Preview 2024 Rd 9 Carlton vs Melbourne Thursday 9th May 7:30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Ollie Hollands, Brodie Kemp, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern
OUT: Zac Williams (glute soreness), David Cuningham, Orazio Fantasia, Lewis Young

Round 9 team v Melbourne
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:David CuninghamOrazio FantasiaLewis Young

In - players who don't panic and turn the ball over in bad areas of the ground
In - less predictability of trying to move the ball through the corridor all the god damn time clubs are awake to it
In - an open forward line

Out - orazio , durdin

Williams seems banged up both physically and mentally. Please, get anyone else in who's fit and hungry. Literally a liability ATM. I don't doubt he can be a class contributor when everything is going right and he has more mates in defense. I can't see the MC putting him out based on our selection form thus far though.

I've been patient with Fantasia for obvious reasons but... he couldn't do literally anything of note, so unless there's something the coaches know about, surely has to go out. We would not have done any worse with a kid like Moir in.

Try something different this game.

What we're doing isn't working.

Charlie to the backline.

Harry and TDK the tall forwards.

At least TDK is offering up leads in the forward line rather than spending his whole time trying to wrestle with the opposition.

Pitto to ruck majority with TDK to be the chop out.

Really missing dash off our back and a lead up forward. Oh we miss saad and Martin

My view is we can’t blame injuries and any good team I want to see a response from the team.

Outs Lewis, orazio

Ins: gov or kemp, Kennedy

It’s all about the response!!!

We don’t have any good available small forward options. That should not mean Fantasia continues to get games. We can’t carry Owies-Durdin-Fantasia each game based on their output. Owies has delivered the most so he stays. Durdin has been underwhelming but Fantasia says hold my beer.

Fantasia to VFL until further notice and Voss can play an extra mid. No point bemoaning we are too tall or slow in a forward line when the only option is bringing in a small who does than the player in the sub vest. Things to change once Fog and Mots are available.

Out: Fantasia, Durdin, Young, Williams (Inj)
In: Kemp, McGovern, Moir, Carroll, Binns (Sub)

I dont get the Williams bashing to be honest. He has been pretty solid and only really been exposed as soon as Saad and McGovern went out. He is not a lock down defender, more of a cream on top and I would rather see him across half forward so he can use a bit a creativity, an area where we are lacking.

With Cuners back now, we certainly don’t need to carry Orazio anymore. Assumes Zac plays after precautionary subbing last night

Ins - Gov, Kemp
Outs - Young, Orazio

If Martin gets up, Durds makes way for him

Kennedy from sub to the 22

We don’t need to do anything too radical selection wise, been close enough to top teams over the past few weeks

Cerra will play better after a gallop last night

Pretty confident we win this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cuners back now, we certainly don’t need to carry Orazio anymore. Assumes Zac plays after precautionary subbing last night

Ins - Gov, Kemp
Outs - Young, Orazio

If Martin gets up, Durds makes way for him

Kennedy from sub to the 22

We don’t need to do anything too radical selection wise, been close enough to top teams over the past few weeks

Cerra will play better after a gallop last night

Pretty confident we win this one
Dunno. I am more confident of this than I was Pies. Just had a feeling. I'm hopeful.

Can anyone explain to me why Boyd doesn't take all our kick-ins?? About as rare as rocking horse crap for him to miss a target by foot, can kick it 60m with ease and is pin point at that too...

The amount of times he jogs by players on the mark and doesn't even suggest a handball receive is simply bizarre... If that was Mitch Duncan or one of the Daicos boys their teammates are giving it off every time. I just don't get it???

Don’t you love the 20m dinky kick by Williams to Young 🤮

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

marchbank... i want to believe. but by the time he finds form he's probably injured. his history of injury is only matched by the rustiness when he returns. i trust young by hand or foot more than marchbank. sam durdin?
hope he does well if he's back in the side of course.

jack martin will at least mean a medium defender has to be accountable instead of peeling off our headless chook small forwards. do we not have any 6'3ish marking players we could have been playing in his absence instead? good argument for kemp playing forward or even forward-mid some day.

we've had melbourne's measure, just. i feel like we're capable of absolutely anything but not in a good way.

If they are fit, McGovern, Marchbank, Martin and Motlop all come back in. No need for VFL games, we need them all back badly.

Durdin, Young, Cowan, Cincotta can play VFL. Reckon we need to consider going back to one ruck and McKay. Too slow up forward.

We're better playing a quicker side, quicker sides currently all over us.

Sam Durdin over Young.

If they are fit, McGovern, Marchbank, Martin and Motlop all come back in. No need for VFL games, we need them all back badly.

Durdin, Young, Cowan, Cincotta can play VFL. Reckon we need to consider going back to one ruck and McKay. Too slow up forward.

We're better playing a quicker side, quicker sides currently all over us.

Sam Durdin over Young.
Motlop maybe available this week? Where’s that from? I thought Voss only mentioned Martin an unlikely chance for this week?

Could a split of Rucks through the centre of the ground work better...

Pitto takes right wing to centre and TDK takes left wing to centre.
Leaves us with two marking targets to switch to through the middle.
Might be better than resting forward and clogging it up...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back