Resource 2024 Membership - 55,704 as at April 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to work out whether to remain ideologically pure and not getting a membership before Koch and Ken leave the club, as I promised. I am tempted by the digital offer and torn between giving my money to News Ltd or the Club (and indirectly News). In that contest, I think I lean towards the club.

Did you need a new Kayo account or did you just apply it to it?
I have had Kayo for a few years now, but have shared it with two other friends. When Kayo announced they were dropping to a "two connection" limit for $35, we dropped down to two of us sharing it for the $250p/a Port membership, or $21 per month ($10.50 each).

So what I did was cancel the old membership we had on the Thursday, and then sign up for Port's digital membership on the Friday.

PS: I then just "reactivated" the old membership with the unique code that Port sent & it continued with all my old settings

Last edited:

Membership Update 23rd of February 2024

MEM24_AFL-MembershipCounter_230224.jpg

Increase of 199 members in 2 days (21/02/24)

Up by 1,372 members from last year this time (21/02/23 - 50,622)
Averaging 52,000 members by end of February

I know this is in the same vein as bus questions at the AGM, but does anyone know whats happening with membership packs? I got my son a junior membership as part of his birthday in January but still haven't received anything.

I know this is in the same vein as bus questions at the AGM, but does anyone know whats happening with membership packs? I got my son a junior membership as part of his birthday in January but still haven't received anything.
Got an email last night about mine.
1709077583488.png

Ahhh cool! Yeah I opted out of the membership pack so I get the in store voucher which I never use haha but Junior packs get one by default. Hopefully soon!
Same. I get a voucher that never use. I see it as a small contribution to sustainability by generating less rubish. But is has been years since I saw something worth getting from the Port store, even with a voucher.

Same. I get a voucher that never use. I see it as a small contribution to sustainability by generating less rubish. But is has been years since I saw something worth getting from the Port store, even with a voucher.

It sucks that you can't use the vouchers online really. I think this year I will use it as an excuse to take my son there as he hasn't ever been.

I have had Kayo for a few years now, but have shared it with two other friends. When Kayo announced they were dropping to a "two connection" limit for $35, we dropped down to two of us sharing it for the $250p/a Port membership, or $21 per month ($10.50 each).

So what I did was cancel the old membership we had on the Thursday, and then sign up for Port's digital membership on the Friday.

PS: I then just "reactivated" the old membership with the unique code that Port sent & it continued with all my old settings
I just got an email from the club pushing Kayo add on for existing digital members as per below. Seems a bit discriminatory to those who have gone the plastic pass membership, but I guess its a way to get people to go digital.

1709177860433.png

At the link it lists all the benefits you get and says. If/when I move to WA this year, I will probably take it up.

Package Inclusions​

Ie basic stuff yo get with a game access or non-access membership

12 Month Kayo Basic Subscription
10% discount at the Port Store More info
10% discount at The Precinct at Alberton More info
Member Voting Rights
Member exclusive emails and CEO updates

Power on Demand Add On is available to existing 2024 Members only.

After purchasing a Power On Demand membership, you will receive an email with a voucher code to use on Kayo.
This email can take up to 48 hours to arrive. Please ensure you check your junk/spam folders.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*Offer only available to AFL Club Digital Members.
Must sign up via unique code provided by your AFL Club. Must redeem by 30 November 2024 (unless extended). Excludes sign ups or payments via third parties. One redemption per person. After 12 month Kayo offer ends, subscription will automatically renew at standard Kayo pricing (currently $35/month on Kayo Basic), unless the subscription is changed, cancelled or another Kayo offer is applied. If you cancel within 12 month offer period, you will lose the remainder of the offer and you cannot restart the offer. Not available in conjunction with other offers. Kayo is available in Australia only.

So its nothing new just pushing members who might already have Kayo and its about to run out, or people thinking of taking it up to do it via the club, its a bit cheaper and the club gets a slice of the revenue.

Although I can't pick the difference from this Power on Demand Add On to the basic Power on Demand package option on the club's membership page. See

The only difference with the above deal and Power on Demand + Interstate is $20 ie $270 and for that you get on top of above;

• Access to a Reserved Seat ticket to a Port Adelaide game in your state in 2024
  • $30 Port Store voucher
  • Weeks 1-3 Finals Priority Ticketing

The Power on Demand + Victorian cost $280 and the only thing different to the Interstate membership is

* Access to any 2 games in Victoria in 2024

And the Power on Demand + 3 Game cost $315 and the only difference to last 2 packages above is

* General Admission access to 3 Port Adelaide home games in 2024

I just got an email from the club pushing Kayo add on for existing digital members as per below. Seems a bit discriminatory to those who have gone the plastic pass membership, but I guess its a way to get people to go digital.

