Preview 2024 Rd 4 (Gather Round) Carlton vs Fremantle Saturday April 6 - 4.20PM (AEDT) @ Adelaide Oval - Team stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Brodie Kemp
OUT: Caleb Marchbank (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Corey DurdinMatthew OwiesMatthew Cottrell
Jordan BoydJack Carroll
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLachlan Cowan

Feeling confident, we get this done tonight. Heave-ho are a pretty ordinary team imo. We really should be doing a number on them. Harry to continue his fine form, Zilliams to be dominant across half back and our captain buoyed by the birth of his daughter. To be best afield. Blues by 42 points.

Could do a similar write up for our form, although our display against Norf was very professional, far better than anything we have seen from Freo.

They are winning games and learning how to win exactly like we are/have. They have just as much talent as we do. I think our experience across the park will get us over the line by a comfortable 4-5 goals but I am not willing to completely discount them as you have. Mids will need to be on their A game and our forwards won’t have it as easy as last week.
I think they have way less talent across the park - and way, way less top end talent.

It's never plain sailing - all the time - at this level, but we're a 6-8 goal better side, even without Walshy, Martin etc.

Get it done Baggers and move on!

1.20pm in Perth is perfect time for beers and pizza:thumbsu:

I've got JustaBattler and Osc1 coming over so I ordered an extra 4 large pizzas for good measure.
2 each for me and Osc - are you dieting again fatso?

Hope our team don’t get ahead of themselves. Freo will be more competitive against us than NM were last week.

Expect our midfield group in Crippa, Kennedy, Cerra and Hewett to win the contested ball and get on top of Freo. Just need our boys to be switched on from the opening bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be happy if the boredom continues. 14 wins from our last 16.

In the immortal words of Brian Taylor we “win all the time”
It's been a lot more of a grind since the GWS game last year. We've been insisting on a style that takes too much effort for the result, the bulk of that being through specific personnel choices.

The more we keep that number of people to a reasonable minimum, the more effective we are as a unit. Where I differ from the coaching staff is how much I value playmaking ability versus capacity for mistakes, and how much that can be coached into or out of a player.

Over to the Game Day thread …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back