2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some learnings for the whole VFL team on how to put defensive pressure on. Just too loose when the pressure needed to lift. Very very average pressure and tackling.

Reville, Brain, Henry and Sharp looked good. Ben Thomas was solid on debut as a top up.

It’s not a good sign when the reserves are so bad. Hudson I’m afraid should not be a coach.
To be fair to Hudson I think it is hard to structure a side that has Fort, Smith, Lane, Ryan, Morris & Lloyd.

Easy to say throw one back for balance, however, decisions at VFL level such as these are largely governed by the players development plans for progression up to AFL.

I will say though, I think it is reaching the point that having all those above guys playing forward/ruck is starting to hinder all of their games/development.

Hope we consider giving Smith a debut soon - guy is developing in leaps and bounds. Would be playing him over Dizzy.

Brain was fantastic.

Bruce really needed more support, but looked good.

Structure and missing our top 3 mids really hurt.

Reville & Torrent showed good signs. Plenty to work with there.

Sharp has definitely improved over his time but is still inconsistent throughout games and needs to do more to push for senior selection.

Prior is frustrating. Demands the ball a lot at this level but often just bombs it as far as he can.

Brain and Smith continuing to develop in their roles. Maybe another 12 months away from really pushing into senior calculations but miles ahead of where they were this time last year.

The top ups are spuds

Would like to see an experience comparison
None of our guys have set positions. They don’t have foresight to know when to corral instead of 3 guys tackling the same man (leaving 2 free). Don’t kick to advantage. It’s a coaching problem and it makes our fringe players try too hard as they know they can’t get an AFL game.

We can't expect all our 24th and lower ranked players to be stars at that level or even ever become regular AFL players, all we can hope for is we find/develop a few gems.

IMO there are a few players who have shown signs they could be handy at AFL level albeit a couple of these names are very small sample sizes. >

Reece Torrent, Shadeau Brain, Bruce Reville, Logan Morris.... you could add Kai Lohmann and James Tunstill to that list as with everyone available both would be on the fringe.

Just got home (wasn’t at the ressies game).

What happened to Dev? I thought he started the game.

Took a heavy knock to the shoulder. Looked like he wanted to go back on but we pulled the plug. Could be an emergency for tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of our guys have set positions. They don’t have foresight to know when to corral instead of 3 guys tackling the same man (leaving 2 free). Don’t kick to advantage. It’s a coaching problem and it makes our fringe players try too hard as they know they can’t get an AFL game.

I'm guessing you were having a crack at fages 2 weeks ago as well?

Our squad is bog average and the team is way too tall

I meant brain with the first one. Fight me briztoon.
pulling ex on the beach GIF by MTV Nederland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back