Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't watch many non-north games and in the games against us, I hadn't noticed him that much. But my mate (non-north) who is the smartest footy brain I know swears he is a real gun.

Is he blowing smoke or should I get excited?

Don't watch many non-north games and in the games against us, I hadn't noticed him that much. But my mate (non-north) who is the smartest footy brain I know swears he is a real gun.

Is he blowing smoke or should I get excited?

He didn’t go pick 3 for no reason.
But here’s the summary.

Top bloke, strong leadership and very smart natural footballer, strong runner and defensively minded.

Gets let down by his decision making from time to time and his kicking under pressure is inconsistent.

Dom Tyson | Midfielder | 25-years-old | 107 games
“Dom Tyson just adds to our midfield depth.

“Again, he doesn’t leave us so vulnerable if anything was to happen to a Ben Cunnington, a Jack Ziebell or a Shaun Higgins.

“We know that he can come in with Jed Anderson, Ben Jacobs, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern, and add to that midfield depth.”

Dom Tyson | Midfielder | 25-years-old | 107 games
“Dom Tyson just adds to our midfield depth.

“Again, he doesn’t leave us so vulnerable if anything was to happen to a Ben Cunnington, a Jack Ziebell or a Shaun Higgins.

“We know that he can come in with Jed Anderson, Ben Jacobs, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern, and add to that midfield depth.”

Not really a glowing endorsement. Pretty much just says he adds to our depth.

I would’ve thought there may have been some mention of his upside ect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm... what.

Are we being insulted by a guy who beat us once in over 10 years and were as ineffective in finals as we were?

As a pure inside midfielder at Melbourne he was behind:
Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Jones

At north as pure inside mid he is probably only behind Cunnington & Higgins.

It was a fair comment. Melbourne’s inside depth is probably the best in the comp.

As a pure inside midfielder at Melbourne he was behind:
Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Jones

At north as pure inside mid he is probably only behind Cunnington & Higgins.

It was a fair comment. Melbourne’s inside depth is probably the best in the comp.
Probably add Jacobs in there.
But you can see we’re actually a bit light on in the coalface.

kangaroo7 and Mastermind may have shouted Tom, when Tommy Allison was up & about back in the 60's.

Hang on a minute, I have overlooked something.

Looking forward to again shouting THOMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

serveimage

serveimage

Not really a glowing endorsement. Pretty much just says he adds to our depth.

I would’ve thought there may have been some mention of his upside ect

Mate , what we say in the public domain and what is said behind glass closed doors with people walking past with the ability to read lips is another matter. imo all of our recruits were brought in to play seniors and form our best 22.

Mate , what we say in the public domain and what is said behind glass closed doors with people walking past with the ability to read lips is another matter. imo all of our recruits were brought in to play seniors and form our best 22.
He's midfield depth, not list depth.

He's midfield depth, not list depth.

After Cunners, he's on par with anyone else we have when it comes to extracting the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back