Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

We don't have anyone capable of shutting down Blakey, will have to be a team effort..Durdin, Martin and even McKay have pretty good pace over a short distance but any further than that and Blakey will burn even them off.

Owies certainly won't want to be in a situation where he's chasing Blakey that's for sure.
I wonder if Blakers could pick up Blakey?

Blakey plays centrally and across half back. You'd then need someone to play wing for acres of he's on blakey
It would just involve Acres playing more defensively forward - Acres is a great runner & handy above his head - could also provide another forward option.

Has the height & speed to go with him.

SCG a small ground end to end - it could work.

Just a random comment, and just my opinion, but I am going to put in a plug for Blues Radio (note, my opinion follows).

For me, sport is about something good (community building). It's meant to be fun. Unfortunately, due to our inherent 'negativity bias' bad news engages moreso than good news. For me, that also translates to the 'more annoying (or 'over the top') commentators' get people 'engaged' (talking about / noticing) than the more calm and rational ones.

I think it's great that SEN has created/ allowed the niche market for Blues Radio on their digital platform, and I hope the like stays. (Hopefully this is the way, and then others like BT are confined to commentating on games like Prahran).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And 16 or 17 for points against from clearance. I'd rather be just top 10 from clearance if it means nobody scores against us from clearance too.

That stat might fix itself when the team isn't forced to play 3/4 of a VFL back six don't you think?

That stat might fix itself when the team isn't forced to play 3/4 of a VFL back six don't you think?
Not sure. Points from stoppage in our D50 is equally bad and that's players like Walsh, Williams, Newman, Cotterell. (naming guys I remember direct opponents scoring goals off at stoppage) So I think the stoppages leakiness is more offensive biased setup than personnel? Maybe a touch of both

Not sure. Points from stoppage in our D50 is equally bad and that's players like Walsh, Williams, Newman, Cotterell. (naming guys I remember direct opponents scoring goals off at stoppage) So I think the stoppages leakiness is more offensive biased setup than personnel? Maybe a touch of both
With all the outs the team has had to carry, manage and workaround I think it is hard to draw too many conclusions from any particular stats - continuity and cohesion required in order to establish base line relative performance measures that are (even then) somewhat reliable or useful - that and least having played each team once...

It is a pity that every team doesn't have access to an even number of elite mids - I'd love to have a McCluggage at Carlton or a Dawson but imagining that some young kid who cant stick a tackle or win a ground ball but is marginally quicker in teh open because they never absorb serious effective body contact is a solution to anything is just that - wishful thinking.

Surely the coaches see much more than we do - they live with all the players every day.

Happy myblueroan got a gig.
Fun Love GIF by FEI Global

I reckon you've gotta reward Binns, adds some pace which we're dearly lacking too.

I'd go something like this:

Out: Hollands, Cerra, Durdin
In: Cuningham, Binns, Hewett

Allows more CBAs for Kennedy who feels like our best clearance player at the moment anyway.

I reckon you've gotta reward Binns, adds some pace which we're dearly lacking too.

I'd go something like this:

Out: Hollands, Cerra, Durdin
In: Cuningham, Binns, Hewett

Allows more CBAs for Kennedy who feels like our best clearance player at the moment anyway.
We do need pace but removing Ollie is counter productive to that suggestion.

Agreed. But some never got Koutoufides right.

Members of my family have never spelled my 28 year old daughter's name correctly, even when I have just typed it in a message to them.

I always wonder whether it is laziness, lack of care factor or some sort of muscle memory.
Gotta admit to never being able to get that Aussie number three batsman right, always just Marnus to me.

We don't have anyone capable of shutting down Blakey, will have to be a team effort..Durdin, Martin and even McKay have pretty good pace over a short distance but any further than that and Blakey will burn even them off.

Owies certainly won't want to be in a situation where he's chasing Blakey that's for sure.

That's hardly a knock on Owies, don't reckon I've seen anyone chase down the Lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back