Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Does anyone know why Marchbank isn't in the injury report? I know some would assume that makes him fit to play... but I didn't come down in the last shower, no sirree, not me.

With Cerra, Cottrell, Martin and (presumably) Pittonet out of last week's 22, I'm going with Hewett, Binns, Fantasia and (presumably) Williams as the replacements, with Carroll as sub/next man up. I'm assuming that ultimately, one of Pittonet/Williams will be fit to play.

But if we did lose another one, obviously Carroll goes into the 22, but who would be the sub? Surely not Young or Marchbank. Who's left? Moir? Wilson?

It's good that some of the cavalry looks like it'll arrive in time for next week, but if we're making 4+ changes every week, it'll take its toll on our cohesion. Irrespective of the actual personnel (and I do think we'll really miss Cottrell - pound-for-pound, he is probably more important to us than Cerra right now, even though Cerra was very good pre-injury last week).

Aaaaaaaand Jack Martin has done his calf again. How good.

We do this on Friday, it’s gonna build and bring a lot of belief to those that don’t have it already; player, staff or fan. Cotters, Cez and Martin all in a matter of days, plus the rest.
Our boys are definitely the underdog this week with a point to prove. Sometimes I think this group thrives on that perception.

We do this on Friday, it’s gonna build and bring a lot of belief to those that don’t have it already; player, staff or fan. Cotters, Cez and Martin all in a matter of days, plus the rest.
Our boys are definitely the underdog this week with a point to prove. Sometimes I think this group thrives on that perception.
Nonsense: we've been playing without Martin for most of the season... most of the last game too to be honest.

Cerra is a more substantial out but it's in an area of strength for us, certainly in terms of fit players. Cottrell is a solid foot soldier and we've got options there.

Underdog status is definitely there, but we have the cattle to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense: we've been playing without Martin for most of the season... most of the last game too to be honest.

Cerra is a more substantial out but it's in an area of strength for us, certainly in terms of fit players. Cottrell is a solid foot soldier and we've got options there.

Underdog status is definitely there, but we have the cattle to win.

Youve literally just highlighted Martin out of my post and tried to call me out hahaha, but you know what you are not wrong in the point you’ve made.

The point is the collective injuries take their toll. We need these more creative players across half forward back in the side; that’s Cuningham, Martin, Motlop and Fogarty now at this moment.
I want eventually some continuity in selection but it’s not happening atm. Not to mention half forward is a part of the ground we aren’t necessarily booming in at the moment.

The cattle is there, sure I agree for the most part, but for me Cottrell’s work rate will be sorely missed. Cerra out speaks for itself, would rather have him on the park. You could say in response that Binns has the tank or work rate to match Cotters, you probably will, but I value Cottrell’s game and his versatility. Just personally think he’s a bit of a loss with his work off the ball.

It is us being the underdogs, but I never said I didn’t have belief. In fact, this week I feel quite the opposite.

I was tempted to play Kemp at half forward on the Lizard this week. He'd be the 2nd tall when Harry goes into the ruck, if Pitto is out.

😡

Wow that's 2 for 2 with Cunners and Martin. Long absence - rushed straight back into the AFL team both play ordinary games then immediately reinjure their calf the next week.

What in the name of God is going on at the club? Severe mismanagement / incompetence is the rule not the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back