Preview 2024 Rd 4 (Gather Round) Carlton vs Fremantle Saturday April 6 - 4.20PM (AEDT) @ Adelaide Oval - Team stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Brodie Kemp
OUT: Caleb Marchbank (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Corey DurdinMatthew OwiesMatthew Cottrell
Jordan BoydJack Carroll
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLachlan Cowan

Imagine adding Martin, Walsh and Motlop.

Unfortunately we won’t be but Kemp for Marchy is a no brainer.

Hewett to Brayshaw is my bet
Would send him to Serong. Easily Freo's best midfielder through the first 3 rounds and the only one I really worry about

Pretty comfortable our mids will beat theirs H2H otherwise. Fyfe is a shadow of the player he was, Young was good tonight but awful R1 and 2, Brayshaw doesn't look all that damaging this season

Can't let Hayden Young run free like the Crows let him, still adjusting to midfield play and role need pressure on him at all times.

2 goals probably saves little Durds, but he does need to find more footy and apply more pressure. Cottrell and Hollands probably have enough runs on the board to avoid the chop for now.
Durds missed a large chunk of preseason and had zero match conditioning against opposition before being called up to the Tiggs game, and backing it up today.

Right now it's about getting match minutes under his belt more than anything.

Durds missed a large chunk of preseason and had zero match conditioning against opposition before being called up to the Tiggs game, and backing it up today.

Right now it's about getting match minutes under his belt more than anything.

I feel like our list in the position where this should be done through the reserves. Marchbank was also quite rusty today.

Durds will definitely be better for the run. North was somewhat of a free hit which was nice.

I feel like our list in the position where this should be done through the reserves. Marchbank was also quite rusty today.

Durds will definitely be better for the run. North was somewhat of a free hit which was nice.
With Motlop, Martin and Cuningham injured it's not though.

With Motlop, Martin and Cuningham injured it's not though.
Absolutely!!! Owies was next to useless in the Lions game but was given a reprieve because there was no one to replace him.

Durds has been well underdone over the past few weeks, but we don't have the luxury of easing them back through the magoos because there's no-one to replace them.

I would imagine that ideally, Durdin would have had a week or two in the reserves to regain some touch, but our VFL team had a bye last week, and we were hamstrung by injuries to our smalls. A 2 goal haul is still not a bad effort considering his lack of match conditioning, but he definitely faded as the game went on. Having Orazio as the sub made perfect sense to bring him on when we did.

Getting wins with underdone players is a massive bonus, and will set us up for the 2nd half the season as they get more game time under their belts. What a luxury it is to ease Fantasia into the side without the pressure that'd probably see him breaking down again sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to see Fantasia start. He is very dangerous. A lot more so than Durdin. Pity we have these injuries because I would prefer E hollands in the middle to JC.

Can't let Hayden Young run free like the Crows let him, still adjusting to midfield play and role need pressure on him at all times.

My favourite non Carlton player, very keen on him in his draft year, the year we split picks to get Kemp and Philp

Feel we are a little harsh on the small forwards.

It’s a role that’s changed to more of a defensive position. Not allowing the half backs to stream out of defence, create space and overlap.

Theyre never going to get a lot of the ball. Just need to bob up for a couple goals - which Owies does consistently.

And create pressure and tackles I50.

Only knock is I swear none of them can kick an opportunistic goal/snap.

Have to say am a bit disappointed with TDK so far this year. Still below average hit out win rate and hit outs to advantage. Same for ground ball gets which is a shock. Only 13 touches a game. Only one goal so far. I think he’s part of the reason why we’ve lost our edge at the contest (plus JC is just not at the level of the others obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back