Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you lined them up in a foot race parker would come last.

If you said wrestle a bear for your car keys Parker would win

yeah, but a bear has no real interest in car keys, so there's no real appetite for the contest
but for a pic-a-nic basket, parker would face more of a challenge ... still probably prevail, though

Sorry to pull this entirely out of left field but isn't it great we no longer play at Homebush!
I get Homebush isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I always enjoyed it as a Swans venue.

Great memories there growing up with some huge crowds and I always found the facilities at the ground good or better then the SCG and far easier to access.

I would say an away final against the Giants would probably be at Stadium Australia if things went that way this year.

This comment is probably for another thread, but if our crowds at the SCG continue on an upward trend then an SCG expansion needs to be looked at because we seem to be outgrowing the current venue as it stands.

I get Homebush isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I always enjoyed it as a Swans venue.

Great memories there growing up with some huge crowds and I always found the facilities at the ground good or better then the SCG and far easier to access.

I would say an away final against the Giants would probably be at Stadium Australia if things went that way this year.

This comment is probably for another thread, but if our crowds at the SCG continue on an upward trend then an SCG expansion needs to be looked at because we seem to be outgrowing the current venue as it stands.
Its a interesting segue while we wrestle bears and wait for the 6.25pm doom posts.

The last time we played at Accor. The surface was fantastic. As they basically had the entire summer to get it ready.
Its not looking so crash hot at the moment mind you.
People forget that its the second biggest AFL ground in Australia. Holds the record for the biggest crowd outside of Victoria for AFL.
It used to be a big deal.

The SCG is the SCG.
The Bradman and Noble stand will extend right around the ground. With just the members and Ladies left standing (boom tish).
I'd expect 55/60 k capacity.

Foxsports reporting Roberts will be managed tomorrow night.
Suspect Fox comes into the starting 22. Wonder who the sub will be?

Its a interesting segue while we wrestle bears and wait for the 6.25pm doom posts.

The last time we played at Accor. The surface was fantastic. As they basically had the entire summer to get it ready.
People forget that its the second biggest AFL ground in Australia. Holds the record for the biggest crowd outside of Victoria for AFL.

The SCG is the SCG.
The Bradman and Noble stand will extend right around the ground. With just the members and Ladies left standing (boom tish).
Members and Ladies can go ,they did at the G and it's sensational

All I seem to read here for the past 5 years is that he doesn't know his arse from his elbow! But we're on top of the ladder and now he and the selection committee are infallible.

I'm biased. I bloody love Luke Parker. But I'm also thoroughly convinced that he's an important player for us and needs to play if we're challenging for a flag. I'm gobsmacked that he's not back in the side.

He's going to get a crack at some stage of course, but I'll maintain the unpopular opinion that he should have been immediately after proving his fitness at VFL level.

i wasn't saying you are wrong just that the coach disagrees currently

it will change no doubt.

We all love him, but I love adam goodes he isn't playing again either

Makes no sense ? The longer this ridiculous vaudeville act with selection continues re Parker don’t be surprised The Captain when fully fit is languishing in the VFL.🙄 Farcical.

Mills will walk back in after a week

I love the ridiculous act where we keep winning picking the best side, crazy

He might well play this week anyway.

And that Mr kneecapper is where your argument falls apart. There is no substitute for speed, speed always wins, when all else is equal and when all else fails at least you are fast.

I like fast players.

The side is about speed

the pace not the drug

I never liked Homebush, I always associate it with an annual loss to Collingwood sans-2012 Prelim. I think every time I went there we lost. Did we ever win at that venue??

Members and Ladies can go ,they did at the G and it's sensational
As I've posted in another thread, the SCG Members stand is older than the pavilions at Lords and The Oval. It isn't going anywhere.

The Members stand they knocked down at the MCG looked like it had been jerry-built by billeted US soldiers during WW2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it won’t all finals are at the SCG, Homebush has been reconfigured for starters. It’s a shocking ground for AFL anyway. If a prelim between Sydney and Collingwood ain’t at Homebush we ain’t having one against the Giants there

The SCG is the SCG.
What is the better scenario..?
Swans playing at the SCG infant of 35000 or at Homebush infant of 35000? easy answer.
Point being a stadium that is 3/4 full is much better than one that is half.

Also agree that the SCG is coming up for some new stands and it will likely increase its capacity to 55-60k
Members and Ladies stay!

Why isn't Papley getting any scrutiny? I think he's been way off the pace all season. Fumbly, poor decisions and disposal and his goal radar is way off. Parker may not be as quick but I think he'd offer more up forward and in the middle
Probably because he needs Buddy to crumb off.

He's like one of those little fish that swims next to the shark.

What is the better scenario..?
Swans playing at the SCG infant of 35000 or at Homebush infant of 35000? easy answer.
Point being a stadium that is 3/4 full is much better than one that is half.

Also agree that the SCG is coming up for some new stands and it will likely increase its capacity to 55-60k
Members and Ladies stay!
We'll always come third to cricket and rugby league if we stay at the SCG. I really disagree with the decision to play our home games there for all eternity. Not just because I find the snubbing by the SCG disrespectful since we give them a majority of their income, but because the camera angles for our games are a joke and really is a detriment to the spreading of the game in NSW.

We'll always come third to cricket and rugby league if we stay at the SCG. I really disagree with the decision to play our home games there for all eternity. Not just because I find the snubbing by the SCG disrespectful since we give them a majority of their income, but because the camera angles for our games are a joke and really is a detriment to the spreading of the game in NSW.

Homebush certainly isn’t the answer so do tell what’s your grand plan. SCG is perfect and it’s generally quite full for our games

No it won’t all finals are at the SCG, Homebush has been reconfigured for starters. It’s a shocking ground for AFL anyway. If a prelim between Sydney and Collingwood ain’t at Homebush we ain’t having one against the Giants there
Nah Homebush is the same as ever.
Played Rd1 there last year.

Probably because he needs Buddy to crumb off.

He's like one of those little fish that swims next to the shark.
He's getting enough of the ball but he's often using it quite poorly. On all the key stats you look for in a small forward - tackles, goals, goal assists - he's way down on previous years. His defensive pressure is really lacking and he looks lazy sometimes. If Hayward was playing like he was people would be howling for blood. Anyway, I'm sure he'll be picked and I hope he proves me wrong.

Nah Homebush is the same as ever.
Played Rd1 there last year.

Wasn’t that just before it was reconfigured thought I read that somewhere

It’s a trash stadium for AFL anyway with nothing in and around the area

No. It got new bathrooms and a huge screen.

Oh goody can’t wait for the new dunnys lol

Pity the ground is a dogs breakfast lol

If we never play another game there it is a good thing- there’s zilch around the area one terrible pub and that’s it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back