Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like Sir Ken, he needs a contract extension #goodforfooty
One more year of Bevo and the ensuing trade season will be like the Congress of Vienna.

Except instead of a bunch of aristocrats carving up Europe, it'll be 17 list managers carving up the Bulldogs squad.

ok - silly question so I'm expecting a silly answer

we had a plethora of r1 playing rookies so WTF are you doing with Simpson in your team ??
Long story TTR .....I have two sides, mirroring each other ....this enables me to setup all the BigFooty Leagues.

Trouble is, when I change one side, I have to change both ......in other words, this was an "OOPS" moment

Doesn't sound too bad to get right, does it ....however, I have the exact same situation with my AFL Fantasy Team .....so that's 4 x teams I'm changing around

The SC Gods will return with a vengeance... there is NO WAY we will get away with trading in Massimo, Clohesy, Comben, Graham, Garcia, Biggie, etc before they're on the bubble without consequences. We've been lucky so far, but the luck will end and we'll be left with dead rookies on our bench. Going early on rookies doesn't typically end well, this year we've already had a few success stories. When will it end? When will the SC Gods strike? Only time will tell...
Yeah, I had the same thoughts - SC has a way of balancing things out

This year has been too easy with many good rookies early. When it comes to the MBRs, we won’t/ unlikely have many cheap rookies to trade down to - watch this space :straining:

Yeah, I had the same thoughts - SC has a way of balancing things out

This year has been too easy with many good rookies early. When it comes to the MBRs, we won’t/ unlikely have many cheap rookies to trade down to - watch this space :straining:
I haven't crunched the numbers on it but it feels like more rookies have had a run early this year.
I bet it drys up soon.

Not bad.
Next few upgrades will need to be mids mate.
Your excellent on the other lines but the 120 average mids may hurt you as anti pods.
Something like Dempsey sanders and Roberts next week for the best mid you can get.
There surplus to requirements.
That’s the plan, but Stewart (value) & Marshall/ English are high on the hit list

Cast your eyes on a cellar dweller team .....and see how the other half live

Need to provide coverage for my injured eagle, Dawson ......decided not to have him put down

Got some bench players that need fixing ......next week

This week:
Carroll to Graham
Dempsey to Garcia (pending teams)
McKercher to Touk Touk

View attachment 1961475
Decent trades mate.
Your going to struggle with cash gen. Might pay to cycle out some dead rookies next week.
Sexton Clark and coffield need to be moved on.
Dawson is obviously a problem
Something like Wilson to McAuliffe Dawson to Walsh next week would be about the last move you can do for a few weeks I reckon.

Decent trades mate.
Your going to struggle with cash gen. Might pay to cycle out some dead rookies next week.
Sexton Clark and coffield need to be moved on.
Dawson is obviously a problem
Something like Wilson to McAuliffe Dawson to Walsh next week would be about the last move you can do for a few weeks I reckon.
Spot on Buttox 👍

I haven't crunched the numbers on it but it feels like more rookies have had a run early this year.
I bet it drys up soon.
Hardeman and George from our mob can't be too far away.

GC fans - what's Jake Rogers been like in the twos? Debut on the horizon?

What about James Leake from GWS?

Jackson is an F6 at worst, and handy ruck back up at best.

Gotta hold that s**t.

The rookies can get the * off my field though.
If Jackson is F6 avg around 90 like he avg last year with Shrek, then you will be able to get him sub 500k. Spent a most of the time while Shrek was playing last year priced between 450-500k.

Ideally you traded him last week when he was almost 600k (I would have if Shrek was named), but still at 560k, its easily worth the trade to bring in someone in midfield who will avg 30 points more than him (for me it's Steele). If you need him, you can trade him in later for 100k cheaper. If I have on field forward rookies like Reid, Dempsey and Darcy avg between 75-80, I don't care about leaking 10-15 points to a Jackson, vs leaking 40-50 points from on field rookies to keepers in the mids or backs.

If Jackson is F6 avg around 90 like he avg last year with Shrek, then you will be able to get him sub 500k. Spent a most of the time while Shrek was playing last year priced between 450-500k.

