Resource 2024 Membership - 55,704 as at April 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

There is absolutely no ******* way on earth that's legit. The member base (and non member base) is clearly ******* pissed off.
A friend and I were counting the number of members we know who are not renewing this year. Out of fourteen, ten have jacked it in. ALL have been long term members from early AFL days and a couple from many years before that I’m most shocked about. These are not the sort of members a well-run club should lose.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

I was wondering when renewing a membership, the discounted Kayo subscription would still apply.
Probably best to sign up a week before the start of the regular season then:thumbsu:
What I did was CANCEL my subscription yesterday, the day before it expired/renewed (today). Then this morning I logged in to Kayo, and applied my new voucher code, and my new 12mnth subscription at the cheap price restarted.

Just went and checked it out and the giants digital membership is now $250. Kayo has no value for me out of the footy season. So 7months * 35 = $245. It's cheaper to just go direct.
True, everyone has different viewing habits. I love watching the F1 and the PGA golf, along with cricket, and of course AFL, and then a flick through the AFLW and a few other random sports. Sure some of that is available free-to-air, but I am out quite a lot, so often miss half the game. So to be able to start watching a game from the beginning, an hour after it has started, or maybe later in the evening ... all without ads, is just gold for me. I would say I use it 11mnths of the year, so get full value for money spent.

What I did was CANCEL my subscription yesterday, the day before it expired/renewed (today). Then this morning I logged in to Kayo, and applied my new voucher code, and my new 12mnth subscription at the cheap price restarted.
The last couple of seasons I’ve been using the Foxtel Go app with a password I get through a family member. Which can be a little unreliable and frustrating at times with poor quality signals and occasionally dropping out when mirroring direct to the TV. Plus Fox Go is only compatible with tabs & phones, Kayo gives both options. Hopefully the digi membership pricing doesn’t increase to much every 12 months otherwise subscribing to Kayo for 6 to 7 months would be a cheaper option.

+646 (Up 1600 on last year)
MEM24_AFL-MembershipCounter_130224.jpg

Sorry to intervene on your club thread but does any of you know how the GA memberships work at your club, in terms of ticketing like do I have to pre-order GA tickets before each match or could I just walk in the stadium and find GA seating without any pre-planning?

Was planning on attending some matches this year but was just unsure how ticketing is operate in GA seating and if it was worth it to buy a membership and if it was just first basis ticketing pre-match or GA tickets still around until the day of the match.

Sorry to intervene on your club thread but does any of you know how the GA memberships work at your club, in terms of ticketing like do I have to pre-order GA tickets before each match or could I just walk in the stadium and find GA seating without any pre-planning?

Was planning on attending some matches this year but was just unsure how ticketing is operate in GA seating and if it was worth it to buy a membership and if it was just first basis ticketing pre-match or GA tickets still around until the day of the match.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply to my message and sending those links.

Was probably planning on getting a 6/FS game GA membership as I will be back in Adelaide in May but did check those links that you have sent. However, it still couldn’t locate the information of if I have to pre-order the GA tickets beforehand (unless upgrading) or could I just rock up to the ground and find seating that way on the hill or seats?

Also besides the Showdown match, do you see the Port Adelaide home matches selling out completely this year?

If you or someone could help me for those answers, that would be really appreciated especially before the season otherwise will just email the membership team regarding my questions?

Was probably planning on getting a 6/FS game GA membership as I will be back in Adelaide in May but did check those links that you have sent. However, it still couldn’t locate the information of if I have to pre-order the GA tickets beforehand (unless upgrading) or could I just rock up to the ground and find seating that way on the hill or seats?

Also besides the Showdown match, do you see the Port Adelaide home matches selling out completely this year?

If you or someone could help me for those answers, that would be really appreciated especially before the season otherwise will just email the membership team regarding my questions?
Just rock up, and most games wont sell out for either team.

Just rock up, and most games wont sell out for either team.
Cheers mate for the reply, glad to know I can just rock up and not have to pre-order any GA tickets beforehand unless I am upgrading to reserved tickets, just got to get there early I suppose but did thought the club only sells X amount of GA tickets though per match, which makes me think I would have to order them earlier to gain access.

Do you know by any chance how much upgrading to reserved tickets would be on average last year like I know it is obviously dependent on the type of seat and opposition involved mind you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate for the reply, glad to know I can just rock up and not have to pre-order any GA tickets beforehand unless I am upgrading to reserved tickets, just got to get there early I suppose but did thought the club only sells X amount of GA tickets though per match, which makes me think I would have to order them earlier to gain access.

