Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

does jackson stay main ruck when darcy returns
There will be a transition period while Shrek gets up to match speed, no way he steps in and plays 80% ruck from week 1 with a knee issue. Jackson should get plenty of ruck time through the byes then it depends mainly on how they manage Shrek's knee from a load perspective

Looks good. My only question is have you gone too early on Sexton.

If he goes back to back flank he could get to $300K.
Potentially. But with a 3rd game 47 and bye this week it will take him some time to reset and make another 60-80K where as Dempsey makes it quickly and no bye. Not a heap of other options to axe, Clark doesn't give me the coin required. Green post bye looks a must have happy to pay up.

1711422833719.png

Last edited:
Potentially. But with a 3rd game 47 and bye this week it will take him some time to reset and make another 60-80K where as Dempsey makes it quickly and no bye. Not a heap of other options to axe, Clark doesn't give me the coin required. Green post bye looks a must have happy to pay up.

View attachment 1939942
Yes fair enough. Only other option I can see is Reid to Pink

Finalised my trades (pending team naming) ......yes, I've gone early on Sam Darcy .....but he is super, super impressive, and I want him for the WCE matchup this week

View attachment 1939965
Hogan, Riccardi and Cadman didnt score as well as hoped (well i guess you can accept Cadman :) )

WC still have Barass and McGovern, they aren't spuds and far better then GC backs

Personally I would wait a week because if he spits out a 30 is it worth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying so hard to avoid trading keepers/premiums. Last season I traded cerra early and it came back to bite me. If anything, the extra trades mean we can chase points but I'm actually of the opinion that we have over compensated and gone a bit nuts collectively.

If gibcus, reid and coffield can all get injured in space of two rounds, then later in the season there could well be carnage. That carnage could well exacerbate the challenge that the byes pose as well.

So yes, being aggressive now may come off but it may not be the best course of action long term. I still think I'm trading aggressively but I'm not chasing points, I'm chasing value with rookies and midpricers. Given best of 18, it probably favours getting rookies in early as you can afford to have a couple that don't fire.

All that said, if I could find an easy way to get the likes of Green, serong and butters I would do so.

Instead though, I'm going to trust the process, load up on the best rookies and hopefully come home with a wet sail.

With that said, I am trading Newcombe. I'm getting Mckercher, Dempsey and D'Ambrosio so it's more about who I'm bringing in this round.

Also, this could just be a strategy settled on out of jealousy of those that started Heeney/serong/Green/butters etc.

Time will tell

Hogan and Cadman both didnt score as well as hoped

WC still have Barass and McGovern, they aren't spuds and far better then GC backs

Just my opinion .....but as much as we want a player to have the role ....we look at the quality of the player

Darcy has both the role ....and dare I go early, every chance to be a true star of the competition

Just my opinion .....but as much as we want a player to have the role ....we look at the quality of the player

Darcy has both the role ....and dare I go early, every chance to be a true star of the competition

Yeah i can see why you doing it, i just worry about crazy Bevo and also rookies being dropped after 2 weeks.

Happened to me a lot over the years and i promised myself i wouldn't do it this year lol

Yeah i can see why you doing it, i just worry about crazy Bevo and also rookies being dropped after 2 weeks.

Happened to me a lot over the years and i promised myself i wouldn't do it this year lol
I'll trust Bevo this time .....he did say last week, they wanted to make sure when the brought Darcy into the side ......he would be ready to stay in for a long time

IF English does take up FA with the Weagles .....the Bulldogs will be looking to Darcy as #1 Ruck .....they need to get games into him this year

Finalised my trades (pending team naming) ......yes, I've gone early on Sam Darcy .....but he is super, super impressive, and I want him for the WCE matchup this week

As good as we look on paper down back our defence was always structured around intercepts, Gov and Barrass (guns at this) are not the best one on one defenders (weve been found out), I would pick Darcy Jnr this week if I didn't have other pressing targets.
Can get him next week in my team by moving my DPP back to mids after a shift this week for trades.

Hogan, Riccardi and Cadman didnt score as well as hoped (well i guess you can accept Cadman :) )

He's also second ruck and taking all the fwd 50 ruck contests so should pick up a few there against WC

I'll trust Bevo this time .....he did say last week, they wanted to make sure when the brought Darcy into the side ......he would be ready to stay in for a long time

IF English does take up FA with the Weagles .....the Bulldogs will be looking to Darcy as #1 Ruck .....they need to get games into him this year
He's going to be a star.

View attachment 1939965
You have played the game long enough WW. That is asking for trouble as what happens if Darcy gets injured this week?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back