Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:

thanks as ever for the post GR, but please spare us another over ager beating up on juniors.

And despite what Edmund says, Todd Viney is going to look pretty silly having mentioned in public four different list needs, and none of them are rebounding defenders or mid forwards. If Payne is still there at our second, then maybe, but the first has surely got to fill a need
You do realise Geordie doesn't turn 19 until the 6th November so in effect he only misses out on the 2024 draft by 2 months?

The squad desperately, desperately needs some stiffening up with a few blokes in their 20's who have grit and some fierceness to em.

We do not need a speculative teenager. Last thing we need. Goodness me.

It's kind of the opposite, Scaife has really fallen off in the last few weeks while Howes is still going well. The only reason he's come back into conversation is because the Herald Sun reported we would take him number 1. That's my worry about Scaife, didn't kick a goal in a 100 point win, he also only had 5 touches. Howes is averaging the same amount of goals in a winless side, he has also been more consistent

I wasn't talking about their games, I was talking about the media pumping them up. From that angle Howes is generally missing from calculations.

With one weekend to go before the MSD, and barring a miracle in Hobart, we get first choice on Howes, Scaife, or Blight. Where are these three expected to play their final game before the draft?

With one weekend to go before the MSD, and barring a miracle in Hobart, we get first choice on Howes, Scaife, or Blight. Where are these three expected to play their final game before the draft?

2.40pm AEST at Noorlunga, 4.30pmAEST at Bassendean and 4.00pmAEST at Mandurah respectively.

You do realise Geordie doesn't turn 19 until the 6th November so in effect he only misses out on the 2024 draft by 2 months?
Sure, and Will Dawson is the youngest drafted in 2023. The difference between him and Payne is that Dawson is playing against men, and Geordie is still playing against boys.

Sure, and Will Dawson is the youngest drafted in 2023. The difference between him and Payne is that Dawson is playing against men, and Geordie is still playing against boys.
Not in the North West Tasmanian League he's not, he's been playing Senior footy for Wynard since 2022 when Tassie Devils Coates Talent League commitments don't interfere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the North West Tasmanian League he's not, he's been playing Senior footy for Wynard since 2022 when Tassie Devils Coates Talent League commitments don't interfere.

Apparently he played a game for North launceston a month ago.

great, how's he going?
Well he's flying this year in a different role to last year in the Coates League...if you check his Wynard Seniors form over the last couple of years he's quite regularly been in the best players at that level. I'd be quite happy if he happens to slip through to Adelaide though I highly doubt that happens.
IMO North should seriously consider 196cm KPF Noah Howes who now seems to finally have his body right , also another yet to have their 19th birthday and bring him through with your elite youngsters you've drafted of late looking to the future?

Eagles interested in Milan Murdock from East Fremantle. BOG in last year's grand final and WA's best player in the state game last week.

Waalitj Marawar (West Coast) have expressed interest in dual-Simpson medallist Milan Murdock as the in-form East Fremantle midfielder shoots into mid-season rookie draft calculations.

The West Australian understands Murdock, 23, has been sounded out by the Eagles through his club the Sharks, while he met with Essendon at the weekend ahead of the draft on May 29.

It comes fresh off his starring role for Western Australia in their 63-point loss to South Australia at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
Murdock was easily the best on ground for the Black Swans, winning the Simpson Medal after finishing with 27 disposals, five clearances and two goals.
The inside midfielder is ranked no.1 in the WAFL for tackles (10) and is averaging 25 disposals and 6.5 clearances for the reigning premiers.

Murdock had a breakout year in 2023, when the midfielder led the Sandover Medal count after the first five rounds with 11 votes before injuries restricted him in the second half of the season.

He then produced an incredible finals series including claiming the Simpson Medal in the grand final win over Peel Thunder, showcasing his versatility by playing as a small forward.Murdock finished with 27 disposals, seven inside 50s and a goal as he helped the Sharks snap a 25-year premiership drought.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 123840.png

Well he's flying this year in a different role to last year in the Coates League...if you check his Wynard Seniors form over the last couple of years he's quite regularly been in the best players at that level. I'd be quite happy if he happens to slip through to Adelaide though I highly doubt that happens.
IMO North should seriously consider 196cm KPF Noah Howes who now seems to finally have his body right , also another yet to have their 19th birthday and bring him through with your elite youngsters you've drafted of late looking to the future?
there's a fair body of opinion here that we need KPFs, either Howes or Scaife - there's concerns about Howes injury record, and whether Scaife is showing enough

I thought Howes was playing for South Australia this weekend in the under 18s champs?
If selected?

SA have a lot of of decent KPF prospects for the Nationals this year.
Overager Noah Howes 196cm, Charlie Nicholls 197cm, Tallan Rosenzweig 197cm, Charlie West 195cm, Tyler Welsh 191cm, Aiden Schubert 195cm (2025).

You would expect Noah Howes would be 1st cab off the rank but it's a bit of dilemna for SA selectors especially if as expected he's taken in the MSD and therefore unavailable for the other 3 games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back