Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a personal concierge, my job is very varied. Every day is different and always either challenging or fun. That’s what I love about it. Because of the range of services I can offer, people often ask me, “what is the weirdest request you’ve had?”

I have had some odd requests over the time I have been doing this, but I have never had so many strange requests from one client as I have had from Sam Reid. These are some of the stand outs from the time I have been working with him.

Producing toilet paper embossed with his initials
A bath of warm Welsh goat’s milk
Keeping a special ‘healing mushroom’ alive by keeping it soaked in said goats milk
500 white butterflies for his wedding
A scarf, similar to those that the late Yasser Arafat used to wear
Exhuming a buried hamster (that had died when he was interstate for a game) and moving it to his freezer
He asked for surprise flash mob singing Pharrell’s ‘Happy’ song at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music for his wife’s birthday
Filming his first child being born
Delivery of a patch of real grass to a hotel room for his French bulldog to relieve itself without having to go outside
Planning a birthday party with a Parisian picnic theme for his French Bulldog
Hiring a hypnotist for helping him lose weight for preseason, but before that, hiring a psychic to see if it would work
Organising his marriage proposal on top of the Great Wall of China
Installing a bat cave in his house, with a secret door leading to it through the library (I don't why he had a library, all he had in it were Spot and Clifford the Big Red Dog)

It’s interesting comparing the strategies of Chris Scott and Longmire. Scott continues to rotate players despite risking loss or at least percentage. Longmire largely (except the current Roberts management) keeps winning combinations together. I’m personally okay with Longmire’s philosophy but would prefer a move down the spectrum towards Scott’s so that we are fit and fresh for the last half of the season.
I do think Longmire is trying to get away from the pack and post the byes rd15 onwards we will see more regular rotation if we are still in the same position. I think Longmire is looking at it and going if i can rest 1 guy per week whether that be a full rest or just into the sub role who will it be. Roberts this week, maybe noone in the next couple because it surrounds the bye but then think we could start seeing the older guys getting some rest games or the wingers as they do alot of work.

If he played through the club are stupid , so who knows , it is what it is.

I do think Roberts may be in the skippers spot though
Agreed.

Difference between Parker & Mills is that Mills can do anything those in the team at risk (Roberts, Adams, potentially a Jordon) are doing in their roles, and more. Parker can't.

I do think Longmire is trying to get away from the pack and post the byes rd15 onwards we will see more regular rotation if we are still in the same position. I think Longmire is looking at it and going if i can rest 1 guy per week whether that be a full rest or just into the sub role who will it be. Roberts this week, maybe noone in the next couple because it surrounds the bye but then think we could start seeing the older guys getting some rest games or the wingers as they do alot of work.

Some of the guys you would rest , have . Rampe and Mccartin for instance .

Grundy should maybe take a week and Heeney, but they probably want to play .

Bye in two weeks anyway

Some of the guys you would rest , have . Rampe and Mccartin for instance .

Grundy should maybe take a week and Heeney, but they probably want to play .

Bye in two weeks anyway
I think Heeney probably won't need a rest till very very late like rd19-20. Feel like Grundy you could almost just play Mclean solo ruck if we do get lucky and play a side late in the season that doesn't have a ruck but i guess this is soo much guess work that we really shouldn't be doing just yet and let the side win the games needed

I think Heeney probably won't need a rest till very very late like rd19-20. Feel like Grundy you could almost just play Mclean solo ruck if we do get lucky and play a side late in the season that doesn't have a ruck but i guess this is soo much guess work that we really shouldn't be doing just yet and let the side win the games needed

I won't pretend to know enough about the sports science around the resting.

But it would be bloody nice to make a break on the pack here and get 2-3 wins ahead.

It’s interesting comparing the strategies of Chris Scott and Longmire. Scott continues to rotate players despite risking loss or at least percentage. Longmire largely (except the current Roberts management) keeps winning combinations together. I’m personally okay with Longmire’s philosophy but would prefer a move down the spectrum towards Scott’s so that we are fit and fresh for the last half of the season.
Although Geelong are a lot older and may need more management maybe. Especially older players.

Big game for Campbell, kind of hope he isn't just sub. Had a kick up the arse, can he fire a bit. He is reliable usually, though in the VFL he looked great in the guts, guess he isn't going in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Campbell be made sub and Fox come into the 22 to play Roberts' role. He can be useful both in a rebounding sense but also in a contested sense if Curnow/McKay/both get off the chain. I'd imagine Horse would also not want him sitting on the pine for a third week running.

I'd rather Campbell be made sub and Fox come into the 22 to play Roberts' role. He can be useful both in a rebounding sense but also in a contested sense if Curnow/McKay/both get off the chain. I'd imagine Horse would also not want him sitting on the pine for a third week running.
Nah.
Fox is perfect for filling a hole if needed.
He's literally the best sub option.
I trust Rampe/Francis and Blakey to defend.

Isn't this what being managed is and not dropped? If he was dropped he would be trying to pick up form in the 2s whereas he is an emergency and if s**t hits the fan he will play but if not he gets a week off from playing
He is either injured or omitted. If he needs a rest after playing 9 games at his age somethings wrong. That’s the bullshit weak as water new age of AFL football though and if correct no slight on Roberts. Fwiw he should be playing as his body strength and toughness would have been a bonus as an extra in contests against Curnow and McKay and would have had a couple of their front runners nervous with his physicality.

He is either injured or omitted. If he needs a rest after playing 9 games at his age somethings wrong. That’s the bullshit weak as water new age of AFL football though and if correct no slight on Roberts. Fwiw he should be playing as his body strength and toughness would have been a bonus as an extra in contests against Curnow and McKay and would have had a couple of their front runners nervous with his physicality.
Yeah when I was a lad
I walked to school in snow. Uphill.
Both ways!

Although Geelong are a lot older and may need more management maybe. Especially older players.

Agreed. Different circumstances except possibly regarding Adams and Parker. I thought after 2 x 6 day breaks plus a return flight to Perth, now would’ve been a good opportunity to manage Adams and give Parks a run.

Edit: Sorry 1x6 day break and 1x7 day break.

It's disrespectful keeping Parker out of this team in favour of Adams IMHO.
One has been, and continues to be a lifelong Swan champion that sheds blood for the club, the other sells his arse to whoever pays.

Given there's not much between them I know who I'd be picking.
During his last contact negotiation, the gossip was that Parker was taking his time to sign because he wanted a longer deal for more money. Eventually we came to the party but now I think we may feel a bit uncomfortable about it all.
We already did Parker a big favour by extending the terms of the offer (with many on here being a bit surprised by the added years), so maybe we feel that we don't owe him selection just because he is fit any more?

How exciting. We are playing for the minor premiership and a home final tomorrow night !

I don’t believe in jinxes, I believe in fast players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back