Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

The Martin thing is frustrating.. BUT...it is very marginal.

We win or lose this game on pressure.

We either bring it for 4 qrts and win or v.v. Last week 1st qtr in particular the improved hunt from our team was so noticeable for me.

If I see Swans players everywhere on the TV screen when it zooms in then I will know. For me it is that simple.

It is above the shoulders.

View attachment 1989338
Problem is it's shaped like this with different distances from the centre circle to the boundaries. In order to get the full "oval" dimensions & similar/even distances between centre circle & all boundaries they have to cut areas & make the distance between fences & boundaries irregular/uneven - ie: 1 x wing may have a couple more metres between fence & boundary line. Over the whole ground that may take for example another 3-4 metres from the total surface leaving the "playing section" at 145-150 metres which is why there's less room between the arcs & the centre square compared to the MCG etc.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Certainly disappointing that we are missing some of our better players, which could effect our chances

But, this group had shown much more resilience over the last year, to be able to compete with all sides

If we lose, I suspect people will double down hard on the fitness department and to a lesser extent the injury prone players

There will be no excuses, and whatever the result, i don't see it defining our season
Let’s face it - the mood in this joint suggests if so much as a sparrow farts in the wrong direction, we will be disgusted, want heads to roll & nuke our memberships 😡.

Sparrows have been farting in that direction for too long! We’re not a top 4 team until we get rid of that wrong-direction-farting-sparrow!!!

We need answers!!!!!!!

Sack the blooody sparrowwwws!!!!!!

IMG_0123.jpeg

Well, it's a big ask

Out: Cerra, Cottrell, Pittonet, Martin

In: Carroll, Binns, Marchbank, Williams

B: Boyd, Weitering, Marchbank

HB: Kemp, McGovern, Newman

C: Acres, Cripps, O. Hollands

HF: Durdin, McKay, E. Hollands

F: Owies C. Curnow, Kennedy

R: De Koning, Hewett, Walsh

I/C: Binns, Williams, Cowan, Cincotta

Sub: Fantasia

Kennedy to play third tall, Carroll gets midfield minutes.

McKay relief rucking.

Stacked the backline here, so I am flirting with Williams off HF to just throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know your joking, but how good was he when he went back for that 5 or so minutes in the 3rd? He was brutal and hungry, haven't seen that in him for a while.
Yeah well swinging down there on demand is good, but you'd not want to play him there in a dedicated role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but these players need to stop having so many bloody scans......... When you scan the body you are firing radiation directly into the body.

It poisons the muscles and all area surrounding.

Yes it may show signs of strain but id rather play and get a bloody injury ffs than have a scan and sit out cause the screen says so...

Tbh all of these scans are not good for humans at all. There is a reason all these rooms are lead lined to prevent radiation leakage. I should know I've built them and installed the machines... steer clear...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
As a physicist the dosage is miniscule and the impact is not 'poisoning' like you're describing. Happy to talk you through it. The reason they're lead lined is because technicians are exposed daily for years. Daily accumulates to millions of exposures. Not 100. As an example a simple bone scan via x-ray of a hand or foot provides a concentration of radiation equivalent to 3 hours of radiation you're exposed to naturally in your everyday life. 3 hours. That's all. I'll also add that ultrasounds can be effectively used to image and diagnose muscle tears and provide absolutely no damaging radiation whatsoever. 0. (And count as 'scans')

Last edited:
Martin had constant injury concerns when he was at Gold Coast and nothing has changed
I flagged this at the time we got him on here but was told by many that it's not an issue and that it was just because he was at a rabble Suns side, once he came to us he'd be sorted. I heard rumours up here that he didn't take preparation that seriously and rarely made an effort to use the gym, and I've heard it once or twice since being at Carlton. It's not a coincidence he gets nicked often.

Injury discussion belongs in this thread:-

List Management here:-

Back on topic - Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May

Thanks all!

I think Cotts is a bigger loss than Martin.
I don't. Martin coming back last season directly corresponds to the week we stopped bemoaning long bombs, started celebrating better forward structure and began our win streak. Martin coming back this year and we looked way better too. Until we had no rotations as everyone got injured... but still. Even without stat padding he provides a tangible real and significant improvement to the forwardlines output. Cotts is an extremely good tough role player. Martin is not replaceable (yet). Cotters workload is more manageable amongst the team and rotations. Still a huge loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back