Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

Them

In: Cameron Guthrie, Rhys Stanley, Zach Tuohy
Out: Tom Stewart (concussion), Toby Conway (omitted), Jhye Clark (omitted)

BacksZach GuthrieSam De KoningJake Kolodjashnij
Half BacksZach TuohyJack HenryMax Holmes
CentrelineMark O’ConnorPatrick DangerfieldMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsBrad CloseJeremy CameronGryan Miers
ForwardsTyson StengleTom HawkinsOllie Henry
FollowersRhys StanleyCameron GuthrieTanner Bruhn
InterchangeOllie DempseyBrandan ParfittJack Bowes
Tom AtkinsMitch Duncan
EmergenciesShannon NealeJhye ClarkToby Conway
Guthrie? Seem really desperate there.

I’m a lot more confident this week, than last week and I think we will be there about at the final whistle, team selection is a bit strange, mostly the accepted standard of Fantasia and Carrol who both have been poor for several weeks.

I’m not suggesting drop both but would think a different player coming in would perform just as good, as the bar is low.

I was critical of the two rucks last week and was shown up, but we have a bigger sample of Carrol and our smalls to go off.

I think Voss is much swing a chance to set a better standard here

I am quietly happy that Cowan remains in the team. Talented young man who plays the game the right way. Has a lot of development to go. When he gets fitter and stronger he will be a player. Development wise there will be moments they will go over where he was around the ball, when we won it, he needed to run forward with the ball carriers to be an option. Often chose to fall back. Could be fitness or playing conservatively due to confidence or lack of experience. Love to see him get a chance to work on that. We win the ball in your area, run forward young man, get the ball in your hands you are a good kick, we want that!

Excited for this game. Another genuine test. Unchanged team gives some stability and confidence. Go Carlton!!!

King Charles Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

Martin is in AR’s (in)famous training block.
The way I see it, there is absolutely zero point in Jack Martin or any other proven senior player playing VFL. It's all about getting them fit and we are doing that in a controlled environment. He can miss 5 weeks or he can come back old school and miss three weeks and play 2 in the VFL. I don't mind this.

Watching pre season and training recently. Both Kennedy & Cerra have/had been spending time rotating through HB and the middle. Adam also said he is likely to play there at times if our full midfield compliment is available

Like I said, that's what "I think"
Also, didn't he start off there at Freo? So he's got some runs on the board there

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say, Kennedy has been fantastic when moved to half back the past two weeks. Looks much more comfortable to transition there when needed.

Let’s hope both ZW and Weiters are all systems go. If one needs to miss, I’d prefer Zac misses because of Cameron and Hawkins as well as Henry. Binns sub if he’s a late in for Orazio.
Re Kennedy being “fantastic” back that’s interesting as he looked pretty average playing back a few times last year, practice makes perfect it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back