Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Cody flying for that ball when JUH is also going for it?

Spills over the back of the contest where he should be but it goes to ground, then the hawks get it.

I honestly have no idea what some of our coaches are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor goal kicking
Can't stop the transition
Opposition adjusts and overcomes our good start
Kick long to a contest in the forwardline

Glad we have left the misery of 2023 behind

We are an average team
who will struggle to win 8 games this year
i dont rate this team at all anymore
to many individuals who only care about themselves
no football smarts across the ground and no organised structure
some things are obvious and its obvious we are a poorly coached and conditioned

I’m mostly happy with how we’re playing, the defensive intent and execution has been a level up on our best from last year, particularly negating opposition transition. We’ve minimised defensive one on ones. Khamis has looked very comfortable going mark-first under high balls.

The ball movement from defence to midfield has been sharper, looking forward when we get it and seemingly more players running overlap.

The goal kicking is obviously atrocious and hopefully for the most part just a product of playing at this unfamiliar ground, but a few have been inexplicable howlers. It’s the only reason we’re losing this game.

The delivery inside 50 has been a bit disappointing as well, lots of high balls on the key forwards heads in the pockets. Part of it is because the constant misses mean the ball is staying in our congested front half. Can’t judge our entries properly when we’re kicking 12 behinds in a half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back