Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed all of the reports from the VFL match today, did we have any stand outs? We’re going to need to drop 4-5 from this squad, so I hope we have a few ready to go from the 2nds.

From what the Inside the Kennel podcast guy has said

Darcy, Scott, Baker, Busslinger, Jones, Poulter, Macrae

were his bests today.

It's like my golf, I have been slicing the ball for 60 years, Naughton and Ugle are slicers, and it is not easily fixed

Except my guess is you’re not paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to play golf.

That AFL footballers get away with this defect is ludicrous.

Very frustrating to see our woeful set shot performance.
The second half will be telling. I'm still confident we will come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are a team that understand the value of quality small forwards. We are not.
Sam Mitchell played alongside Luke Breust, Cyril Rioli and Paul Puopolo, and has Breust, Watson and Ginnivan in his current side. This is a man who understands how much value this type of player brings.
Meanwhile Luke Beveridge is a coach who continues to play midfielders and small defenders up forward. It's always players like Vandermeer, McNeil, Scott, Garcia, Arthur Jones. Tried to make Ed Richards a small forward a few years back. Other past examples include Pat Lipinski, Mitch Honeychurch, Toby McLean, Mitch Wallis, Billy Gowers, Roarke Smtith, the list goes on. Had Easton Wood train all pre-season as a forward. Then tried to make Buku Khamis a forward.

Beveridge is simply not a good coach.

Hawthorn are a team that understand the value of quality small forwards. We are not.
Sam Mitchell played alongside Luke Breust, Cyril Rioli and Paul Puopolo, and has Breust, Watson and Ginnivan in his current side. This is a man who understands how much value this type of player brings.
Meanwhile Luke Beveridge is a coach who continues to play midfielders and small defenders up forward. It's always players like Vandermeer, McNeil, Scott, Garcia, Arthur Jones. Tried to make Ed Richards a small forward a few years back. Other past examples include Pat Lipinski, Mitch Honeychurch, Toby McLean, Mitch Wallis, Billy Gowers, Roarke Smtith, the list goes on. Had Easton Wood train all pre-season as a forward. Then tried to make Buku Khamis a forward.

Beveridge is simply not a good coach.
How many years of Buku's career did we waste with him playing as a forward? Two?

Bonts kick just then inside 50.

Why are two dogs players right next to each other? We just kicked it to four players right next to each other near the boundary.

English is a really really poor ruckman at the contest. It’s amazing that he is an All Australian tbh. He constantly mis times his jump, he avoids contact, he plays a very soft style for a ruckman. I would definitely not be rushing to offer him a huge contract given our other options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back