View attachment 1916080

At the link it lists all the benefits you get and says. If/when I move to WA this year, I will probably take it up.

Package Inclusions​

Ie basic stuff yo get with a game access or non-access membership

12 Month Kayo Basic Subscription
10% discount at the Port Store More info
10% discount at The Precinct at Alberton More info
Member Voting Rights
Member exclusive emails and CEO updates

Power on Demand Add On is available to existing 2024 Members only.

After purchasing a Power On Demand membership, you will receive an email with a voucher code to use on Kayo.
This email can take up to 48 hours to arrive. Please ensure you check your junk/spam folders.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*Offer only available to AFL Club Digital Members.
Must sign up via unique code provided by your AFL Club. Must redeem by 30 November 2024 (unless extended). Excludes sign ups or payments via third parties. One redemption per person. After 12 month Kayo offer ends, subscription will automatically renew at standard Kayo pricing (currently $35/month on Kayo Basic), unless the subscription is changed, cancelled or another Kayo offer is applied. If you cancel within 12 month offer period, you will lose the remainder of the offer and you cannot restart the offer. Not available in conjunction with other offers. Kayo is available in Australia only.

So its nothing new just pushing members who might already have Kayo and its about to run out, or people thinking of taking it up to do it via the club, its a bit cheaper and the club gets a slice of the revenue.

Although I can't pick the difference from this Power on Demand Add On to the basic Power on Demand package option on the club's membership page. See

The only difference with the above deal and Power on Demand + Interstate is $20 ie $270 and for that you get on top of above;

• Access to a Reserved Seat ticket to a Port Adelaide game in your state in 2024
  • $30 Port Store voucher
  • Weeks 1-3 Finals Priority Ticketing

The Power on Demand + Victorian cost $280 and the only thing different to the Interstate membership is

* Access to any 2 games in Victoria in 2024

And the Power on Demand + 3 Game cost $315 and the only difference to last 2 packages above is

* General Admission access to 3 Port Adelaide home games in 2024
So, REH I see the basic "Power On Demand," and the "Add On" packages you mention are the same price at $250. The only difference I see is that the first one offers the Membership pack, whereas the Add on doesnt. I suppose as you mention, if any member just wants to renew or join Kayo without adding an additional membership to their name. it is still a good deal.
1709180745554.png

So, REH I see the basic "Power On Demand," and the "Add On" packages you mention are the same price at $250. The only difference I see is that the first one offers the Membership pack, whereas the Add on doesnt. I suppose as you mention, if any member just wants to renew or join Kayo without adding an additional membership to their name. it is still a good deal.
View attachment 1916114
Thanks for picking that up Tibbs.

Makes sense, that if you already are a member, you have already received a membership pack or a voucher, so no need to have that as part of the Add On inclusions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does the anti - boycotters not renewing tickets effect click in?
yOu tel em Funder! Basic Arifmatic mate. The numbers d0nt lye. Club is powering along, dusnt matter if memberships are reel, down graded or simply given away, just believe what the club tellsz yo, wheneva have they fibbed to us in the passed? I'll b e their, with the tRu belivers cheering the boys on, to top 8 glory with yu mate!

I wonder what impact the digital membership has? Two people can split a "membership" and get Kayo for $125 each for a year. That's something of a no-brainer if you want Kayo.
Yea one of the 740 in ten days is me getting be a digital kayo membership to take $100 out of Murdoch's hands

Yea one of the 740 in ten days is me getting be a digital kayo membership to take $100 out of Murdoch's hands
My partner who is a lapsed member is getting a digital membership for the same reason. It's cheaper than paying for it outright and she gets voting rights at the next AGM.

I don't have Kayo (have Fox) so if you subscribe and have a season ticket, you're counted twice?
I would imagine it depends if you were buying the digital membership or if you were getting it as an 'add-on' which was discussed a few posts above. If you're a season ticket holder and then get the digital membership as well then I suppose you would be counted twice.

Put another way, my partner is no longer a member, when she gets the digital membership for slightly cheaper streaming she will be counted as a member. I can't see why an existing member buying a new digital membership wouldn't be counted, but I don't know, the way the club counts members is murky as anything.

I contacted the club about the junior pack not coming and there was some kind of error in the sign up process which is why it didn't come. Its being sent now. So lucky I did contact them. (membership team were very quick)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back