Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a lot of injuries is what I’m saying
Trouble is so did Richmond. They had Lynch though. Attitude played a large part in that loss but he was the difference in the end. They have Curnow so his influence can be eliminated by us having the right attitude or else he puts us to the sword. Regardless of injuries they are still a fair bit better than the Tigers we lost to.

Trouble is so did Richmond. They had Lynch though. Attitude played a large part in that loss but he was the difference in the end. They have Curnow so his influence can be eliminated by us having the right attitude or else he puts us to the sword. Regardless of injuries they are still a fair bit better than the Tigers we lost to.

We shouldn't be underestimating a Carlton side that still has Curnow, McKay, Cripps, Walsh and Weitering. That's 5 bonafide A graders.

Prepared to no just forgive the richmond game it's annoying but we played the worst we could and still almost won despite being as lazy as can be that game.

We shouldn't be underestimating a Carlton side that still has Curnow, McKay, Cripps, Walsh and Weitering. That's 5 bonafide A graders.

Prepared to no just forgive the richmond game it's annoying but we played the worst we could and still almost won despite being as lazy as can be that game.
So what I said ???

Even with their outs there's still Curnow and McKay up front which are awful matchups especially with no McCartin.
Cripps and Walsh are contested beasts who could easily win the centre bounce clearances the bulk of the time and just hack forwards to bad matchups.
This is our nightmare scenario. Well said:

Parker should be in for Wicks. Hasn't done anything wrong, but he's not offering a lot and Parker has proven his fitness and form. Before you shout pressure and structure over and over again please check the data. Apart from he Hawks game, Wicks has been in our bottom 5 for pressure.

I don't know what we're doing mucking around with this.

Okeefe started 2014 and played 4 subpar games before being dropped. Parker lost his spot due to injury and is being asked to twiddle his thumbs waiting for someone else to get injured or us to start losing games. It's ridiculous.

Parker should be in for Wicks. Hasn't done anything wrong, but he's not offering a lot and Parker has proven his fitness and form. Before you shout pressure and structure over and over again please check the data. Apart from he Hawks game, Wicks has been in our bottom 5 for pressure.

I don't know what we're doing mucking around with this

I suggest you go and look at the Richmond game and then offer that alternative again. We looked diabolical without Wicks there

I suggest you go and look at the Richmond game and then offer that alternative again. We looked diabolical without Wicks there
You reckon Wicks keeps his place because of a game 6 weeks ago when we were beaten by nearly the worst side in the comp?

That makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon Wicks keeps his place because of a game 6 weeks ago when we were beaten by nearly the worst side in the comp?

That makes no sense.

It coincided with the worst pressure game of the year. It’s not a like for like. You want to rejig the forward line it has to be for Amartey not any of our smalls

That makes no sense.

Flip side you want Parker to get a spot because of what he did in prior years? Not saying that's wrong but he doesn't own the spot either. He was pretty ordinary late last year, People say he was injured but he didn't play.

The sides winning and Wicks is a role player who must be doing what the coaches want.

The other thing is Campbell and Cleary for starters were both better than Parker on the weekend.

Why doesn't campbell get his spot back instead? He was good enough for seniors and suffered a bit as sub.

Wicks is faster than Parker is a massive part of it too.

But might just take a loss to turn it, but other than reflecting on what Parker has done in the past (admittedly a lot) the team has given us no reason to drop someone .

It coincided with the worst pressure game of the year. It’s not a like for like. You want to rejig the forward line it has to be for Amartey not any of our smalls

If we lose and wicks doesn't start doing a bit more ashep will probably see Parker in for wicks

Link to said data please
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 1.40.29 PM.png

Removing Key Position players from the filter as they are all below Wicks you can see bar Campbell he is the worst Pressure Acts per game for those who have played a considerable portion of the season. Now if you want to rightfully remove his games as sub i believe he lands at 12.4 or so which is still bottom 5 as suggested. To give reference to Wicks of last year he was around 18 a game so it has clearly dropped off. Also can look at his tackle numbers of 2.1 per game and removing sub games that goes up to 2.8 i believe which is still well below his tackle average of 5 or so in 2023.

View attachment 1990230

Removing Key Position players from the filter as they are all below Wicks you can see bar Campbell he is the worst Pressure Acts per game for those who have played a considerable portion of the season. Now if you want to rightfully remove his games as sub i believe he lands at 12.4 or so which is still bottom 5 as suggested. To give reference to Wicks of last year he was around 18 a game so it has clearly dropped off. Also can look at his tackle numbers of 2.1 per game and removing sub games that goes up to 2.8 i believe which is still well below his tackle average of 5 or so in 2023.
Sam had a very good game last week. 6 i50s, 6SI, 7CP and 92% efficiency. Not as many tackles or pressure acts because he was winning his contests. Having high CP and efficiency means the ball is being won and used effectively. If you watch the highlights you will see the contested wins and then the goal setups for players like Hayward. These plays are golden for a team.

Sam had a very good game last week. 6 i50s, 6SI, 7CP and 92% efficiency. Not as many tackles or pressure acts because he was winning his contests. Having high CP and efficiency means the ball is being won and used effectively. If you watch the highlights you will see the contested wins and then the goal setups for players like Hayward. These plays are golden for a team.
When Wicks is in, we look like premiers. When Wicks was out, we all know what happened.

I don’t believe in coincidences.

If we win Carlton had massive injuries and are only 7th on the ladder so who we really beaten?

You can only win again the team you play on the day. There is a lot of things that go into winning a game and a premiership - it doesn't matter how good the team is on paper if you can't get the best 21 onto the park. Swans at their best still beat Carlton at their best

If we lose and wicks doesn't start doing a bit more ashep will probably see Parker in for wicks

Maybe but if that’s the plan do it in the VFL hate this idea of play Parker mid in the vfl then let’s plonk him small forward

You can only win again the team you play on the day. There is a lot of things that go into winning a game and a premiership - it doesn't matter how good the team is on paper if you can't get the best 21 onto the park. Swans at their best still beat Carlton at their best
I agree, was pretending to be the Vic Media

Maybe but if that’s the plan do it in the VFL hate this idea of play Parker mid in the vfl then let’s plonk him small forward

He can pinch hit forward but he is a midfielder, he has lost a step and was never speedy and we are now a speedy team. Heeney is in his spot and is a better player - is better than most.

Parker might play forward VFL this week even? Who knows , injury etc happens .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back