Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the *******s on the BF forum? They’ve been saying the same about Naughty & English for the past 8 years how’s that going for them? Freo nuffs will be saying the same about McDonald who will resign with swans as usual - How many players actually go back to WA, 1 a year? Usually fringe blokes looking for a role in the 22… maybe one good player every few years

90% of the whole state are nuffies, and just so happens 75%+ of those nuffies go for WCE
Go on the Logan McDonald thread they think Buss is worth a second rounder.

Think Gags is pretty highly rated by the club, think one of the track watchers was talking to one of the coaches earlier in the preseason who thinks he has genuine midfield potential.

We’re building up a support cast on the inside which brings speed & run which is crucial to surround the pillars in Bont, Libba, Macrae & pretty soon Sanders.
Who is Gags?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the *******s on the BF forum? They’ve been saying the same about Naughty & English for the past 8 years how’s that going for them? Freo nuffs will be saying the same about McDonald who will resign with swans as usual - How many players actually go back to WA, 1 a year? Usually fringe blokes looking for a role in the 22… maybe one good player every few years

90% of the whole state are nuffies, and just so happens 75%+ of those nuffies go for WCE
7 grand finals and 4 premierships since 1987. 3 and 2 with a coach our club rejected. Not bad for a bunch of nuffs.

7 grand finals and 4 premierships since 1987. 3 and 2 with a coach our club rejected. Not bad for a bunch of nuffs.

Ah yes, the fans of the club definitely won those flags and made those finals

I'm begging our social team to please stop with the whole 'szn' thing.

Small thing I get it, but we're not all illiterate 16 year olds speaking in shorthand.
30 Rock Hello GIF

Anyone going to the open training session today?

I’m unable to attend but hanging out for a detailed report.

Really excited by what we’ve heard about Sanders so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comq

Anyone going to the open training session today?

I’m unable to attend but hanging out for a detailed report.

Really excited by what we’ve heard about Sanders so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comq

I popped down for a look.

Little bit of half court style match sim for the first 30min.

Full ground circuit goal kicking drill.

Then split group with one playing mini soccer match, the other playing limited space ball movement drill. Players regularly rotating between both.

Finished with some running.

Few things stood out. Firstly there seemed to be a lot more support crew involved in drills than what there has been in previous years. Makes you wonder what we’ve been doing with minimal staff up till this point. All of the new staff minus Egan were out there getting involved. Johnson the one that stood out the most, really vocal directing the players at his end. Seems to have hit the ground running.

Sanders looking like a $1m thoroughbred purchase galloping round his new paddock. Early Derby favourite. Looks mint. Wouldn’t suprise if he polls well in next years rising star. Ready to go and won’t be playing any VFL imo. Someone will be losing midfield minutes to him next year.

Besides Sanders, O’Driscoll the only other draftee that looks close to having any impact next year. During the match sim, he was lively, quick and laid some chase down tackles in the small fwd role. Only a small sample but he already looks more suited to the role than any of the other players we have lined up over the last few years. Covers/closes up ground real quick and aggressively. Agile too. Really excited by what he can become.

Croft, Smith, Freyjah won’t see any AFL next year.

Bedendo another I’m unsure of. Was in the group at the Geelong end and was the most experienced fwd. Did a few nice things, but didn’t massively stand out amongst first year players and JJ.

Darcy looking bigger. Put some muscle on. Played ruck against Lobb (English ran laps) in match sim. Didn’t look out of place although Lobb probably finished on top.

O’Donnell looks a little bigger.

Daniel played match sim in middle.

Lazy Baz not sighted. Someone needs to check the local airports.

Not much else I can tell you.

WO looking nice even with half the stands looking like a chewed up pistachio. New surface looks great and the new facilities look imposing from the G Road end.

Well and truly got the footy bug again. Can’t wait till the practice matches kick off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back