List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have super mixed feelings about it, but Tarryn Thomas would make our side a hell of a lot better.

Can rotate through the centre, has pace and skill, can kick goals. If it weren't for his obvious issues he'd be a dream addition.

FB: Stocker Howard Wilkie
HB: Sinclair Battle NAS
C: Wood Windhager Henry
HF: Owens Sharman Philipou
FF: Higgins King Membrey
R: Marshall Steele Thomas
I/C: Wood Hill Byrnes Dow Wilson

That's a decent looking line up with guys like Arie, Caminiti, Garcia, Collard, Keeler and our 2024 draftees all developing.

Add McLuggage AND Thomas and we've got a premiership calibre midfield which would still probably be our weakest area.
Imagine the melts at Norf if the Saints picked up both LDU and Thomas 🤣 They’d generate enough energy to power Melbourne for a month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to be Debbie downer here but we always get excited about these big name free agents we are chasing - but none ever come to us.

So I’ll be just worrying about how the season goes for us without expending any emotion on the could, possibly, maybes…

I don't think we're as desperate for gun trades as we were in the Throw Chequebook At Fyfe-Dusty-Heeney-Shiel-Kelly-erm-Hanneberry Era. They're always welcome but not at any price and only ones that fit in to the RTB system. Our internal build looks a lot more promising than previous versions - though I've said the same before and been proven wrong.

I daresay we might even be more enticing to oppo players looking for a move for reasons other than financial or boyhood club.

We are still on the hunt for that gun transformative mid that other teams genuinely fear, but there aren't many who fit the bill, so I'm not going to invest too much hope in that, particularly since what we are developing is already so exciting.

If it happens, then great.

I wouldn't mind getting the Scottish Suitcase but I wouldn't be giving up too much to get him, he's a nice player but he isn't a great player.

He isn't a great player and a game changer like De Goey but we haven't had much luck attracting them.

We had to move heaven and earth to get Hill but he's given us the added bonus of helping us to attract Henry who looks like a game changer

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back