he’s out of favour, coming back from injury or something? Surely Ess wouldn’t be playing one of their best kids without a good reason

Tarryn Thomas.

Now I don't want him at the club because whilst I like a redemption story, once a...

I was reading today that the AFL are weighing up whether when a club invariably does take him, whether he is a DFA or do Norf get to trade him. Another hand out to the club for the player who raises his hand...

We got something for Stengle though……

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do we know why he’s out of favour, coming back from injury or something? Surely Ess wouldn’t be playing one of their best kids without a good reason
Hobbs lack of speed .....he's a plodder, not in a derogatory sense, just a fact

He'll get games, once the tracks soften a bit

When was the last time you watched him .....I watched him 3 times at training this PS .....and discussed him with longtime (30 year) inside ESS official

So you're talking out of your **** .....no knowledge

Ben Keays wont have a string of other clubs lining up to recruit him.
Not happy with his game last week?

Those who continue to knock Keays really know little about football as brings plenty to this team. He's the hardest runner we have had since Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy with his game last week?

Those who continue to knock Keays really know little about football as brings plenty to this team. He's the hardest runner we have had since Lynch.
He was good early, two touches in the second half.

Hayward is the better footballer.

He was good early, two touches in the second half.

Hayward is the better footballer.
Which stats averages are better?

Disposals 20.3 v 11.0
Contested 8.6 v 3.6
Clearances 3.1 v 0.5
Clangers 3.2 v 2.2
Marks 3.0 v 3.9
Tackles 4.4 v 2.9
1% 1 v 1.2
Goals 0.5 v 1.2
Goal Assists 0.5 v 0.4

This is 100% us pressuring him with massive overs, I wonder if we are offering more than 800k even

Will cost 2 x first rounders but along with a freebie Hayward and using 2/3rd rounders points for Welsh ournrevuild would be pretty close.

You would think if we had the ability to offer Petty the deal we were, then we'd have to be talking a Million a year now for Poo if we want to shake him free

Last year's averages, playing similar roles... yeah, 1 appears significantly better player than the other ;)

Disposals 19 v 11.7
Contested 7.8 v 3.6
Clearances 2.6 v 0.2
Clangers 2.8 v 1.9
Marks 3.1 v 4.3
Tackles 3.8 v 2.9
1.1 % 1 v 1.2
Goals 1.0 v 1.1
Goal Assists 0.7 v 0.6

The second lot if you’re looking for a forward.
& their stats last year where both played mainly as a forward... it appears one is working much harder to gain possessions & similar goal output.

& their stats last year where both played mainly as a forward... it appears one is working much harder to gain possessions & similar goal output.

Yep, last year Keays averaged 7.5 additional disposals than Hayward to generate 0.1 less affective kicks and 1.2 additional score involvements

So it looks like Keays works much harder for a small effectiveness gain

Yeah.

Or one plays exclusively as a forward while the other gets used on ball.

Keays was put back into the guts midway through last year.
No, Keays mainly played as a forward last year & got 2x number of possessions & matched Hayward in goals & assists.

Keays is a better player as he works much harder to find space & enables him to get more of the ball.

The stats clearly show your assumption based on gut feel is clearly incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back