Do you know by any chance how much upgrading to reserved tickets would be on average last year like I know it is obviously dependent on the type of seat and opposition involved mind you?
Sorry no idea on upgrade costs. Though there wouldn't be much point. Most of the good seats are season tickets, the rest would be amongst the rest regardlesss. There isn't really a bad seat in the whole place.

Sorry no idea on upgrade costs. Though there wouldn't be much point. Most of the good seats are season tickets, the rest would be amongst the rest regardlesss. There isn't really a bad seat in the whole place.
That’s fine and can agree with no bad seats at the stadium given I’ve been there a couple of times over the journey and have sat near the goals and higher up with no real concerns.

Think the only concern was how busy the GA could get especially when the Victorian clubs come to town later in the year (Carlton / Richmond) and maybe having to get to the oval as soon as it’s open to find a seat, which isn’t a problem for me but for others it would be.

Just to confirm though, can just have to rock up to the stadium and not pre-order anything GA wise unless it’s a sell-out which requires reserved seating as I couldn’t locate that information from the website?

General Admission membership is you rock up to the game, and first in best dressed to GA areas or the Hill area.

If you want to upgrade for the game, this is from the clubs FAQ page;

5 I have a General Admission Membership, can I upgrade to a reserved seat?​

Yes. You will be able to upgrade to a reserved seat at member's price using your member barcode on Ticketek. You will be informed via email when tickets will be on sale for the 2024 season.

There are 2 flexible GA membership packages different to the standard 11 game GA membership

The 6 Game package which looks like you know about

The 12 membership tickets to use in any combo you want so you might take 2 or 3 mates to 2,3, 4 etc games until 12 tickets used.

I don't know how they all really work from personal experience, as I have had the same reserved seat since 2014 and usually I have spare tickets to hand out, as my mate from Sydney and his 2 kids and his best mate from Darwin who I have got to know, we all bought our seats together back in 2013 for the first season of AFL at AO, and I have access to them when they aren't in town or have asked me to pass them onto family and friends for a particular game.

So I don't know the answers to your GA questions from personal experience, just know where on the club website they provide some info about them.

Anyone who signed up to the Port digital membership, how long did it take to receive the code for 12 months Kayo? I’ve got the original “order” email but nothing else?

General Admission membership is you rock up to the game, and first in best dressed to GA areas or the Hill area.

If you want to upgrade for the game, this is from the clubs FAQ page;

5 I have a General Admission Membership, can I upgrade to a reserved seat?​

Yes. You will be able to upgrade to a reserved seat at member's price using your member barcode on Ticketek. You will be informed via email when tickets will be on sale for the 2024 season.

There are 2 flexible GA membership packages different to the standard 11 game GA membership

The 6 Game package which looks like you know about

The 12 membership tickets to use in any combo you want so you might take 2 or 3 mates to 2,3, 4 etc games until 12 tickets used.

I don't know how they all really work from personal experience, as I have had the same reserved seat since 2014 and usually I have spare tickets to hand out, as my mate from Sydney and his 2 kids and his best mate from Darwin who I have got to know, we all bought our seats together back in 2013 for the first season of AFL at AO, and I have access to them when they aren't in town or have asked me to pass them onto family and friends for a particular game.

So I don't know the answers to your GA questions from personal experience, just know where on the club website they provide some info about them.
Thanks mate for finding that information out for me.

Didn’t know about the Flexi 12 package so could be something I might consider for this year along with the options before ideally upgrading to full season reserved seating next year but will just be dependent on when I return back to Adelaide.

Thank-you for everyone that helped me with my questions and all the best for 2024.

Anyone who signed up to the Port digital membership, how long did it take to receive the code for 12 months Kayo? I’ve got the original “order” email but nothing else?
From the initial purchase, it took 1 hour and 10 minutes for me to get the unique code...

1708431098293.png

Membership Update 21st of February 2024

MEM24_AFL-MembershipCounter_210224.jpg

Increase of 1,348 members in 8 days (13/02/24)

Up by 1,372 members from last year this time (50,622)
Averaging 52,000 members by end of February

Only 48,000 and change short of the 100,000 member goal set out in the Chasing Greatness Strategic Vision.

The Tredrea affect, or people buying game day memberships closer to the first game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back