Game Day 2024 Round 8 Discussion ....It's Carnage I Tell Ya !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 touches (only eight contested) at 54%. Reckon you came out of that alright in the end.

I think that's the 'unlucky' part.

I watched very closely and he was almost exclusively kicking the ball into the forward line in the first half. I think the rule is that if the ball goes less than 40m to a contest, it is considered ineffective but the way defences are structured these days (with an outnumber long and deep), it rarely pays off to just bomb it long and so kicking short (yes, even to a contest as at least it's one on one instead of one on two or three) is a far more effectie strategy. Even the "chaos" ball into the forward line is more effective these days than "long to the hotspot". Most of Dawson's kicks in the first half were 30-35m passes into the 50 to a 1 on 1 where he teammates didn't often take the mark but a goal still resulted for the team. They were scored very low as they are not counted as effective.

For me, it's an archaic interpretation as the effective "long to a contest" (i.e. long down the line) is in actuality far less effective than some types of short passes considered ineffective, including into the corridor and especially, going inside 50.

Whilst it doesn't apply to Dawson, I also don't think there should be such a difference in kick versus handball scoring as there are now lots of circumstances where handballing is more effective and destructive than "throwing it on the boot".

That Dawson score much better than it was looking at HT …..if that’s his floor, i’m ok
Yeah we got out of jail on that one.

110 average over the two weeks i ve held him. At a price of 533k paid i think thats ok so far.

Does anyone know of any tools to project player value depending on what score they get?

I'm trying to work out English vs Meek, ie. if Meek scores 80 (BE 56) and English 130 (BE 90) who goes up more - just wanna play around with a tool like this if there is one

Does anyone know of any tools to project player value depending on what score they get?

I'm trying to work out English vs Meek, ie. if Meek scores 80 (BE 56) and English 130 (BE 90) who goes up more - just wanna play around with a tool like this if there is one
Only site i know currently that provides what if pricing increases, is Moreias Magic ( sorry for spelling)

Work on roughly $500 for every point above their BE.

In your example Meek would go up approx $12k and English $20k

Naicos Walsh(vc) (Zwilliams) tonight.

Don’t like having the vc on a direct opponent but he should dominate with both Degoey/Mitchell out. Pumped for a big rivalry game and off to the G very soon.

Happy Orthodox Easter to those who celebrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only site i know currently that provides what if pricing increases, is Moreias Magic ( sorry for spelling)
Work on roughly $500 for every point above their BE.

In your example Meek would go up approx $12k and English $20k
Thank you! I have heard of Moreais Magic, was looking to see if there was a free tool for a quick check (I believe Moreais is a premium subscription)

I'm after some help Fellas. This is my current team I traded Marshall > Sweet yesterday and still have 2 trades left.
Current cash in the bank is $470,400 but I'm not sure what to do.
I want to get rid of Mass & Sharp but would also trade Cadman as well.
I definately need another premo forward and really don't like anyone but I think Fyfe could end up a decent F6.

1714716579329.png

I'm after some help Fellas. This is my current team I traded Marshall > Sweet yesterday and still have 2 trades left.
I definately need another premo forward and really don't like anyone but I think Fyfe could end up a decent F6.

View attachment 1977973

my first option would be Sharp>Green

its a bit trickier after that.

View attachment 1977973
Bolton is as good an option as any up forward?
Curnow?
McKay?

I've got Rankine, he's going ok.

We are going to have to take a punt on at least one of these types this season imo.

Dylan Moore?

Check your byes, that might help decide it.

SUNDAY, MAY 5

Richmond v Fremantle at the MCG, 1pm AEST

RICHMOND

In:
J.Short, T.Sonsie
Out: J.Hopper (hamstring), J.Graham (hamstring)

R7 sub: Kamdyn McIntosh

FREMANTLE

In:
J.Amiss
Out: P.Voss (omitted)

R7 sub: Cooper Simpson

Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium, 4pm AEST

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
J.Ugle-Hagan, C.Clarke, T.Liberatore, O.Baker
Out: C.Weightman (elbow), R.West (suspension), R.Lobb (omitted), C.Daniel (omitted)

New: Charlie Clarke

R7 sub: Caleb Daniel

HAWTHORN

In:
N.Watson, M.D'Ambrosio, J.Ward, C.Dear
Out: M.Chol (suspension), J.Serong (omitted), S.Mitchell (managed), M.Ramsden (omitted)

New: Calsher Dear

R7 sub: Max Ramsden

Brisbane v Gold Coast at the Gabba, 7.10pm AEST

BRISBANE

In:
O.McInerney, H.Sharp, B.Reville
Out: J.Tunstill (omitted), C.Ah Chee (hamstring), D.Fort (omitted)

New: Bruce Reville

R7 sub: James Tunstill

GOLD COAST

In:
E.Read, B.Long
Out: B.Humphrey (managed), S.Day (omitted)

R7 sub: David Swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back