Ideally you traded him last week when he was almost 600k (I would have if Shrek was named), but still at 560k, its easily worth the trade to bring in someone in midfield who will avg 30 points more than him (for me it's Steele). If you need him, you can trade him in later for 100k cheaper. If I have on field forward rookies like Reid, Dempsey and Darcy avg between 75-80, I don't care about leaking 10-15 points to a Jackson, vs leaking 40-50 points from on field rookies to keepers in the mids or backs.
I get your reasoning. But the flaw in your plan is you keep the same number of premos as last week.
I've just upgraded bench rookies to zerrett. That's a far bigger upgrade.

Your effectively a week behind now.
It's a race to a completed team not a race to the top 13 scorers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post and sound argument.

I guess the counters to your counter would be: B/E of 55, still priced at sub 120 (I think, haven't done the maths) despite averaging 144 and a white hot captaincy option (which an undervalued premo may not be). So you are going to be waiting a while for him to come back down to a price lower than he currently is. I've played this game of waiting for a price drop with the likes of Sam Docherty when he was the best in the business one season and you end up so far back from the pack because, not only are you missing the scores, but you missing the double whammy of the captaincy score on the really big weeks.
Lost count of the counters, but for me the biggest reason not to stump up big $$ for a bolter you missed like Heeney is you lock in never catching the Heeney owners. Have to do that by doing something different

I get your reasoning. But the flaw in your plan is you keep the same number of premos as last week.
I've just upgraded bench rookies to zerrett. That's a far bigger upgrade.

Your effectively a week behind now.
It's a race to a completed team not a race to the top 13 scorers.
Just on that point mate, how do you see it with teams that have Dawson?

Hardeman and George from our mob can't be too far away.

GC fans - what's Jake Rogers been like in the twos? Debut on the horizon?

What about James Leake from GWS?
Rosas is out for 8 weeks with a hammy which SUCKS cause he is our best small forward, but that means someone has to replace him.
From form in the twos Long and Ace would probs be next up, HOWEVER dimma has shown that he loves to blood the future rather than play the listcloggers like Long, so I would not be surprised if Rogers is brought in this week. Swallow was the sub and came on and kickd 3 snags so he probs just comes in and they bring a Atkins/Long/Jeffrey in as sub, but fingers crossed its Rogers (not as sub)

I reckon Bevo has just lost the playing group, they're a mess. Surprised he isn't sacked yet. They'll either have a few big performances and bounce back, or he'll be sacked.

Meek to English to $100k pleeeeeeeeeeease :)
I never trade out premos unless injured … but watching English last week got me thinking hard about switching him out. It wasn’t that he got beaten … it was the total lack of effort. Didn’t lead for the ball or even compete in marking contests. I’ll give him a chance to bounce back tho - hopefully got a massive rocket

Just on that point mate, how do you see it with teams that have Dawson?
Dawson is not averaging enough to be a premo on any line. Different case.
If he had or was getting DPP I'd think about holding and upgrading around him.
As it stands the best Dawson owners can do is boost him during a double upgrade week.
Something like Kerch sanders and Dawson to 2 550k premos and a rookie.
Keep the upgrades flowing.

I never trade out premos unless injured … but watching English last week got me thinking hard about switching him out. It wasn’t that he got beaten … it was the total lack of effort. Didn’t lead for the ball or even compete in marking contests. I’ll give him a chance to bounce back tho - hopefully got a massive rocket
I'm extremely tempted to pull the trigger on him this week, that was deeply concerning and not wanting to fall in the same trap that Dawson owners have found themselves in now. If English bounces back, he doesn't change in price but if he does then he bleeds very quickly and right now you can get a premo mid and what feels more safe. Crazy I know considering it's one bad score but it's at least worth thinking about.

How many trades? Few hammys go pop youll have to do some dead rookie culling.
Enough 27 now 25 after Walsh next week.
Petracca comes in in a few weeks and then it's only chasing Ryan in defence as a super expensive guys. Once I'm at 7 sp mids most of the heavy lifting is done. Team will be completed before the byes or in the first week.
After that excess trades are for bringing in rookie with cool names.
Steely green
Shadow brain
Etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back