Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can pinch hit forward but he is a midfielder, he has lost a step and was never speedy and we are now a speedy team. Heeney is in his spot and is a better player - is better than most.

Parker might play forward VFL this week even? Who knows , injury etc happens .
Heeney and Adams are in his spot. I think Parker is the better forward compared to Adams but Adams is better at extracting

Heeney and Grundy is a dream midfield pairing no one would have believed 12 months ago

Heeney and Adams are in his spot. I think Parker is the better forward compared to Adams but Adams is better at extracting

Heeney and Grundy is a dream midfield pairing no one would have believed 12 months ago

Parker is a swans warrior and has held for the club, Adams has played 5 minutes so there's that.

Heeney is the better player of the 3 by a country mile talent wise and current performance.

He can pinch hit forward but he is a midfielder, he has lost a step and was never speedy and we are now a speedy team. Heeney is in his spot and is a better player - is better than most.

Parker might play forward VFL this week even? Who knows , injury etc happens .

For me it’s either Adams or Parker and right now I prefer Adams and it is by a bit

Roberts out (maybe)

My initial thought is Campbell but personally would like to see him have 1-2 more games really in the 2s before smashing the door back down to get into the 1s but sounds like they want the third winger flexibility like we had all of last year and want Lloyd down back.

For me it’s either Adams or Parker and right now I prefer Adams and it is by a bit

I think if you lined them up in a foot race parker would come last.

If you said wrestle a bear for your car keys Parker would win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Roberts is out, I’d expect Fox in after being sub for the past couple of weeks. I don’t want Lloyd at HB, he’s been excellent the last month on the wing and I want him to stay there.

I have a feeling it wouldn’t be Campbell as sub because he’s only just played full games in reserves so I imagine they’d be reluctant to just stick him back in the reserves vest now - so could it be Caiden Cleary getting his debut in the sub vest?

Let horse know mate 😂
All I seem to read here for the past 5 years is that he doesn't know his arse from his elbow! But we're on top of the ladder and now he and the selection committee are infallible.

I'm biased. I bloody love Luke Parker. But I'm also thoroughly convinced that he's an important player for us and needs to play if we're challenging for a flag. I'm gobsmacked that he's not back in the side.

He's going to get a crack at some stage of course, but I'll maintain the unpopular opinion that he should have been immediately after proving his fitness at VFL level.

You reckon Wicks keeps his place because of a game 6 weeks ago when we were beaten by nearly the worst side in the comp?

That makes no sense.
Makes no sense ? The longer this ridiculous vaudeville act with selection continues re Parker don’t be surprised The Captain when fully fit is languishing in the VFL.🙄 Farcical.

All I seem to read here for the past 5 years is that he doesn't know his arse from his elbow! But we're on top of the ladder and now he and the selection committee are infallible.

I'm biased. I bloody love Luke Parker. But I'm also thoroughly convinced that he's an important player for us and needs to play if we're challenging for a flag. I'm gobsmacked that he's not back on the side.

He's going to get a crack at some stage of course, but I'll maintain the unpopular opinion that he should have been immediately after proving his fitness at VFL level.
I think it is just a case of "things are working now, let's see how long they work for". I also don't think anyone expected Heeney to become the best player in the comp in the first 10 weeks of the season. Good yes but not to this level

Flip side you want Parker to get a spot because of what he did in prior years? Not saying that's wrong but he doesn't own the spot either. He was pretty ordinary late last year, People say he was injured but he didn't play.

The sides winning and Wicks is a role player who must be doing what the coaches want.

The other thing is Campbell and Cleary for starters were both better than Parker on the weekend.

Why doesn't campbell get his spot back instead? He was good enough for seniors and suffered a bit as sub.

Wicks is faster than Parker is a massive part of it too.

But might just take a loss to turn it, but other than reflecting on what Parker has done in the past (admittedly a lot) the team has given us no reason to drop someone .
I wonder if one of our wingers or small / medium defenders went down, whether Campbell would actually be selected before Parker? It seams to me the coaches are really happy with their mix of players and structure and as such would prefer like for like changes (if required)? Extending this line of thought, maybe the coaches will only replace an on baller or Adams at HF with Parker so as not to muck up our structure.

Why isn't Papley getting any scrutiny? I think he's been way off the pace all season. Fumbly, poor decisions and disposal and his goal radar is way off. Parker may not be as quick but I think he'd offer more up forward and in the middle
And that Mr kneecapper is where your argument falls apart. There is no substitute for speed, speed always wins, when all else is equal and when all else fails at least you are fast.

I like fast players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back