Autopsy 2024 Rd 7 Blues Go Down To Classy Cats In A Belter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would bring in Cincotta and play Williams wing. He is a good runner and can find the ball. Ollie is struggling at the moment and needs to go back

Cincotta is better one on one and will do a job until Saad is back
Completely agree.

Williams strength is his run and attack. Not a great defender. Feel like Cincotta would defend better.

Ollie having some second year blues so we need make some changes there. Williams could be the one.

Think we are underestimating the loss of Doc. The man can litterally play anywhere. A grade player missing for the whole year.

Completely agree.

Williams strength is his run and attack. Not a great defender. Feel like Cincotta would defend better.

Ollie having some second year blues so we need make some changes there. Williams could be the one.

Think we are underestimating the loss of Doc. The man can litterally play anywhere. A grade player missing for the whole year.

Massive Loss

I think this game showed who some of our most important players are. Fog, Martin, Cerra and Cunners are incredibly disciplined in their roles within our defensive system. Take them out, and replace them with less experienced players with different skillsets, it's a recipe for our defense to struggle. And of course, no Gov or Saad in the backline hurts too. Their speed, ball use, and smarts can't be replicated unfortunately.

It's good to be in this position with so much work to do, yet have players to come back, and be at 5-2, with a 1-1 record against the top 2 teams so far this year

Unfortunately Young is our weakest link in our defence. Not strong enough physically and it amazes me how slow he is to move once the ball falls into his lap or handballed to him. He freezes. McGovern can't come back quick enough.

What amazes me though, is during our injury crises 2 years ago he more than held his own.

I really think Voss needs to rethink his philosophy regarding the sub, more st likely the sub plays a single quarter, so what is he expecting out of a first gamer in a single quarter?

What is he expecting when he names Durdin or Fantasia, who both average less than a goal per full game and both struggle to find the ball?

Same as Owies.

The sub needs to be able to offer something.

Carrol in game 1 was perfect but hasn’t got beat that output since, even in full games.

Cincotta would be a better sub, put him down back and free up Newman or Williams or someone else up the ground, maybe even Cunners if fit.

We can’t keep picking subs who continually get 1-3 touches in the time they come in and contribute very little

I would bring in Cincotta and play Williams wing. He is a good runner and can find the ball. Ollie is struggling at the moment and needs to go back

Cincotta is better one on one and will do a job until Saad is back
I posted this last week, when Williams was 50/50 to play, saying Cincotta was a good ‘like for like’ replacement.

You posted that you thought the plan was for Cerra to play half back and mid against Geelong. That you had seen him training in this position recently and in the preseason.

According to Vossy, Cerra will be ready this week. I thought he would be your first choice to replace Williams. Whats changed your mind in the last couple of days to now say Cincotta?

I posted this last week, when Williams was 50/50 to play, saying Cincotta was a good ‘like for like’ replacement.

You posted that you thought the plan was for Cerra to play half back and mid against Geelong. That you had seen him training in this position recently and in the preseason.

According to Vossy, Cerra will be ready this week. I thought he would be your first choice to replace Williams. Whats changed your mind in the last couple of days to now say Cincotta?

There is a difference between what I would do and what I think Voss will do. My mind hasn't changed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the reality of what we have available.

Cerra - available next week
Cunners - available next week
Gov - 1 more week
Fog - accessed after round 11
Marchy - accessed after round 9
Saad - 4 weeks
Martin - 5 weeks
Motts - 4-5 weeks

Hope Gov available after pies game (I’m done with Young)

Only change will be Cerra for Binns, Carroll back to sub.

But that’s all the defensive coverage we have coming back which is where we struggle the most.
Our i50s
Crows 25 shots from 49 i50s (26 from 52)
GWS 27 shots from 51 i50s (34 from 54)
Cats 28 shots from 45 i50s (30 from 66)

We are getting looks and scoring enough we just can’t stop the op from scoring, this now becomes a coaching failure as much as personal, the coach’s have had the evidence infront of them and failed to address this. (Yes players back will help but reality is they aren’t and won’t be yet)

Our stoppage game has gone back to the best in the game, our transition once we get it in d 50 to score is top 2 but we need something in place to stop the op from easy scores. Look at the cats last night always had a plus one in general play and we always seem to leave our backs 1v1 in transition. Why don’t we try TDK as the spare down back when Pitto is in the truck to maximise our midfield dominance?

I love Voss and he is the man for us but I just feel he is stubborn and doesn’t like to adapt when things aren’t working the way we like.

Anyway we are a very good football team and this will be another fun season, just need to win another 2 of the next 4 to stay in touch with top 4 once we get players back.

Go Blues!
Pretty sure they just didn't update the Martin injury on the injury list. Think it was 5 weeks in early April so should be 2-3 now

Geelong do the little things well and have a team first approach and give the ball to players in better position for the teams benefit.

I seen Jeremy Cameron take an uncontested mark for the first goal because his team mates blocked for him to do so instead of all going for the same high ball.

I seen Jeremy Cameron spot up team mates on the lead and when he was too far out for a set shot at one stage when our defenders fell asleep.

I also seen Jeremy Cameron square the ball up to the hot spot on his non preferred foot so Touhy could take a mark and goal.

I seen others tap or knock it on to team mates advantage at times instead of taking possession.

They just do the disciplined, team first thing more often, these little things matter !!

Pretty sure they just didn't update the Martin injury on the injury list. Think it was 5 weeks in early April so should be 2-3 now

Martin is back fully training and injury free. Issue is he has missed a heap of training and needs to build up. Told he needs around 3-4 weeks without issue

Old days he probably would play this week

Watched the replay

So many simple mistakes
To many passengers
Went away from plan that worked well last week
Missing easy early goals festered in us like a disease

Yet we still could have won
I'm a big believer durdin kicks that easy goal in the last and we go onto win.

Not blaming him.

But we kick straight we win that game.

Geelong do the little things well and have a team first approach and give the ball to players in better position for the teams benefit.

I seen Jeremy Cameron take an uncontested mark for the first goal because his team mates blocked for him to do so instead of all going for the same high ball.

I seen Jeremy Cameron spot up team mates on the lead and when he was too far out for a set shot at one stage when our defenders fell asleep.

I also seen Jeremy Cameron square the ball up to the hot spot on his non preferred foot so Touhy could take a mark and goal.

I seen others tap or knock it on to team mates advantage at times instead of taking possession.

They just do the disciplined, team first thing more often, these little things matter !!
The “little” things that add up to make a big impact.

These are the sorts of things that fall under footy IQ. Most of which can be learnt imo.

Didn't watch live but just watched the replay. We certainly made it hard for ourselves with poor goal kicking and dumb stuff.

The umps made it even harder and shouldn't be making those momentum changing mistakes.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Didn't watch live but just watched the replay. We certainly made it hard for ourselves with poor goal kicking and dumb stuff.

The umps made it even harder and shouldn't be making those momentum changing mistakes.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
Not just kicking for goal which has been not up to standard last couple of weeks but also generating some better opportunities. 66 inside 50s and you should win 95% of games especially with 30 shots on goal.

The “little” things that add up to make a big impact.

These are the sorts of things that fall under footy IQ. Most of which can be learnt imo.
I am sure Chris Scott would emphasise and highlight these things but also continue to demand it on a weekly basis!!

Not saying our coaches don’t do the same but it gets down to “players buying in” and making sacrifices at times.

Discipline, IQ, decision making, skill execution were miles apart yesterday !!

Back