Game Day 2024 Round 8 Discussion ....It's Carnage I Tell Ya !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee its getting hairy isnt it. Powell, Steele, Roma all looking suss.

Underperforming premos left right and centre. Even the magical Bont is looking a little dubious.

Seems like big Maxy is the only player you can rely on at the moment.( I ve probably jinxed him now, the Supercoach Gods are ever spiteful)
Yep.
I'm trying to hold my premos myself
I have Steele and Rozee.
Both I expect can turn it around
Mid pricers like Powell are gone though. He's done his job

Meek and Sweet owners (that don't have Jackson in the fwd line), what will be the magic number for Sweet to score tonight which will convince you to trade Meek this week and have Sweet as your permanent R2 for the next month?

That money by trading Meek will come in very handy for upgrades. But of course there is always the risk that Sweet gets injured at R2 and then we are left scrambling to fix up R2 going forward.
Seriously has to be 150+

Yep.
I have Steele and Rozee.
I'm 50/50 on keeping Powell or not.

Is he going to get his mid position back? Any news?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.
I have Steele and Rozee.
Been considering the same.

With the crapshoot of the forward line though, I reckon anything 90+ is acceptable as a premo forward.

So far, Powell is averaging 87 with 4 scores (out of 7) of 90+. (95, 129, 92, 73, 98, 73, 49)

Prior to last week, he was still averaging 93. Then last week he only got 14% of CBA's (moved to half forward) and scored terribly. All other weeks his CBA attendance has been fine.

Phillips has come in and gotten some of his time and Simpkin has been used more (after starting at half forward) the last 2 weeks. On the weekend, Paul Curtis got 26% (basically his first for the year) and I thought he looked decent/added something different in there.

There's been some mention of Phillips losing his spot (and Simpkin carrying an injury)? Do you know if either of these are true? I think if one or both of those guys are dropped, I'll hold with the expectation of a return to normal mid time (and ok scoring for a forward) but if both are named, then I'll upgrade to mid premo as the risk of terrible half forward scores (with a B/E of 115) is too great.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back