Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert's being dropped does not have the Ticky tick of Approval. But what do I know - I wanted Rampes to come back via the VFL.
Roberts will not be dropped. But he may be rested. He has played every game I think and has not performed at his best the last two weeks. A rest may be needed.
Maybe Lloyd into the backs and Parker in to beast the Can'ton midfield.

Dont mind a Roberts rest and campbell was great in the vfl

I think people just say he was injured last year and forgot how ordinary Parker looked at times . He will earn a spot back i'm sure , but hard to get in the side

It's disrespectful keeping Parker out of this team in favour of Adams IMHO.
One has been, and continues to be a lifelong Swan champion that sheds blood for the club, the other sells his arse to whoever pays.

Given there's not much between them I know who I'd be picking.

Looks like they’re gonna try and exploit us with their height when they bomb it in the forward line. Fair enough. Let’s hope our system prevents them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's disrespectful keeping Parker out of this team in favour of Adams IMHO.
One has been, and continues to be a lifelong Swan champion that sheds blood for the club, the other sells his arse to whoever pays.

Given there's not much between them I know who I'd be picking.
Love Parks but think Adams is a better fit for our current team.

Dont mind a Roberts rest and campbell was great in the vfl

I think people just say he was injured last year and forgot how ordinary Parker looked at times . He will earn a spot back i'm sure , but hard to get in the side
He had adductor soreness for the last two months of last season. That can be a bitch to play with, especially for someone his age, already not blessed with great agility. I'm with you that Parker's not in our best side right now, and he did have some average games last season early on, but if we're talking about him last year I think it's only fair we do so with all the facts.

Hope Francis has a big game, for his confidence’ sake 🙏

We may need him a fair bit throughout the season when Tmac is out … and if he doesn’t perform, we have Hamling in close quarters. 👍

He had adductor soreness for the last two months of last season. That can be a bitch to play with, especially for someone his age, already not blessed with great agility. I'm with you that Parker's not in our best side right now, and he did have some average games last season early on, but if we're talking about him last year I think it's only fair we do so with all the facts.

I am getting old but did the club ever confirm that injury was ongoing or was it heresay.

Yep true it's a bitch but he looked ordinary, maybe he shouldn't have played of course.

Prior to mid year mind you i thought he was beating up on hawks and suns types and wasting it against other sides. Leading the midfield when we were shit.

But Adductor can also **** you for years got a mate who is a great runner been stuffed for 2 years now.

Anyway I am glad the sides picked on form and I will be equally glad if that means Parker returns next time or sometime soon

So if he is being managed rested why is he an emergency? He is being dropped. This facade of s**t managed is weak as p1ss.
Isn't this what being managed is and not dropped? If he was dropped he would be trying to pick up form in the 2s whereas he is an emergency and if s**t hits the fan he will play but if not he gets a week off from playing

I am getting old but did the club ever confirm that injury was ongoing or was it heresay.

Yep true it's a bitch but he looked ordinary, maybe he shouldn't have played of course.

Adductor can also heck you for years got a mate who is a great runner been stuffed for 2 years now.

Anyway I am glad the sides picked on form and I will be equally glad if that means Parker returns next time or sometime soon
It's heresay... unless you believe the right people. Which of course you're not obligated to. :p

It’s interesting comparing the strategies of Chris Scott and Longmire. Scott continues to rotate players despite risking loss or at least percentage. Longmire largely (except the current Roberts management) keeps winning combinations together. I’m personally okay with Longmire’s philosophy but would prefer a move down the spectrum towards Scott’s so that we are fit and fresh for the last half of the season.

It's heresay... unless you believe the right people. Which of course you're not obligated to. :p

If he played through the club are stupid , so who knows , it is what it is.

I do think Roberts may be in the skippers spot though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back