Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Yeah he did, at VFL level. Might be slightly bigger, but that means little if you aren't a natural contested player

I mean, Cincotta was averaging 30 touches a game not so long ago at VFL level
They play outside roles. What exactly do you want them to contest.

On the list of 5 most important traits for a wingman. Winning contested ball isn't on the list.

I agree

But tell me apart from racking up touches at VFL level, what other traits have you seen that suggests he should be in the side

And then, which player gets dropped for him

I agree

But tell me apart from racking up touches at VFL level, what other traits have you seen that suggests he should be in the side

And then, which player gets dropped for him
As mentioned his tackle pressure.
His work rate off the ball.
His general usage is good also.

He's ready. And has been for 6 months.

Would've played him in front of Durdin, Ollie, Willams

I get the feel good inclusion of Williams to play in the jumper that his cousin(?) designed, despite him not being great prior to his injury.
Carroll's obvious with Cerra coming out.
Fantasia just lucky that there aren't too many left that can come in.
Marchbank? I was critical of him coming in for his 1st game with bugger all prep and no VFL form. He stank it up, nearly injured a few of our own and got injured again. Now he comes straight back in again, under virtually the same circumstances. I don't like it. Good luck to him, but I think it's a very bad decision and Cowan should've stayed in. 3 forced changes was enough.

As mentioned his tackle pressure.
His work rate off the ball.
His general usage is good also.

He's ready. And has been for 6 months.

Would've played him in front of Durdin, Ollie, Willams

I don't believe he is ready, but I'm sure he will continue to develop

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feel good inclusion of Williams to play in the jumper that his cousin(?) designed, despite him not being great prior to his injury.
Carroll's obvious with Cerra coming out.
Fantasia just lucky that there aren't too many left that can come in.
Marchbank? I was critical of him coming in for his 1st game with bugger all prep and no VFL form. He stank it up, nearly injured a few of our own and got injured again. Now he comes straight back in again, under virtually the same circumstances. I don't like it. Good luck to him, but I think it's a very bad decision and Cowan should've stayed in. 3 forced changes was enough.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Williams re-injured himself. I reckon he would’ve done and said anything to play this weekend. I don’t trust him and don’t think he is best 22.

Marchbank is good at what he does at AFL level. He is injury prone but his injuries tend to be specific rather than recurring issues like Martin, Cunners and Cerra.

Cowan will be a player but he is clearly not ready yet. He panics when he gets the ball. The thought of Papley running at him tomorrow night is terrifying.

I don't believe he is ready, but I'm sure he will continue to develop
Not sure there's a spot for him with Ollie and Acres, but on last week's 2s game he's not far off the mark.

He's a very smart winger, ball use is underrated, workrate is elite and won a few loose balls when he moved onto the ball in the last.

Sydney at the SCG is a tough ask but can see him getting a go soon against more modest opposition.

The ins aren't great, and there are players like Durds who could with some time in the 2s but unfortunately our injuries are preventing that from happening at the moment. Also think that Cotts is a huge out.

Either way, I still think the team running out tomorrow is good enough to beat the Swans.

Blues to win another heart stopper 💙

Would love to hear why Binns is not ready.
Good to see that he can accumulate possessions in VFL - what does he do with all that ball? How is his tackling against bigger blokes ? Is he a better choice than Acres or O Holands in a wing? Who do you see him replacing and why?

Answer these questions and you dont need to be told anything from anyone.

Good to see that he can accumulate possessions in VFL - what does he do with all that ball? How is his tackling against bigger blokes ? Is he a better choice than Acres or O Holands in a wing? Who do you see him replacing and why?

Answer these questions and you dont need to be told anything from anyone.

If he doesn't watch the VFL and you do, can you give him the answers from your perspective?

And anywhere from 2 - 7 if we win!
Unfortunately, whether we win or lose, Essendon will be sitting in 2nd place by the end of the round ( unless they lose to North)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back